Cipriani

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cipriani

Post by TigerLad »

Danny Cipriani has reportedly been arrested for drink driving on Monday night. Stuart's culture is really working isn't it? Surely worse than the RWC 2011 incidents? I wonder if Cipriani will be dropped aswell?
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Cipriani

Post by TigerLad »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/en ... ni-5805544

"He's really worked on his discipline at Sale" :smt009
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

And from the BBC.

If this is all true, he's well and truly shot himself in the foot this time. I really thought he'd got his act together at Sale and, IMHO, should be second choice behind George Ford for England.

I guess we really are stuck with Farrell now. :smt009
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

I wonder if it is just Cipriani who has shot himself in the foot. What will happen if Tom Youngs, Joseph and Ford all get injured, the England squad will start to look a bit thin. Worse than that they may have the bright idea of playing Burgess at centre.
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

Downsouth wrote:I wonder if it is just Cipriani who has shot himself in the foot. What will happen if Tom Youngs, Joseph and Ford all get injured, the England squad will start to look a bit thin. Worse than that they may have the bright idea of playing Burgess at centre.
Pardon? I don't follow your reasoning. You cannot account for injuries but there's no excuse for being behind the wheel in an accident and over the drink drive limit at 05.15 on a Monday morning.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

It's a ridiculous thing for him to do. He looked to have FINALLY clawed his way back into genuine contention and looked to be putting huge pressure on Goode's place in the WC squad. Almost two seasons of quality rugby and no off-field stupidity and it looked like he'd finally get the chance to show the talent that has been obvious for the last decade.... and then he does this...

Idiot.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

TigerLad wrote:Danny Cipriani has reportedly been arrested for drink driving on Monday night. Stuart's culture is really working isn't it? Surely worse than the RWC 2011 incidents? I wonder if Cipriani will be dropped aswell?
I fail to see that this is evidence of Stuart Lancaster's culture not working - it won't be working if he fails to deal with it properly. The evidence so far is that he (SL) has always taken appropriate action, when necessary.

I have no idea what will be the fallout from this episode but it probably isn't particularly difficult for SL to handle. Cips was just an outside chnace of being picked as a utility back (cover for 10, 15 and kicker etc). This function is easily replaced by Slade or Daly.

The implications for Cips, however, ....
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

InGuinnessVeritas wrote:Pardon? I don't follow your reasoning. You cannot account for injuries but there's no excuse for being behind the wheel in an accident and over the drink drive limit at 05.15 on a Monday morning.
Waited until 5:15 thinking that he'd be back under the limit after having 4 or 5 before midnight?
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Reports circulating on Twitter that he has not actually been charged!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

DickyP wrote:
TigerLad wrote:Danny Cipriani has reportedly been arrested for drink driving on Monday night. Stuart's culture is really working isn't it? Surely worse than the RWC 2011 incidents? I wonder if Cipriani will be dropped aswell?
I fail to see that this is evidence of Stuart Lancaster's culture not working - it won't be working if he fails to deal with it properly. The evidence so far is that he (SL) has always taken appropriate action, when necessary.

I have no idea what will be the fallout from this episode but it probably isn't particularly difficult for SL to handle. Cips was just an outside chnace of being picked as a utility back (cover for 10, 15 and kicker etc). This function is easily replaced by Slade or Daly.

The implications for Cips, however, ....
I agree with all of that. I really thought he had a chance of making the bench behind Ford as he is more of an impact player than Farrell. Let's hope he was under the limit and this is just bad luck, but as he's been released on bail that seems unlikely presumably?

Yes and SL is about as much to blame for the behaviour of some of his squad as MJ was in 2011, a coach/manager can only provide agreed parameters/standards which his playing squad buy into (Will Greenwood on 5 Live was talking about just that this morning), ultimately it's the players' responsibility to use common sense.
Soggypitch
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

fentiger wrote:Reports circulating on Twitter that he has not actually been charged!
Nice to see all the comments on here that may well be a bit 'previous'. If he is not charged, then nothing except an accident happened.
Also need to look at how Care was treated when under several 'pending'.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

It's standard practice to arrest after an accident if drink is suspected, however often if it is marginal the second test at the police station proves negative. We shall have to wait and see......
I do hope he isn't charged as he has worked hard, and he certainly doesn't fall into the Dimmon category of thuggery!
welshy08

Post by welshy08 »

He may have crashed his car while under the influence, into another vehicle.

If you or I did that we would get three years in clink.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

welshy08 wrote:He may have crashed his car while under the influence, into another vehicle.

Not if you could afford one of the 'get you off free' solicitors that the Royals, Beckham and so on use.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

welshy08 wrote:He may have crashed his car while under the influence, into another vehicle.

What did Powell get for the golf buggy incident? :smt017
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man