Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Post by Pellsey »

He will continue to play for Tigers when he is fit and his ban from the Tigers is over and will play for England again next year. My point was that it could have been a risk anyway to play him in September for no real gain. England will not get past the group stages anyway IMHO.

I never in any form said that I condone what he did, because as of now we do not know exactly.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

This has totally ruined my weekend :smt022

Hoping Daly will get in because if Burrell is in the 23 for the opening game against Fiji then I may not go :smt010
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

:smt009 , There is no real excuse for his actions but I can only imagine this is probably the result of frustration around his injury, it's bad for manu, the club and England
bendalloway

Post by bendalloway »

Reading between the lines in Cockers statement I wouldn't be surprised if Tigers don't ban him for any time next season.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

We don't know the context of the situation but make no mistake, this quite rightly won't be forgotten. The media are going to jump on this and keep using it for the rest of his career. He's tarnished not just himself, but the whole club, England and the sport. I hope the club severely punish him. He could have been a star at a WC which will thrust the sport into the limelight in this country. What has he done...
Johndudey
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Johndudey »

Can't quite believe it myself!!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Just whe we thought this wretched season could not get any worse Manu has trumped it. He seriously needs urgent professional help, absolutely no excuses for his actions. I suspect his lay off is a contributing factor he clearly needs to be back playing ASAP.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

sapajo wrote:Just whe we thought this wretched season could not get any worse Manu has trumped it. He seriously needs urgent professional help, absolutely no excuses for his actions. I suspect his lay off is a contributing factor he clearly needs to be back playing ASAP.
Oh it could get worse. I imagine a loss at home to Northamptons B team to kick us out of the playoffs wouldn't be great.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

kpj tiger wrote::smt009 , There is no real excuse for his actions but I can only imagine this is probably the result of frustration around his injury, it's bad for manu, the club and England
Have you ever seen the Tuilagi boys on a night out? I'd suspect the issue was rather an all together more liquid one.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

TigerLad wrote:
sapajo wrote:Just whe we thought this wretched season could not get any worse Manu has trumped it. He seriously needs urgent professional help, absolutely no excuses for his actions. I suspect his lay off is a contributing factor he clearly needs to be back playing ASAP.
Oh it could get worse. I imagine a loss at home to Northamptons B team to kick us out of the playoffs wouldn't be great.

Banned expletives to that :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
covrich

Post by covrich »

Bitterly Bitterly disappointed :smt022

World class player now tainted his career
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Iain wrote:
kpj tiger wrote::smt009 , There is no real excuse for his actions but I can only imagine this is probably the result of frustration around his injury, it's bad for manu, the club and England
Have you ever seen the Tuilagi boys on a night out? I'd suspect the issue was rather an all together more liquid one.
Definitely along the right lines. Shame on Manu.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

What an absolute prat! I was oh so buoyed for this weekend and that has dampened it down a wedge!! Was Ashton on the receiving end again? Mind you that would be classed as criminal damage tho'?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Dreadful, when did this happen?
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Disaster doesn't even cover it.

What a very very silly boy.