World cup failure in leicester?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: World cup failure in leicester?

Post by Bill W (2) »

Sajerj wrote:Season ticket holders are not guaranteed a ticket for HC Quarter finals are they ?

Simple fact is Tigers were able to sell WR out twice over for a big game such was the demand. So they moved it voluntarily to Walkers stadium. Their was no obligation that i can see.

No, Bill i am not sure of the relevance of the 600 dignitaries tickets, but as always happy for you to explain why they were relevant in moving the game.
They were onligated by the regulations to ptovide some 4800 tickets to other than Tigers supporters/ Thet had a moral ooligation to provide season ticket holders and members of Tigers with Tickets. They found a way of doing this.

Good.

Did that make them any extra ££££? Probably not! As I recall they openned WR anway!

To suggest (as you did) that City (Walkers Stadium) offered Tigers ££££ to move the game is at best disengenious and at worst a downright lie!
Still keeping the faith!
arickett

Post by arickett »

Is it still the case that tigers QF in HC is the bigest crowd every at K P S because we did not lose seats to seperating fans
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Sajerj wrote:Season ticket holders are not guaranteed a ticket for HC Quarter finals are they ?

Simple fact is Tigers were able to sell WR out twice over for a big game such was the demand. So they moved it voluntarily to Walkers stadium. Their was no obligation that i can see.

No, Bill i am not sure of the relevance of the 600 dignitaries tickets, but as always happy for you to explain why they were relevant in moving the game.
Apologies, I stand corrected, there was no regulatory obligation other than the 25% for the away team.
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
If the total number of ST holders is less than 75% of capacity, then there should be no problem. However, prior to the Cat Stand being built, season tickets were in excess of 75% and some of them were re-allocated for visiting supporters. A person I know had such a ticket in the A&L Stand and he had to relinquish his seat for the match v Stade Français in April 2007.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Cagey Tiger wrote:

Apologies, I stand corrected, there was no regulatory obligation other than the 25% for the away team.
Is it definitely 25%? I'm sure Perpignan were fined for not making 15% available to Wasps.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

h's dad wrote:Is it definitely 25%? I'm sure Perpignan were fined for not making 15% available to Wasps.
Unless they've changed the numbers in the restructuring of the competition, it's 15% for the pool matches and 25% for the quarters.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

InGuinnessVeritas wrote:
h's dad wrote:Is it definitely 25%? I'm sure Perpignan were fined for not making 15% available to Wasps.
Unless they've changed the numbers in the restructuring of the competition, it's 15% for the pool matches and 25% for the quarters.
Ah, thank you.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

InGuinnessVeritas wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:
If the total number of ST holders is less than 75% of capacity, then there should be no problem. However, prior to the Cat Stand being built, season tickets were in excess of 75% and some of them were re-allocated for visiting supporters. A person I know had such a ticket in the A&L Stand and he had to relinquish his seat for the match v Stade Français in April 2007.
IIRC it all started when we played Munster at WR in the QF. Tigers had sold more than 75% of the ground capacity to ST holders, but Munster wanted the full 25%. To be able to give them this, they had to ask for some ST holders to surrender the "right" to buy their normal seat for the QF.

The next season, they sold 75% full season tickets plus 10% season tickets that excluded the HEC.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
The next season, they sold 75% full season tickets plus 10% season tickets that excluded the HEC.
I remember it well - it was actually after tickets were sold that they asked for volunteers to return their ticket. A lot of the top brass actually did so!

I was a university student at the time and while on university holidays I was employed on a temporary basis in the run up to the game preparing the stadium for the stipulations put in place to allow the game to go ahead at Welford Road.

It was a :censored: long week I can tell you!!
LessThanSte
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by LessThanSte »

Going off topic slightly (a lot), i thought that all the RWC tickets were to be sold through the RWC website? Why then are there hundreds and hundreds of tickets on Viagogo?
#48 FTW :)