So when is the new kit unveiled?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

AlphaWiseOwl

Re: So when is the new kit unveiled?

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

Yes IGV - that was my point. If you want a say, join the Club. Your idea of a reverse colouring would work for me and surely that would be non-dayglo, i.e. not lurid green or bright orange. It would probably not be sufficiently different to qualify as an away shirt or produce enough sales though and as we all know, that is at the root of any new shirt design.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

AlphaWiseOwl wrote:I like the idea of a vote although probably the only way to keep it "legal" and avoid being hijacked by fans from other clubs would be to restrict the vote to season ticket holders and members. They would be required to enter their reference number and name, just as you have to for ticket purchases on-line, before the voting options are offered. Not difficult to do, it works well for priority ticket sales and season ticket renewals. Whether the club would have the courage to do that though is another matter. That said, they could save themselves time and trouble by doing what they know we all want and that is approving a red, white and green hooped design for home games and a non dayglo colour like the Caterpillar light blue for away games. Don't really see why we need a European shirt either because we would just wear our home or away design with different badges. Then again, I forgot, we need another one just to make more money - silly me :smt003
This is what I had in mind, would also make it worthwhile being a member for those of us who can't get a season ticket because of other priorities and young children.
highland warrior

Post by highland warrior »

I was at the Tigers Shop last Friday. Shop assistant advised that new HOME shirt arrives August 1st. No news on AWAY shirt. Also confirmed that Kooga are the supplier.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Apparently the guys are back at O.P and sporting a nice new red training range :smt023

Fingers crossed for that classic red change shirt with the white and green bands around the arms.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

As being modeled by the ground staff.

https://www.facebook.com/leicestertiger ... =1&theater
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

As long as it's better than Glaws' first foray into the world of the X-Blades design team! Ohhhh dear.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Oh Christ, that is terrible!

http://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/36 ... 7b7pMrC.97

Much prefer what Kooga did last time round, got high hopes for the new kit. Please don't disappoint :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 !
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

The new Glous kit is absolutely hideous, Really hope ours looks nothing like it
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Just read it through and the shirt pictured is the 7's and academy shirt. They will be releasing a European shirt shortly followed by a change and 1st XV shirt.

4 new shirts in a season!

Reason given is that the cheery and white should be reserved for 1st XV games only as its an honour to wear it. Also give supporters more 'choice'.

Thats one hell of a marketing spin!