Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Post by fentiger »

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Happy 24th birthday Manu - just do not go out celebrating with your brothers tonight, and keep away from the Police HQ. !!
I suggest you stay at the training ground.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Isambard wrote:
G.K wrote:
Isambard wrote:Much of the responsibility is with the club. There are so many players with lengthy injuries. They need to be occupied in a useful way and as they are employed by the club then that is club responsibility.
Sorry but no it isn't the club's responsibility to chaperone players 24 hours a day, each individual is responsible for their own actions.
I didn't mention 24/7 chaperoning. I said that the club have a responsibility to give purpose and occupation to their injured players. Injury is such a large aspect of life now that doing some club/community related work in addition to rehab and restricted training is essential imho. Working in the shop for a day a week, going to college on a course, voluntary work in prisons, working with the homeless are all part of keeping injured players within the groove.
I can confirm that Manu has been involved in community work with clubs and schools whilst out injured, before the offence, between the offence and the trial, and since the trial.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

h's dad wrote:
Isambard wrote:
G.K wrote:<Isambard>Much of the responsibility is with the club. There are so many players with lengthy injuries. They need to be occupied in a useful way and as they are employed by the club then that is club responsibility.<>

Sorry but no it isn't the club's responsibility to chaperone players 24 hours a day, each individual is responsible for their own actions.
I didn't mention 24/7 chaperoning. I said that the club have a responsibility to give purpose and occupation to their injured players. Injury is such a large aspect of life now that doing some club/community related work in addition to rehab and restricted training is essential imho. Working in the shop for a day a week, going to college on a course, voluntary work in prisons, working with the homeless are all part of keeping injured players within the groove.
I can confirm that Manu has been involved in community work with clubs and schools whilst out injured, before the offence, between the offence and the trial, and since the trial.
Just to note that on tonight's ITV news they showed some brief footage of Manu working with disadvantaged youths.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Seems things are not getting better for Manu according to tweet below

chris jones ‏@chrisjones51 2 mins2 minutes ago

Manu Tuilagi has been slapped with a 56 day driving ban and a £1,000 fine for speeding reports the Daily Mirror
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

81 mph on the A1 2 days after his previous court appearance.