Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Post by Iain »

But it looks like it isn't through injury. News beginning to break on Twitter that he's pleaded guilty to assaulting a police officer and as such will miss the World Cup.

Be careful of speculating too much though...
Tigerbeat

Re: Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

WOW did not see that coming.............

On the other hand it makes me think back to my previous point regarding his rehab that he just doesn't take his Rugby career seriously enough..but that is just speculation

Must say I am pretty gutted about this :smt011 :smt009
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Even if it is true, this can only be good for the Tigers. England IMHO will not get out of the group anyway, so it would be a waste playing him, and Tigers could really do with him playing.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Pellsey wrote:Even if it is true, this can only be good for the Tigers. England IMHO will not get out of the group anyway, so it would be a waste playing him, and Tigers could really do with him playing.
what did you hope to achieve with this post?
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Pellsey wrote:Even if it is true, this can only be good for the Tigers. England IMHO will not get out of the group anyway, so it would be a waste playing him, and Tigers could really do with him playing.
How can our star player pleading guilty to assaulting a police officer be a good thing? He's not just going to miss the WC, he will be banned for a long time and this will be used to tarnish him and this club for years to come. This is awful news.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

The RFU and the club will release a statement at 4.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Sorry if I sound like a miserable git, but I am only thinking of Tigers. It might even help Manu long term to have some club rugby before going back to internationals. I am not a great fan of Slancaster, and IMHO cannot see England doing well, and I would therefore prefer Manu to be playing for the Tigers.

Him pleading guilty to assualting a Police offer is definitely not a good thing, in any shape or form. I am thinking of him as a rugby player and him playing for the Tigers.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Pellsey wrote:Sorry if I sound like a miserable git, but I am only thinking of Tigers. It might even help Manu long term to have some club rugby before going back to internationals. I am not a great fan of Slancaster, and IMHO cannot see England doing well, and I would therefore prefer Manu to be playing for the Tigers.

Him pleading guilty to assualting a Police offer is definitely not a good thing, in any shape or form. I am thinking of him as a rugby player and him playing for the Tigers.
I'm sure a criminal record and a huge media storm and abuse are really going to help Manu focus on his rugby. :smt011
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Pellsey wrote:Sorry if I sound like a miserable git, but I am only thinking of Tigers. It might even help Manu long term to have some club rugby before going back to internationals. I am not a great fan of Slancaster, and IMHO cannot see England doing well, and I would therefore prefer Manu to be playing for the Tigers.

Do you think a possible custodial sentence will help us then?

What a ridiculous point of view you've taken in this thread.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

If this puts the kibosh on his England career, why wouldn't he just go to France or Japan? That wouldn't be good for Tigers.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Manu Tuilagi fined £5,500 for two counts of assaulting a police office, assault by beating, and causing criminal damage, CPS confirms
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Press Conference on Sky Sports News HQ coming up now. Manu present.
bendalloway

Post by bendalloway »

http://www.englandrugby.com/news/tuilag ... cup-squad/

15 May 2015, 03:57 PM

•Manu Tuilagi convicted on three charges of assault and one of criminal damage
•Tuilagi will not be considered for selection until January 2016

England Rugby and Leicester Tigers have taken action against Manu Tuilagi following his conviction on three charges of assault and one of criminal damage.

Tuilagi pleaded guilty at Leicester Magistrates this week and was ordered to pay the court a total of £6,205 in fines, compensation, charges and costs.

England Head Coach Stuart Lancaster has spoken to Tuilagi and informed him that, in the light of his conduct and subsequent conviction, he will not be considered for selection for England's Elite Playing Squads until January 2016.

“As role models and ambassadors for the game, the highest standards of behaviour are expected from every England player both on and off the field," said Lancster.

"Having spoken to Manu, he understands and accepts both the seriousness of the offences to which he has pleaded guilty and the consequences of his behaviour to his club, country and the game as a whole.

"England will continue to liaise with Leicester Tigers and have every confidence that the club will continue to support Manu in the right way.”

Leicester Tigers Director of Rugby Richard Cockerill said: “Manu knows and accepts his responsibilities and has received a significant punishment in being excluded from the England squad and the club will also take internal disciplinary action.

"While we do not in any way condone his actions in this case, Manu is a young man who has grown up in the public eye and he is a good professional in a top-level environment.

"He always gives his time very generously to supporters, particularly young ones, wherever he goes, and fully understands the role that the fans have played in his career.

"We will continue to work closely with him on his return to full fitness and look forward to his return to the field in due course.”

Manu Tuilagi said: “I take full responsibility for my actions and unreservedly apologise to all those involved in the incident, Leicester Tigers and England.

"It is something I deeply regret and I totally accept the sentence given by the court. The club and Stuart have been very supportive and I understand their sanctions too.

"I know, as an England player, the need to conduct myself as a good role model for the game. I am very disappointed because my actions have let so many people down and I can only hope for a future chance to prove myself again.”
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Appalled doesn't even cover it - so deeply ashamed right now and I hope the club takes a strong line of action.