Tigers absolutely rubbish

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers absolutely rubbish

Post by RagingBull »

4071 wrote:The absolute faith in Mauger to turn everything around is touching, but only justifiable if he has a track record of turning dull, blunt teams full of fairly average players into lethal attacking units.

I'm sure his time at the Crusaders will offer some hope to us all, with the side that are historically the best side in the SXV competition currently languishing in mid-table....
TBF I'm Judging it on his last season with us.

He worked heavily with the Backs whilst he was injured along with Murphy the two of them were pretty much backs coach during that time.

Even when we had Backs Like Staunton playing 15 and Vesty looking like a potential England 10 It was the last time we actually looked creative IMO.

It was also the last time we had 6 backs scoring 6 or more tries in a season:

11 tries Johne Murphy
10 Scott Hamilton
8 Geordan Murphy
7 Crane
7 Flood
6 Hipkiss
6 Smith

Now do i think he will build Rome in a day no not even a season, but i think he will put the foundations in.

And from what I have heard Mauger has been calling quite a bit of the shots already for next season.

IF Cockers allows him when the season starts is another matter but as I said I think Cockers will be judge hard next season. I doubt Mauger will be pushed around considering he will view this as his main component on his CV for When he returns to NZ with no doubt eyes on a ll blacks job someimte in the future.

Biffer RE Crane he is in his last year of his contract next season (Think him and Croft have a joint testimonial) and Whilst i agree he isn't a starter i'm hoping Pearce and (Fingers crossed) a fit Fonua will prob be ahead of him although to give him his dues he has been a solid player for us.

Hoping Milne will eventually replace him.
Last edited by RagingBull on Mon May 25, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

My faith also comes from his time with us before, he had a great influence on those playing around him. There is also the fact that we have to have faith in him, he's the only cavalry coming over the horizon.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

4071 is life so bleak? I await a positive post.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Frustrates the life out of me, expecting coaches to wave a magic wand, it's called luck, little of which they have experienced this past couple of years!
Cheery chappy
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

The Boy Dave wrote:Frustrates the life out of me, expecting coaches to wave a magic wand, it's called luck, little of which they have experienced this past couple of years!
There is no magic wand and I think it will take Mauger at least 2 seasons to even get close to get us playing how he might want. These could be barren years before we come back bigger and stronger. The one thing we musnt lose is the Tigers grit and determination. With Cockers here we should keep the heart of Tigers while Mauger adds something to that.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Doghashadhisday wrote:
The Boy Dave wrote:Frustrates the life out of me, expecting coaches to wave a magic wand, it's called luck, little of which they have experienced this past couple of years!
There is no magic wand and I think it will take Mauger at least 2 seasons to even get close to get us playing how he might want. These could be barren years before we come back bigger and stronger. The one thing we musnt lose is the Tigers grit and determination. With Cockers here we should keep the heart of Tigers while Mauger adds something to that.
This is a decent point. It is quite probable that things don't go perfectly straight away. Should that be the case I hope people are patient enough not to be crying for blood this time next year.
Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave J »

I don't think Mauger will need to worry if things don't go well straight away as it will obviously be Cockers fault for interferring :smt003
A citizen of hope and glory