Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: World cup failure in leicester?

Post by LE18 »

Northenlad

Yes I was there, the stewards were gob smacked at the rugby supporters behaviour, they had never seen it before at a soccer game, they did not know how to stop it, but I really do think that ths time things will be so much tighter, regulations wont allow it, you certainly moved from one end to the other but that was around the pitch.

No one has commented on my statistic for the width of the pitch there, its 1 metre undersize, so how did they justify choosing to go there? :smt017
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

LE18 wrote:Northenlad

Yes I was there, the stewards were gob smacked at the rugby supporters behaviour, they had never seen it before at a soccer game, they did not know how to stop it, but I really do think that ths time things will be so much tighter, regulations wont allow it, you certainly moved from one end to the other but that was around the pitch.

No one has commented on my statistic for the width of the pitch there, its 1 metre undersize, so how did they justify choosing to go there? :smt017
Is there scope to enlarge the pitch for the competition? And if so, will it be done?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Is there and will they?
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

I am going to a game at the crisp bowl, can't tell you which one because it was bought by my son and the reason for going is an extended family outing for a dozen of us, just to say we were there. This includes two 5 year olds and a six year old so really what happens and where is not so important.
My other game is at Villa Park which despite being a brummy I have never been to and it is a famous old ground.
I didn't enter the original raffle as I didn't expect to get anything I would have looked forward to.
There's two teams using the local club as a training base so I will get some atmosphere there.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

How ironic it would be if we could sell out for the friendly v Argentina and get a bigger crowd than the World Cup matches.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Stu_F wrote:How ironic it would be if we could sell out for the friendly v Argentina and get a bigger crowd than the World Cup matches.
Now that is a challenge !! But let us confirm the date v Argentina first.
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

Record crowd for Marcos's Testimonial Match? YES PLEASE!!! The man is a legend, is regarded as one of the world's best prop forwards, has renewed his contract with us without any histrionics, is staying with Leicester (unlike others), has got a great testimonial shirt with proper stripes and deserves our support. As soon as we know the date of the fixture for sure, let's begin a campaign on here, and anywhere else for that matter, to get that record crowd. Let's show the blazers at RFU just how daft it was to ignore Welford Road.
Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sajerj »

I presume that the reason both WR and Kings Power were put on the original list was because the organisers wanted to play games in Leicester. But ultimately the short comings in facilities at WR meant KP stadium was awarded the games. The developments to WR long discussed in the build up to the tournament unfortunately did not materialise.

It is going to be the most successful RWC in history, with respect to attendance and revenues. So pointing the finger at 'the blazers' for ignoring WR really misses the bigger picture of what is going to be a fantastic tournament attended by around 2.5 million people.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Sajerj wrote:I presume that the reason both WR and Kings Power were put on the original list was because the organisers wanted to play games in Leicester. But ultimately the short comings in facilities at WR meant KP stadium was awarded the games. The developments to WR long discussed in the build up to the tournament unfortunately did not materialise.

It is going to be the most successful RWC in history, with respect to attendance and revenues. So pointing the finger at 'the blazers' for ignoring WR really misses the bigger picture of what is going to be a fantastic tournament attended by around 2.5 million people.
However, this topic is not about the bigger picture, it is about attendances at the KP. Also, the greater capacity of the KP is a major factor in the decision to go there.
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

Cagey Tiger wrote: However, this topic is not about the bigger picture, it is about attendances at the KP. Also, the greater capacity of the KP is a major factor in the decision to go there.
Not if it doesn't sell out though. Empty seats at the KP vs filled seats at WR. I know which I would take. They will probably end up giving tickets away so revenue will also be down. So much for the thinking behind rejecting WR for another ground which does not meet pitch size standards.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

AlphaWiseOwl wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote: However, this topic is not about the bigger picture, it is about attendances at the KP. Also, the greater capacity of the KP is a major factor in the decision to go there.
Not if it doesn't sell out though. Empty seats at the KP vs filled seats at WR. I know which I would take. They will probably end up giving tickets away so revenue will also be down. So much for the thinking behind rejecting WR for another ground which does not meet pitch size standards.
I suspect that if the paying attendance at the KP is above 24,000, the organisers will feel justified on that count. As said before, however, I will not be there on principle.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

LE18 wrote:Yep, we aint paying that much to go to the Crisp bowl. Did you notice their pitch is still 1 metre short in width, only 67, rule requires 68, so how come? :smt017
Bet they will be policing it like a soccer match, concrete jungle, cannot move around, crowd segregation, probably no beer during games etc etc. :smt009
our pitch may only be 67 metres wide but the actual grass has another 2 or 3 metres to spare on each side of the pitch
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

And how much more are they saying you must have for ambulances etc, i thought it was 4 metres, i still think it is struggling to meet their requirements, looks like they are turning a blind eye to me?
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

LE18 wrote:And how much more are they saying you must have for ambulances etc, i thought it was 4 metres, i still think it is struggling to meet their requirements, looks like they are turning a blind eye to me?
or you are not reading what I said properly, the pitch was marked out 67 metres wide with another couple to spare either side of how the grass is already set out, no need to add any more, there is a permanent track around the outside of this with ample room for ambulances, sorry you are going to find another reason for the "woe is me" stuff over the stadium selection
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Seems to be working at the moment!