Mele going to Toulouse

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Mele going to Toulouse

Post by LE18 »

Billb wrote:The move of Mele to Toulouse for next season was announced by Tigers on Radio Leicester today (with a comment that Tigers had signed a southern hemisphere scrum half)

What has happened here? Mele has been ignored for the second half of the season, (Harrison suddenly became the shining light after being a poor A team player last year), so I'm not surprised that he's decided on leaving, but why was his fall from grace so profound?

I wish him all the best teaming up with Toby Flood again, and expect to see him in Les Blues very soon. But have to ask the question how long will it be before Williams is the next to leave?

Sounds like Toby could be released by Toulouse!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Mele hasn't got any French caps and is unlikely to get any. Before coming to us he was a 2nd choice scrum half at Perpignan, he came as back up to Ben Youngs and did ok, had Sam Harrison been fit we may not even have signed Mele. Sam has regained fitness and has moved ahead of Mele in the rankings and is younger. Consequently Mele is moving on, he will be second/third choice at Toulouse and may well be better paid than fulfilling a similar role at Tigers. Good luck to him, he has done a job for us but the nature of professional sport is that when some one better and younger comes along it is time to go.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

For John the Griff Mele has 3 French caps at Junior level and he was second choice at his former club because the first choice scrum half was already an international. Please if you are going to criticise my posts get your facts right first.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Noddy555 wrote:For John the Griff Mele has 3 French caps at Junior level and he was second choice at his former club because the first choice scrum half was already an international. Please if you are going to criticise my posts get your facts right first.
You said gain more French Caps which implies he already has some. He is unlikely to get more caps at junior level.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Doghashadhisday wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:For John the Griff Mele has 3 French caps at Junior level and he was second choice at his former club because the first choice scrum half was already an international. Please if you are going to criticise my posts get your facts right first.
You said gain more French Caps which implies he already has some. He is unlikely to get more caps at junior level.
This made me chuckle :smt003
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Most unlikely he will get any French caps!
He will be no more than second choice at Toulouse at the beginning of the season.
The three scrum halves in the French World Cup squad are Tillous-Borde, Parra and Kockott,and arguably the best French scrum half, Machenaud of Racing doesn't even make the squad!
Semper in excretia
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Robespierre wrote:Most unlikely he will get any French caps!
He will be no more than second choice at Toulouse at the beginning of the season.
The three scrum halves in the French World Cup squad are Tillous-Borde, Parra and Kockott,and arguably the best French scrum half, Machenaud of Racing doesn't even make the squad!
Don't let facts and rational argument get in the way of Noddy's fantasies!
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

The only fantasies I have Smithy are not to do with Rugby. They are probably all sexual or me leering whilst operating a guillotine on you know who?
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

Noddy555 wrote:The only fantasies I have Smithy are not to do with Rugby. They are probably all sexual or me leering whilst operating a guillotine on you know who?
I always did want to get Voldemort with a muggle contraption :smt023
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Noddy555 wrote:The only fantasies I have Smithy are not to do with Rugby. They are probably all sexual or me leering whilst operating a guillotine on you know who?
I must confess that I slightly regurgitated some of my tea when I read this! Be honest, Nod; are you a descendant of Don Quioxte? :smt026
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

No Smithy wrong Don, more like Don Juan or Casanova, but I suppose that's better than being descended from Maciavelli.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Noddy555 wrote:No Smithy wrong Don, more like Don Juan or Casanova, but I suppose that's better than being descended from Maciavelli.
More like Don ald Duck.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

h's dad wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:No Smithy wrong Don, more like Don Juan or Casanova, but I suppose that's better than being descended from Maciavelli.
More like Don ald Duck.
That made me chuckle :smt003
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

h's dad wrote:
More like Don ald Duck.
:smt042 :smt043 :smt038