Cipriani

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Cipriani

Post by ourla »

BBC now says "Cipriani, 27, has not been charged and will meet up with the rest of England's World Cup training squad on 22 June." Of course they may still charge him but sounds like he may have got away with it.
snoopster

Post by snoopster »

welshy08 wrote:He may have crashed his car while under the influence, into another vehicle.

If you or I did that we would get three years in clink.

I doubt it, if no one was badly injured and the driver was otherwise legal(as in has a valid licence and was insured etc) then it is unlikely to be more than a suspended sentence. To get three years you would have to cause serious injury and, likely, be a repeat offender.
Our legal system doesn't really take driving related offences seriously at all - I think the total % of prison sentences for causing a death on the roads is not much over 50%.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

It doesn't help England's cause having to wait until August for news of any action which may require further action by Lancaster.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... iving.html

It's getting to the point where H is cleaning his boots in case he gets a phone call.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Welshy08, what a poor post, full of anger and ill informed prejudice!

You would have to be 3 or 4 times over the limit for custody of any length to be considered at all. 3 years? The maximum is 26 weeks.

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/wp ... r_2014.pdf
Valhalla I am coming!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

fleabane wrote:Welshy08, what a poor post, full of anger and ill informed prejudice!

You would have to be 3 or 4 times over the limit for custody of any length to be considered at all. 3 years? The maximum is 26 weeks.

Nothing new for our 'Anglophile' :smt005 correspondent.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

jgriffin wrote:
fleabane wrote:Welshy08, what a poor post, full of anger and ill informed prejudice!

Nothing new for our 'Anglophile' :smt005 correspondent.
Maybe anticipating that following the election, sentencing policy may follow guidance from the Daily Mail.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

If you get arrested for drink driving and blow on the station breath test machine between 35 and 49 millilitres of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath, you can opt to have blood or urine taken.
You the get bailed until the results are known. Generally 4 to 6 weeks.

So, if he hasn't been charged then that may possibly be the reason. I hope that he is under, had a few waited until the earlier hours and drove home thinking he was ok. I maybe in the massive minority but would like to see him in the England squad. He brings the Quade cooper or spencer Carlos to the squad. That bit of unpredictability.

If he was crawled out of a club, knowing he is spannered, then no sympathy and waste of talent . Which is a shame.
There is never any points for 2nd place...