Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

h's dad
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu Tuilagi to Saracens!

Post by h's dad »

voice of the crumbie wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:I take issue with the fact that Manu is a world class player, He might have been 3 years ago, but his game never developed to maintain that status. All world class rugby players are world class because they develop a good rugby brain. They are quick to assess situations and make instant decisions, the majority of which have to be correct. To me Manu always had a one track mind, always break the gain line, as we all know even the very best players are lucky to do this 30% of the time.
With the greatest of respect Noddy I am inclined to trust the opinions of those who have played at the highest level. For example those expressed here:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Rugby ... story.html

To quote from the article "Jonny said: "Manu is a world-class player.

"He would be a great addition to any team in the world."
A little less experienced but Henry Slade described Manu as his toughest opponent in Rugby World.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

4071 wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:I take issue with the fact that Manu is a world class player, He might have been 3 years ago, but his game never developed to maintain that status. All world class rugby players are world class because they develop a good rugby brain. They are quick to assess situations and make instant decisions, the majority of which have to be correct. To me Manu always had a one track mind, always break the gain line, as we all know even the very best players are lucky to do this 30% of the time.
Are you saying that he's a worse player than he was three years ago?
I don't think anyone is qualified to make that judgment. The only possible answer is, "We don't know".
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

YES smithy I am. To me his best performance came in the all blacks match in November 2012. Since then the road has been decidedly downhill.
Let's hope that he has used the time his injury has given him wisely to
study the world's greatest centre pairing Roberts and Davies, if he can match even 80% of their performance he will do well.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Noddy555 wrote:YES smithy I am. To me his best performance came in the all blacks match in November 2012. Since then the road has been decidedly downhill.
study the world's greatest centre pairing Roberts and Davies, if he can match even 80% of their performance he will do well.
Is it not a bit unfair asking him to match 80% of 2 players performance
darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by darganj »

Noddy555 wrote:YES smithy I am. To me his best performance came in the all blacks match in November 2012. Since then the road has been decidedly downhill.
World's greatest centre pairing?! Think Nonu/Smith or SBW/Smith or Nonu/SBW would have something to say about that.

Roberts is more of a one trick pony than Manu and Davies has had limited to negligible form since Lions 2013
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
Where to start?!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Doghashadhisday wrote:
Is it not a bit unfair asking him to match 80% of 2 players performance
I would have thought that was the minimum requirement to be called world class on this forum :smt002
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

In 1987, 3 monkeys: Milton, Swift and Kafka, were given typewriters in the hope that they would re-create Hamlet.
In 2013, one of them got an iPad and stumbled across the Tigers forum...

:smt024 :smt017 :smt043
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

L Smith wrote:
In 1987, 3 monkeys: Milton, Swift and Kafka, were given typewriters in the hope that they would re-create Hamlet.
In 2013, one of them got an iPad and stumbled across the Tigers forum...

:smt024 :smt017 :smt043
Made my day :smt002
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Manu now off to Toulouse per previous comments ??

http://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/features ... a-dilemma/
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

tigercaspian wrote:Manu now off to Toulouse per previous comments ??

http://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/features ... a-dilemma/
That like 2 weeks old, rugby paper usually put up articles 2 weeks after there are release in there paper.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Twin Pete is going to have to sell one of his helicopters to keep Manu..

Freddie doesnt mess about where money , bigggggggggggggggggg money is concerned.!!!!!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Mesnel and Sella could run rings round these jugger-naughts! Oh for a game of guile and craft. leave the bash crash to the forwards!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"