Dawson 'disgusted' by Manu?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: Dawson 'disgusted' by Manu?

Post by Iain »

...and the competition to see who can be the most offended and the most outraged rumbles on.

Level headed sensible conclusions don't sell newspapers, of course.
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

I heard Ben Cohen slamming Manu on radio Oxford this morning. As has been mentioned before, we do not know the facts, we do not know what the taxi driver did to provoke Manu. Pushing is hardly an assault when compared with what the players are involved in week in week out on the rugby pitch, certainly if Manu was being really aggressive then I doubt if the polie officers would have avided hospital treatment, even if they re highly trained in self defence etc.
Aside :There are various levels of assault.
I was charged with common assault because I allegedly shouted at a cyclist who had ridden through a red light (with both hands in his pockets) forcing me to do an emergency stop in my car to avoid crashing into him. The charge was dropped at magistrates court - Apparantly common assault is the least serious and all you have to do is make your 'victim' fear for his/her well being. It's the CPS that brings the case to court not the police anymore. Manu was an easy high prominence target and in law 'a man of means' i.e. he has an income. If he had been unemployed and claiming legal aid I very much doubt if the case would have gone to court at all. There would be no money in it for the so called 'justice' system.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

APJones wrote:I heard Ben Cohen slamming Manu on radio Oxford this morning. As has been mentioned before, we do not know the facts, we do not know what the taxi driver did to provoke Manu. Pushing is hardly an assault when compared with what the players are involved in week in week out on the rugby pitch, certainly if Manu was being really aggressive then I doubt if the polie officers would have avided hospital treatment, even if they re highly trained in self defence etc.
Aside :There are various levels of assault.
I was charged with common assault because I allegedly shouted at a cyclist who had ridden through a red light (with both hands in his pockets) forcing me to do an emergency stop in my car to avoid crashing into him. The charge was dropped at magistrates court - Apparantly common assault is the least serious and all you have to do is make your 'victim' fear for his/her well being. It's the CPS that brings the case to court not the police anymore. Manu was an easy high prominence target and in law 'a man of means' i.e. he has an income. If he had been unemployed and claiming legal aid I very much doubt if the case would have gone to court at all. There would be no money in it for the so called 'justice' system.
'allegedly'? Are you concerned about being sued by yourself?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Farmboy

Post by Farmboy »

Yet Cohen wants Steffon to play while under investigation for assault with his defence being too drunk too remember
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

@ H's dad infront of his pc
the cyclist alleged that I had shouted thus putting him in fear for his safety.
When the police turned up they said if I had run him over, legally I had right of way and he was breaking the law and therefore would not have had a leg to stand on. For some reason the cyclist was not charged with dangerous driving (4000 were charged in London for jumping red lights in 2014 and had to pay fines) Oh yes I remember, the cyclist was unemployed (never been employed and was probably riding a stolen bicycle (the police at the scene told me that as he was 'known' to them)and already receiving legal aid for other offences. So because there was no money in it for the 'justice' system the CPS did not charge him.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

APJones wrote:@ H's dad infront of his pc
the cyclist alleged that I had shouted thus putting him in fear for his safety.
When the police turned up they said if I had run him over, legally I had right of way and he was breaking the law and therefore would not have had a leg to stand on. For some reason the cyclist was not charged with dangerous driving (4000 were charged in London for jumping red lights in 2014 and had to pay fines) Oh yes I remember, the cyclist was unemployed (never been employed and was probably riding a stolen bicycle (the police at the scene told me that as he was 'known' to them)and already receiving legal aid for other offences. So because there was no money in it for the 'justice' system the CPS did not charge him.
I'm none the wiser as to whether you actually shouted, although who wouldn't? It does sound as if the police were hinting that next time they'd appreciate it if you'd actually run him over.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

The "assault" sounds pretty feeble, however I guess he could have been charged with resisting arrest!

Sounds like silly drunken behaviour - let himself and the club down but hardly crime of the century.
Less ale and more brain in future.
Last edited by mol2 on Fri May 22, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

mol2 wrote:The "assault" sounds pretty feeble, however I guess he could have been charged with resisting arrest!

Sounds like silly drunken behaviour - let himself and the club down but hardly crime of the century.
Les ale and more brain in future.

But he wasn't charged with resisting arrest!

Or even being drunk and disorderly.

He was charged with a (relatively) minor offence and fined 1 weeks salary.

I am sure SLancaster and those in the media who have leapt onto the moral high ground will bear in mind they have a long way to fall!

Hardly a dastardly, heinous and terrible crime?
Still keeping the faith!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Bill W (2) wrote:
mol2 wrote:The "assault" sounds pretty feeble, however I guess he could have been charged with resisting arrest!

Les ale and more brain in future.

But he wasn't charged with resisting arrest!

Or even being drunk and disorderly.

He was charged with a (relatively) minor offence and fined 1 weeks salary.

I am sure SLancaster and those in the media who have leapt onto the moral high ground will bear in mind they have a long way to fall!

Hardly a dastardly, heinous and terrible crime?
The fine was for risking his groin by kicking the wing mirror :smt002
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

mikefro wrote:Manu will never never play for Leicester Tigers again.

Nor will Mauger (or Major) and his entourage take up his post at this club next season.

Sorry, just being cinical.
WUM? Although this is too poor even for that.