Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7440
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Post by RagingBull » Fri May 15, 2015 5:49 pm

Grabbed taxi driver's throat, Kicked wing mirror and push 2 female police officers hard in the chest.

According to BBC reporter.

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1896
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:45 am

Re: Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Post by JackFlashJonny » Fri May 15, 2015 5:50 pm

This has been posted on Twitter by Daniel Sandford of the BBC:

@BBCDanielS: Manu Tuilagi grabbed a taxi driver by the throat, kicked his wing mirror, and then pushed two female police officers hard in the chest.

Pretty horrific if true and given the source can't imagine it isn't...must say I am absolutely gutted by this all that talent and raw power and it appears he can't control himself.. :smt011

L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1750
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 6:22 pm

Re: Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Post by L Smith » Fri May 15, 2015 5:53 pm

Iain wrote:Yeah sure. Gendarmes were punched and nobody got in trouble.

You are Jay from the Inbetweeners and I claim my five pounds.
It's true: the gendarmes were at the Caravan Club...
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User
Posts: 14868
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Post by Bill W (2) » Fri May 15, 2015 5:59 pm

Some perspective:

1. Assaulting a police officer is a very serious offence;

2. Manu was not given a Custodial Sentence;

3, He was fined £6K - a weeks wages;

4. Lancaster has added to his list of "Reasons why I did not win the World Cup".
Still keeping the faith!

darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 350
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:59 pm

Re: Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Post by darganj » Fri May 15, 2015 6:04 pm

Is it me or has English sport just gone mental with all this culture and role model malarky?

Manu has undoubtedly done wrong. But just like KP in cricket, I want my best players on the pitch.

I don't see NZ banning their players for domestic abuse (Julian Savea) or other players in their team who have had alcohol problems.

Stop with all this high and mighty :censored: and pick the best players to win the games

L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1750
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 6:22 pm

Re: Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Post by L Smith » Fri May 15, 2015 6:06 pm

Bill W (2) wrote:Some perspective:

1. Assaulting a police officer is a very serious offence;

2. Manu was not given a Custodial Sentence;

3, He was fined £6K - a weeks wages;

4. Lancaster has added to his list of "Reasons why I did not win the World Cup".
This post is curiously lacking in opinion on points 1-3. In my best shrink's voice, "So how does this make you feel, Bill?" :smt002
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man

bc
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 885
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:48 am

Re: Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Post by bc » Fri May 15, 2015 6:08 pm

A disaster both personally and professionally. As well as getting himself fit he needs to focus on behaviour rehabilitation but, given that Freddie is is agent, I am not sure that he has the right support structure around him. Hopefully Tigers will be able to offer support around behaviour.

L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1750
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 6:22 pm

Re: Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Post by L Smith » Fri May 15, 2015 6:12 pm

bc wrote:A disaster both personally and professionally. As well as getting himself fit he needs to focus on behaviour rehabilitation but, given that Freddie is is agent, I am not sure that he has the right support structure around him. Hopefully Tigers will be able to offer support around behaviour.
Is it Freddie Starr? :smt003
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User
Posts: 14868
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Post by Bill W (2) » Fri May 15, 2015 6:16 pm

L Smith wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:Some perspective:

1. Assaulting a police officer is a very serious offence;

2. Manu was not given a Custodial Sentence;

3, He was fined £6K - a weeks wages;

4. Lancaster has added to his list of "Reasons why I did not win the World Cup".
This post is curiously lacking in opinion on points 1-3. In my best shrink's voice, "So how does this make you feel, Bill?" :smt002
I feel that the sentencing Magistrates did not regard the incident as particularly serious.
Still keeping the faith!

Noggs
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1461
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 11:41 am
Location: Leicestershire

Re: Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Post by Noggs » Fri May 15, 2015 6:25 pm

....stupid boy. :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!

Jimmy Skitz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1727
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:19 pm
Location: Thurnby Lodge

Re: Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Post by Jimmy Skitz » Fri May 15, 2015 6:38 pm

the fact he was convicted of assaulting a police officer but wasn't sent to jail tells me they wanted to set an example of him but that what he did to them couldn't have been that serious, I suspect this sort of thing would happen a couple of times a weekend in Leicester City Centre, with a drunkard arguing with a cabbie and police becoming involved, especially with larger powerful men and female officers.

Silly boy, take your punishment and grow up so that it doesn't happen again.

As for the role model remarks my view never changes, they are paid to play sport, raise your own damn kids, if you can't explain that they behaved badly and shouldn't be copied maybe you shouldn't be a parent

fentiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1728
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Wisbech

Re: Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Post by fentiger » Fri May 15, 2015 7:12 pm

[quote]As for the role model remarks my view never changes, they are paid to play sport, raise your own damn kids, if you can't explain that they behaved badly and shouldn't be copied maybe you shouldn't be a parent/quote]
Presume that's aimed at me? My 'kids' have been raised properly and are, indeed role models amongst their peers. Therefore that gives me the right to make my observation. Thank you.

Jimmy Skitz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1727
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:19 pm
Location: Thurnby Lodge

Re: Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Post by Jimmy Skitz » Fri May 15, 2015 7:14 pm

it wasn't aimed at anyone but my point stands

L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1750
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 6:22 pm

Re: Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Post by L Smith » Fri May 15, 2015 7:20 pm

Bill W (2) wrote:
L Smith wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:Some perspective:

1. Assaulting a police officer is a very serious offence;

2. Manu was not given a Custodial Sentence;

3, He was fined £6K - a weeks wages;

4. Lancaster has added to his list of "Reasons why I did not win the World Cup".
This post is curiously lacking in opinion on points 1-3. In my best shrink's voice, "So how does this make you feel, Bill?" :smt002
I feel that the sentencing Magistrates did not regard the incident as particularly serious.
Agreed. I'm torn on this. Stupid thing to do and he's let the club and country down. On the other hand, if I'd lived my life under the same scrutiny...
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man

fentiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1728
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Wisbech

Re: Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Post by fentiger » Fri May 15, 2015 7:21 pm

Jimmy Skitz wrote:it wasn't aimed at anyone but my point stands
OK, no probs. Must be getting paranoid :smt009

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Tiger_in_Birmingham and 2 guests