Hartley AGAIN

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
speedski
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:27 pm

Hartley - I can't be the only one?

Post by speedski » Sat May 23, 2015 3:44 pm

To have seen the headbutt on George, I mean even the TMO review ignored it.

It was blatant and should have been punished.

fentiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1880
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Wisbech

Re: Hartley - I can't be the only one?

Post by fentiger » Sat May 23, 2015 3:50 pm

+1, it's like they've been told he mustn't get a ban. Is it World Cup year? Old cynic here :smt002

TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1742
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:46 pm

Re: Hartley - I can't be the only one?

Post by TigerLad » Sat May 23, 2015 4:03 pm

TY is by far the better player. :smt045

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User
Posts: 14868
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Hartley - I can't be the only one?

Post by Bill W (2) » Sat May 23, 2015 4:12 pm

Let's hope the citing officer spotted it!
Still keeping the faith!

Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: Coalville

Re: Hartley - I can't be the only one?

Post by Coops » Sat May 23, 2015 4:28 pm

Hardly a headbutt guys, more handbags than anything. Led with his shoulder to wind George up.

sapajo
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4534
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Hartley - I can't be the only one?

Post by sapajo » Sat May 23, 2015 4:33 pm

Hartley is just like Cashton, namely a show pony wind up merchant :smt011
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity

speedski
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:27 pm

Re: Hartley - I can't be the only one?

Post by speedski » Sat May 23, 2015 4:39 pm

Coops wrote:Hardly a headbutt guys, more handbags than anything. Led with his shoulder to wind George up.
You wanna watch it again. he hit head on head on my TV here. And thats why they took exception to it

G.K
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:19 am
Location: See SatNav

Re: Hartley - I can't be the only one?

Post by G.K » Sat May 23, 2015 10:02 pm

speedski wrote:
Coops wrote:Hardly a headbutt guys, more handbags than anything. Led with his shoulder to wind George up.
You wanna watch it again. he hit head on head on my TV here. And thats why they took exception to it
He head butted your TV? Life time ban for him!
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.

Timmers
Top Cat
Top Cat
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: Hartley - I can't be the only one?

Post by Timmers » Sat May 23, 2015 10:28 pm

Commentator's were all over it..."this is my home patch and I'm boss"....and I'm going to continue to risk red cards....Stuart lancaster, take note

Iain
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8161
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:39 pm
Location: Market Harborough

Re: Hartley - I can't be the only one?

Post by Iain » Sun May 24, 2015 2:51 pm

Nah... all very much something or nothing for me. The TMO thought the same as I did. Not worth wasting time on it.

TigerCam
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3644
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Hartley - I can't be the only one?

Post by TigerCam » Sun May 24, 2015 3:29 pm

I've seen far worse at a supermarket checkout!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat

InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:39 am

Re: Hartley - I can't be the only one?

Post by InGuinnessVeritas » Mon May 25, 2015 4:59 am

There's something else I've noticed about Hartley. When he's just about to throw in at a line-out, more often than not he takes a step towards his side after the TJ has positioned him. Is this legit?

sapajo
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4534
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Hartley - I can't be the only one?

Post by sapajo » Mon May 25, 2015 9:59 am

InGuinnessVeritas wrote:There's something else I've noticed about Hartley. When he's just about to throw in at a line-out, more often than not he takes a step towards his side after the TJ has positioned him. Is this legit?
No! Very sneeky way of throwing the ball straight down your own line and making it not looking obvious. Don't blame him he is allowed to get away with it as the Ref is more obsessed with setting the gap between the teams. Hartley then takes it away by his last second side step towards his lineup of players.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2735
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:30 pm
Location: Lincoln

Re: Hartley - I can't be the only one?

Post by Hot_Charlie » Mon May 25, 2015 10:14 am

sapajo wrote:
InGuinnessVeritas wrote:There's something else I've noticed about Hartley. When he's just about to throw in at a line-out, more often than not he takes a step towards his side after the TJ has positioned him. Is this legit?
No! Very sneeky way of throwing the ball straight down your own line and making it not looking obvious. Don't blame him he is allowed to get away with it as the Ref is more obsessed with setting the gap between the teams. Hartley then takes it away by his last second side step towards his lineup of players.
Batty was doing it all afternoon too.

RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 478
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Re: Hartley - I can't be the only one?

Post by RWA » Mon May 25, 2015 11:12 am

I think a lot of people wanted to see a head butt but it wasn't. Similar to Ford's follow through on Morris when his try was disallowed....he knees him in the back...if that had been Morris' head ?
Last edited by RWA on Mon May 25, 2015 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ABClub, Bing [Bot], cheltexile, daktari, Duncan B, jgriffin, Jimmy Skitz, Leicestertinytiger, Wayne Richardson Fan Club, willowens227 and 2 guests