Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Dawson 'disgusted' by Manu?

Post by jgriffin »

http://tinyurl.com/mhk4vsk
If you needed evidence that Dawson is now a total media hypocrite, here it is.
'Disgusted'? Considering what tours that he was on got up to (catalogued by Dayglo and others)?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Dawson 'disgusted' by Manu?

Post by RagingBull »

Jeremy Guscott as well
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

The mans done what he's done, the Law of the land has had it's say, not really interested in anything else really. I dare say when he does get back on the pitch, he will make up for it.
Not that I'm bragging, but haven't we done some thing of a similar vein when a hot headed yoof?(though the punch up I had with a policeman was on the pitch).
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

TB I have a brother who used to be a copper (as well as a sister who still is one) and what he got up to when younger......
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

RagingBull wrote:Jeremy Guscott as well
That's rich, considering that Guscott was once, as a car driver, involved in a fracas with a pedestrian.
"He was a car driver who lost his temper with a gentleman and he did behave in an aggressive and violent manner."

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/1999/nov/29/1

He was cleared of any charges, but reading between the lines, he didn't exactly avoid a physical confrontation.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Silly boy to get p*ssed and get into a fracas-no big deal except his high profile and the loss of his England place.. could benefit Tigers immensely....
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

Have to agree with Dawson. As much as I like Manu as a player he has to grow up and take responsibility for his actions. In the past many on this forum have criticised players from other teams for thuggery so why is it different when it's one of our own?

If the lad needs help then the club should provide it. His behaviour was totally was totally acceptable - I just hope that this is the end of it - we can't afford any more chances .
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

rocktop51 wrote:Have to agree with Dawson. As much as I like Manu as a player he has to grow up and take responsibility for his actions. In the past many on this forum have criticised players from other teams for thuggery so why is it different when it's one of our own?

If the lad needs help then the club should provide it. His behaviour was totally was totally acceptable - I just hope that this is the end of it - we can't afford any more chances .
Can we please get some perspective here:

1. Manu hicked a taxi;
2. Manu pushed a poliewoman in the chest;
3. Manu was fined 1 weeks wages.

No blood was spilt. No bones were broken. The Magistrates deemed a custodial sentence was not appropriate.
Still keeping the faith!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

No Bill, some people have no perspective and incredibly high moral horses that they have probably never come near living up to themselves - bit like most politicians.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

At least he didn't try to end another player's career by cynically breaking his elbow. If he had he'd be being lauded now instead of being thrown out of the game.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sajerj »

SCW is another one. Can't we have another Olympics and have him focus on anything but rugby for another four years.

Its very disappointing to have somebody of his stature writing Manu may have made his last appearance in an England shirt.

Assuming he recovers from injury, that is a ridiculous statement and one that SCW is fully aware to be be absurdly wide of the mark and untrue.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

It's just getting ridiculous. He's been a prat, he deserves some condemnation but my goodness there isn't half a race to be the most offended. His behaviour is inexcusable but it wasn't THAT bad.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

To quote Dawson
'He deserves everything he gets, he's got a terrible record'

Jumping off a ferry
Wearing the wrong gumshield
Punching Ashton
Making bunny ears behind the PM

Hardly terrible
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

Dawson went down in my estimation when he appeared on QOS and is even worse on Rugby tonight. He appears to just want to say something to almost wind people up..., but doesn't have the nous or 'personality' the others have.

Manu's been v stupid, he's got his punishment, Tigers will manage him, nd hopefully sort his head out, let's move on.

side note - has taken a big headache away from SL's england selection.
cheers
Rich
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Rykard wrote:Dawson went down in my estimation when he appeared on QOS and is even worse on Rugby tonight. He appears to just want to say something to almost wind people up..., but doesn't have the nous or 'personality' the others have.

Manu's been v stupid, he's got his punishment, Tigers will manage him, nd hopefully sort his head out, let's move on.

side note - has taken a big headache away from SL's england selection.
Yeh i feel the main difference between Healey and Dawson is:

Dawson says thing to wind up people but will always want to be liked hence why he doesn't usually go against the vocal majority.

Whereas Healey will say anything without giving a **** what other people think, and will happily call out all his critics esp on Twitter.