Armitage and Abendanon not to be included in RWC

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Armitage and Abendanon not to be included in RWC

Post by JackFlashJonny »

According to the below exceptional circumstances only count for excessive injuries...

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2588 ... 90,00.html

Must be a big blow to SA especially...
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: Armitage and Abendanon not to be included

Post by Soggypitch »

The correct decision though IMO.
Soggypitch
Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: Armitage and Abendanon not to be included

Post by Iain »

Soggypitch wrote:The correct decision though IMO.
This. Including them would open up a can of worms that would not end well for anyone.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: Armitage and Abendanon not to be included in RWC

Post by Noddy555 »

This Stupid RFU decision which robs England of two of its finest players means that we will have no chance of winning the world cup this year. I know that 2 players don't make a team but to exclude them just because they play for French teams is ludicrous, shallow minded, definitely chauvinistic and most definitely
tars the RFU with racial discrimination (against anything other than UK teams). If both players were to take the RFU to the European court of Justice on these grounds although they might lose their case, it would almost deservedly cost the RFU millions to defend it. When will we be finally rid of these stuffed shirts that run our game at the top level.
They cost us the 1991 world cup by picking Mike Teague at No. 8 in preference to our own Dean Richards. The whole thing makes me heartily sick.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Noddy555 wrote:This Stupid RFU decision which robs England of two of its finest players means that we will have no chance of winning the world cup this year. I know that 2 just because they play for French teams is ludicrous, shallow minded, definitely chauvinistic and most definitely
tars the RFU with racial discrimination (against anything other than UK teams). If both players were to take the RFU to the European court of Justice on these grounds although they might lose their case, it would almost deservedly cost the RFU millions to defend it. When will we be finally rid of these stuffed shirts that run our game at the top level.
They cost us the 1991 world cup by picking Mike Teague at No. 8 in preference to our own Dean Richards. The whole thing makes me heartily sick.
Good Lord. I don't know where to start with this post.

I think "racial discrimination" is my favourite bit of sensationalist nonsense in sea of point missing wrapped up in one post.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Iain you are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that England have any chance of winning the world cup this year.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Noddy555 wrote:Iain you are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that England have any chance of winning the world cup this year.
And you are being sensationalist if you think they have no chance because two players with a handful of caps between them a few years ago aren't going to be available.

England have played some good stuff over the last 12 months. Some problems I grant you, but with home advantage there is no reason why it can't happen.

But this isn't the point. You seem to be quite good at missing the point.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Noddy555 wrote:This Stupid RFU decision which robs England of two of its finest players means that we will have no chance of winning the world cup this year. I know that 2 players don't make a team but to exclude them just because they play for French teams is ludicrous, shallow minded, definitely chauvinistic and most definitely
Priceless. I couldn't have done a better job if I was trying to parody you, Noddy. You have brightened up my day.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

When we get knocked out in the quarter or if by a stroke of luck the semi finals, I expect you'll serve up some other excuse, and the only reason that Abendanon has played so few internationals was that he didn't go to the right school or play for a London club. The only serious rival he's ever had for the No. 15 shirt is Mike Brown.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I've heard Noddy can't find the point on a dart :smt003 but you don't half make me chuckle old chap..

Anyway I personally think it is a good thing...Anyone who thinks otherwise is very deluded or happy to see all our best players playing in France..

Tuilagi at Racing
B.Youngs at Toulon
Cole at Clermont
Crane at Narbonne :smt002

These are all likely if those floodgates are opened...

Where as like Iain says two players with a handful of caps aren't going to lose us a world cup..
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Noddy555 wrote:This Stupid RFU decision which robs England of two of its finest players means that we will have no chance of winning the world cup this year. I know that 2 players don't make a team but to exclude them just because they play for French teams is ludicrous, shallow minded, definitely chauvinistic and most definitely
Disagree with practically the whole of this post, but we are all entitled to our opinions, Noddy included. Re Abendanon, I thought that the ECC final showed exactly why opinion is so divided about him. He had a hand in 4 tries, 2 for each side. With his short chip just before half time, when he could have kicked it out, he gave Toulon a try which gave them confidence. Then in the second half, a very similar move got him a try. To me, he hasn't changed a great deal since he last played for England. Yes he can be brilliant, but he can also drop a clanger, and at full back, it will often cost 5/7 points. I can see why England don't pick him and given the alternatives I go along with them.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Doesn't matter where players play JFJ its their standard of play that matters. Of course we would like the best players to play for English clubs, but WE DON'T PAY THE WAGES. if You were an engineer and had to move abroad to earn a top salary to match your skills, most people wouldn't think twice about it.
Last edited by Noddy555 on Thu May 14, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Noddy555 wrote:Iain you are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that England have any chance of winning the world cup this year.

Ahhh. The old doom mongers response to anybody who disagrees with them. Struggling to win the argument so insult the person who disagrees.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

For your Moniker cagey that was not a very cagey post, my riposte is he who laughs last etc.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Noddy555 wrote:Doesn't matter where players play JFJ its their standard of play that matters. Of course we would like the best players to play for English clubs, but WE DON'T PAY THE WAGES. if You were an engineer and had to move abroad to earn a top salary to match your skills, most people wouldn't think twice about it.
Do you support Leicester Tigers? :smt017 They are a club in England.... :smt003