Tigers absolutely rubbish

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

g
Super User
Super User

Tigers absolutely rubbish

Post by g »

And don't make excuses about injuries.Come on Sarries show these Bath average players how to play rugby. That was absolute rubbish from tigers cannot score against 13 players and I don't go on what Tigers have gone through all season Tigers are just an average side.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers absolutely rubbish

Post by WhitecapTiger »

g wrote:And don't make excuses about injuries.Come on Sarries show these Bath average players how to play rugby. That was absolute rubbish from tigers cannot score against 13 players and I don't go on what Tigers have gone through all season Tigers are just an average side.
Whilst I agree with you about today's game/result, isn't it funny how you've crawled out of the woodwork so soon......
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

We did actually score against 13 players.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
g wrote:And don't make excuses about injuries.Come on Sarries show these Bath average players how to play rugby. That was absolute rubbish from tigers cannot score against 13 players and I don't go on what Tigers have gone through all season Tigers are just an average side.
Whilst I agree with you about today's game/result, isn't it funny how you've crawled out of the woodwork so soon......
+1
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Ridiculous suggestion we were rubbish. We played our absolute hearts out, but met a much better side on the day. We tried to create openings with a plank, they had the scalpel. They deserved the win - we have a lot to do, but to suggest we were rubbish is an absolutely unfair insult.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Phil B wrote:Ridiculous suggestion we were rubbish. We played our absolute hearts out, but met a much better side on the day. We tried to create openings with a plank, they had the scalpel. They deserved the win - we have a lot to do, but to suggest we were rubbish is an absolutely unfair insult.
+1, and for those suggesting anything other than the players tried their hearts out: you need to watch the game. Admittedly we still have no real cutting edge, but at least we showed up!
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Sorry don't agree we showed up. Bath actually didn't play that brilliantly or dominated just Tigers defence were rubbish today. Wouldn't say Bath were dominant and hopefully Saracens will wipe the smugness off the Bath faces. I would suggest Tigers had more of the possesion but Bath only had 8 visits and scored the tries. Just goes to show that Tigers haven't got the players to beat an average Bath side.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

an average Bath side
This just about sums you up g, what a silly comment!
Cheery chappy
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Gave it our all currently in bath ATM and you could see it on our faces we just didn't have a plan.

You say injuries are not an excuse but our we were missing our 1st choice 10, 12 and 13, our first choice lock and replacement LH and Hooker.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

The Boy Dave wrote:
an average Bath side
This just about sums you up g, what a silly comment!
Ahhh, Dave, this all part of the Cockers out brigade tactics. Whoever we lose to are always poor or average as it bolsters the campaign. Throw enough mud and some might stick. Never let facts get in the way.
darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by darganj »

RagingBull wrote:Gave it our all currently in bath ATM and you could see it on our faces we just didn't have a plan.

You say injuries are not an excuse but our we were missing our 1st choice 10, 12 and 13, our first choice lock and replacement LH and Hooker.
Manu is the only one who would have made a big difference. Owen may have kicked 2 of the goals but he wouldn't have passed to tait as well as Burns did.

Parling wouldn't made much difference, no different to Kitchener. The problem is 11-15 and the attacking structure.

Need to pick players who actually want to run with the ball. Tom youngs was the only decent carrier in the pack. Absolute joke.
TE

Post by TE »

we weren't rubbish just outsmarted

I don't very often post on her but G you are just plain wrong

Tigers played their hearts out , ok they were just not good enough on the day and were lacking ideas in attack ( hopefully rectified next season )

but to say they were rubbish just shows a lack of sporting knowledge
rugger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by rugger »

We were poor. Our execution is untidy and our approach frankly Fred karno's. It isn't without foundation that forwards decide Who (they did that) and backs by how many (they did that to). Our soft skills are just not their, we are crying out for structure in the backs. Then there is a chance that you can convert some of the chances with a scalpel rather than a bulldozer. It got embarrassing, 8 visits to the Tigers half. I dread the possession and tackles stats but I think they will flatter us and show that the modern game is as much about what you do with the ball as without it.

The game turned on 5 key areas for me. Inability and it is inability to convert pressure into any points, bad kicking day or otherwise we conceded 7 tries, from 8 visits. Crane gave away a stupid brainless and totally avoidable penalty from a high ball (try), I could run round goneva (twice, try), Morris drops high ball under minimal pressure, it is after all a premiership semi final, (try) and loamanu who otherwise looked good would not take his hands out of a ruck on the bath line and the pressure was gone.

We do not have the game to come back from this, how you perform under pressure is everything as was shown today.

Gallant, brave, gave everything yes, hard not to on a rugby pitch, but out coached, out thought and outplayed.

Too many good players are prepared to leave this club because of the style of rugby we play, that is a fact, TTTE alludes to it, I suspect others will in the off season.

Roll on the great white hope Mauger. We need something different, without it today is about as good as it gets. 7 tries to 1, semi final, say what you like but if it walks like a chicken, talks like a chicken...........
darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by darganj »

TE wrote:we weren't rubbish just outsmarted

I don't very often post on her but G you are just plain wrong

Tigers played their hearts out , ok they were just not good enough on the day and were lacking ideas in attack ( hopefully rectified next season )

but to say they were rubbish just shows a lack of sporting knowledge
I think players getting paid 6 figure salaries constantly dropping the ball is the definition of rubbish in rugby
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

"Tigers absolutely rubbish"
"average Bath side"

Yes Tigers did not defend well against a team that know how to attack and score tries. However for large parts of the game we were as good as or better than many performances this season. If we are rubbish and Bath are average where does that leave the 8 teams who did not make the playoffs?