BT Sport

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Farmboy

Re: BT Sport

Post by Farmboy »

LE18 you need to do a bit of work. Set down what you have now, how much each costs?& total cost. Then set down your ideal of what you would like, Then ring up Sky,BT,Virgin, Talktalk & ask for a price for what you have now & your ideal choice then you can make your mind up.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

BT are in the process of buying EE (Orange), the largest UK mobile provider and subject to approval should soon be offering better landline/mobile/broadband/TV packages. There are lots of variables in terms of landline and mobile inclusive calls; broadband speed; TV cannels; HD; etc. so comparisons are sometimes difficult but you should do better with a single supplier than split services. :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

just had a massive ruck with BT about this - I told them I thought it a breach of contraCt (signed up till jan 16) they say sport is not in the contract and you are only in contract for the broadband.
However when I finally agreed to downgrade to BT lite after about an hour on phone to various stages of managment telling me that it was all leagal , they then tell me that if I want BT sport lite I have to sign up to broadband for another 1 full year. So it is not part of the contract when it suits them but it is when it doesn't.
At this I threw my toys out of the pram and told them to scrap the sport, scrap the HD scrap the second room and in january scrap the broadband - I am still seething!!
- unless I calm down soon I have a mind to go in and find out the termination costs not and scrap the broadband now as well. I know that would be cutting off my nose to spite my face but I cannot abide this type of sharp practice by these massive companies, frankly it's nothing short of robbery!
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Absolute shower, was meant to move to them last week and they completely screwed up the install. Ended up staying with Sky who gave me a better deal. Still costing more but at least I know i'm getting decent service.
cpwhelan
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by cpwhelan »

I've just rang BT and discussed what I learnt from previous posts, so thanks for all those. There's no way to escape the new £5 but they have agreed to lower by BR broadband rental by £3.85 a month so I'll only be paying £1.15 for the new sports package from August - can't really call it a bargain but anything's better than nowt!
mosseyuk

Post by mosseyuk »

for anyone (like me) who likes to watch the occasional bit of Rugby on sky - the Nowtv box is a useful bit of kit. I got mine from Tesco for £35 and it included the entertainment package (extra channels like atlantic and loads of on demand stuff) for 6 months but .....if you want you can add 24 hours of sport when you like for £6.99 upwards. You need a wi-fi network and a spare HDMI socket but nothing else. The box on its own is now £9.99.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I have managed to get the BT Sport pack through the Sky platform for free up to the end of July 2016......took a bit of haggling and three phone callls!!!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

mosseyuk wrote:for anyone (like me) who likes to watch the occasional bit of Rugby on sky - the Nowtv box is a useful bit of kit. I got mine from Tesco for £35 and it included the entertainment package (extra channels like atlantic and loads of on demand stuff) for 6 months but .....if you want you can add 24 hours of sport when you like for £6.99 upwards. You need a wi-fi network and a spare HDMI socket but nothing else. The box on its own is now £9.99.
I've found that useful too. I don't even need a box - it's part of the smart TV package on my telly.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Tigerbeat wrote:I have managed to get the BT Sport pack through the Sky platform for free up to the end of July 2016......took a bit of haggling and three phone callls!!!
that took me 1 after I rang up to cancel and told them I'd been told I couldn't get it through Sky without the broadband anymore, I'd been lied to so they did that for me
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

I just agreed to sign a new contract with BT & get all the sports for free including the new sports channels that start on August 1st. So I'm very happy.
T1GJR

Post by T1GJR »

I have just had a mail shot from BT and have just downgraded to the new BT Sport Lite. It's free and has the rugby, but not the football.
Cassandra
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Cassandra »

T1GJR wrote:I have just had a mail shot from BT and have just downgraded to the new BT Sport Lite. It's free and has the rugby, but not the football.
But you don't get the European rugby according to here.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Cassandra wrote:
T1GJR wrote:I have just had a mail shot from BT and have just downgraded to the new BT Sport Lite. It's free and has the rugby, but not the football.
But you don't get the European rugby according to here.
Like T1GJR, I have also downgraded to BT Lite. As I will be at most of the ER games and have absolutely no interested in soccer, it is, for me, the worthwhile option. I can get the ER games by streaming or at the pub should I need to.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Like T1GJR, I have also downgraded to BT Lite. As I will be at most of the ER games and have absolutely no interested in soccer, it is, for me, the worthwhile option. I can get the ER games by streaming or at the pub should I need to.
So the extra few pounds you have saved, you are going to spend at the pub? :smt017 :smt023