Teams: Bath v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Barf v Tigers - Payback Time?

Post by tigerburnie »

If I do go for a grape rather than the grain, I prefer a Hine or Biscuit, hard to find Dai, but I think you will be impressed if you like Remy.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Moderatorshhhh. can we pleeeeshhh get thishhhhh fred back onnnn twack! Hic! :smt030
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/main/s105/st189508.htm

I like this piece, written well and with a degree of honesty, this match could be a belter.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Really well written, very fair assessment, he should come and report for us!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Referee: JP Doyle (97th Premiership game).
Assistant Referees: Paul Dix and Ashley Rowden. TMO: Graham Hughes.

The Recreation Ground becomes the tenth different venue to host a Premiership Rugby semi-final, as Bath Rugby reach their first play-off since 2010 and are hoping to play in their first Premiership Rugby Final since 2004. Bath Rugby have won their last six Aviva Premiership rugby matches since their 6-16 defeat at Exeter on 28th February and have not won seven in a row since season 2009/10. Bath have the best home record in the tournament having attained 47 league points from their eleven encounters, with their only defeat at The Rec in the competition this season coming against table topping Northampton in round 15. Bath have played in three previous Premiership Rugby semi-finals, in successive years between 2008 and 2010, but lost them all. Bath did however beat Wasps 24-18 at Adams Park in last season’s semi-final of the Amlin Challenge Cup.
Leicester Tigers have reached the play-off stages for an 11th successive season with their only reversal in the last nine rounds of Aviva Premiership Rugby coming at Saracens in round 19. There have been 21 previous Premiership Rugby semi-final matches with only four being won by away sides: Leicester at Gloucester in 2008, London Irish at Harlequins in 2009, Saracens at Northampton in 2010 and Saints at Saracens in 2013. The East Midlander’s only reversal in a Premiership Rugby semi-final came at this stage last season at Franklin’s Gardens.
Leicester beat Bath 17-8 at Welford Road in round 12 to gain a little revenge on the 0-45 drubbing they received at The Rec in round 3. Tigers have lost on their last four visits to the Recreation Ground in Aviva Premiership Rugby whilst their only victory in their last nine visits in the competition since 2006 was 37-6 on 26th March 2011. The two sides have met in four previous semi-final encounters in all tournaments with Bath’s only win being 10-6 at Welford Road in the John Player Cup in 1986. The two Premiership Rugby semi-finals between the two were both won by the Tigers at the then Walkers Stadium in 2009 and at Welford Road a year later.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

From what I gather Mulipola is out.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

RagingBull wrote:From what I gather Mulipola is out.
i swear cockers said that burns and mulipola were going to be fit i could be wrong though. i hope to see the same starting 15 as the week before. either way it should be a cracker
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

amazing tiger wrote:
RagingBull wrote:From what I gather Mulipola is out.
i swear cockers said that burns and mulipola were going to be fit i could be wrong though. i hope to see the same starting 15 as the week before. either way it should be a cracker
Just going from what I have heard.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

How's Ant Allen getting on?
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

L Smith wrote:How's Ant Allen getting on?
Doing some DIY, so I heard :smt003
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

I would play the same side as last week except start with Ayerza. Would anyone want to tell either Thorn or Slater that they are not playing - or want either of them not to play? At the same time, in my view, both are better playing at lock with a more 'agile' player alongside them. I would be tempted to put Pearce on the bench as an impact sub (harsh on Gibson I know) and if Parling is fit, he would come back as well.

I am really looking forward to this. We are 'underdogs', but really have every chance of winning. Get to Ford early, expose the flaws of Burgess and show the same attitude of recent weeks.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

tigerburnie wrote:http://www.rugbynetwork.net/main/s105/st189508.htm

I like this piece, written well and with a degree of honesty, this match could be a belter.
Shame he he has got the last sentence wrong :smt027 :smt027
Last edited by TigerCam on Fri May 22, 2015 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
watsonjm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by watsonjm »

Spoke to him after the Saints game, said he's no where near full fitness and wont be involved this weekend.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

watsonjm wrote:
Spoke to him after the Saints game, said he's no where near full fitness and wont be involved this weekend.
I hope Cockers didn't hear him; it's against the club policy to be honest about injuries... unless, he's just bluffing... :smt017
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Teams: Bath v Tigers

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Bath Rugby team to face Leicester

15 Anthony Watson
14 Semesa Rokoduguni
13 Jonathan Joseph
12 Kyle Eastmond
11 Matt Banahan