Tigers v Saints

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saints

Post by ellis9 »

I think it will be a mix up of the strongest 15 with 4 or 5 backup players included. I also think Dylan Hartley won't play, just so he won't be able to lose his head and get carded and banned
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Hot_Charlie wrote:JP or Barnes please. Latter unlikely I suspect, and JP did the FG match.
Barnes did both games for a couple of seasons if memory serves so I don't think that is too much of a guide. I just hope that whoever does it doesn't spoil the game as we've seen a few times this season. I wonder of Dullard will manage to get a full game in this time?
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I would be happy with JP Doyle
+1

I think Ellis makes an interesting point… why risk Hartley at this stage in the season…?
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

A real dilemma for Saints. They have got to send something resembling a first string side down or they will risk facing criticism from the likes of Exeter for fielding a weakened side. I half feel sorry for the sides below us. The best team so far this season left to play the team they need beaten and the best team probably won't turn up!! I'd be gutted were we in Exeters position and needed Saints to beat someone to sneak us in. Yet put ourselves in the Saints position and would we risk our most important players? Either way, I just hope we thump them.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Could see a saints team being like

1) Corbs, 2) Heywood, 3) Denman
4) Day, 5) Manoa
6) Wood, 7) Fisher 8) Dickinson
9) Dickson, 10) Oliver
12) Pisi, 13) Stephenson
11) Pisi, 14) Elliot, 15) Tuala
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

TigerCam wrote:I am just wondering how big my hangover is going to be on Sunday morning after the Tigers secure their trip to FG :smt030 :smt030 :smt030
Tigers won't be playing at FG any time soon, bar an Exeter collapse at home on Saturday - most unlikely.

Enjoy the trip to the Rec.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Let us pray that not only the team turn up but for once the crowd to too - including the people who normally complain their neighbors are clapping too loudly!!
Pinot Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Pinot Tiger »

This is how it works:
Tigers win (bonus point or not) and we will finish 3rd and play Bath away.
If we draw without getting four tries and both Exeter and Sarries win, we finish 5th.
If we draw without getting four tries and one of the above loses (most likely Exeter V Sale) then we finish 4th and play Saints away.
If we draw and get four try bonus point, we need one of the others to lose or draw. We will then finish 4th and away to Saints, as both teams will have bigger points differences.
We we lose then we need either one to lose to finish 4th. If both lose we finish 3rd (unlikely)
If we lose and both Exeter and Sarries win, then we finish 5th and have a summer off!
Phew! Got it?
Last edited by Pinot Tiger on Wed May 13, 2015 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
To Toulouse and beyond...
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

I'd like Barnes to ref and Hartley to play please.
Red card , sir ? That'll do nicely.......!
Would be very surprised if Saints to start a full strength side: they have nothing to gain by this and lots to lose.
Sorry I can't be there now as have to work..............enjoy yourselves!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Matthew Carley is sir on Saturday
http://www.premiershiprugby.com/mobile/ ... /35873.php
Wiggles worth is an assistant so Hartley can throw into the line outs at 45 degrees for at least 40 minutes!
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Tomvarndell wrote:A real dilemma for Saints. They have got to send something resembling a first string side down or they will risk facing criticism from the likes of Exeter for fielding a weakened side. I half feel sorry for the sides below us. The best team so far this season left to play the team they need beaten and the best team probably won't turn up!! I'd be gutted were we in Exeters position and needed Saints to beat someone to sneak us in. Yet put ourselves in the Saints position and would we risk our most important players? Either way, I just hope we thump them.
Yes but you could argue that there has been a conspiracy against the Tigers so far as you expected Sarries to win against Exeter, Exeter to beat Wasps and Saints to have beaten Exeter but they have all contrived to try and keep Exeter and Wasps in the hunt and put us out by now. It is only Tigers cussedness that has kept us in it. Given that the whole world including some our own fans are against us Exeter would have no grounds to be aggrieved
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

We must hoe that apart from our long term injured absentees, you know Manu,Allen etc that our best 23 players are the squad for the Saints Match. my 23 would be.
Morris, Thompstone, Tait, Catchpole, Goneva, B Youngs, Burns,

Ayerza, T Youngs, Cole, Slater, Kitchener, Gibson, Salvi, Crane.

Subsa, Ghiraldini, Balmain. Mullipola, Parling, Pearce, Harrison, Bell
and Scully if he's still with us.
Last edited by Noddy555 on Wed May 13, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

One option for Jim Mallinder is to start 4-5 players who are regular bench players e.g. Alex Waller and tell them to go out and stake a claim for a starting place in the semi and have the no. 1 choice on the bench. IMHO it would put some very good players on the pitch with huge motivation, rest some of the top players and signal to everyone that their place for the semi is not guaranteed.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Cagey Tiger wrote:One option for Jim Mallinder is to start 4-5 players who are regular bench players e.g. Alex Waller and tell them to go out and stake a claim for a starting place in the semi and have the no. 1 choice on the bench. IMHO it would put some very good players on the pitch with huge motivation, rest some of the top players and signal to everyone that their place for the semi is not guaranteed.
I suspect that's what he'll do.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

MrPartridge wrote:
I would be happy with JP Doyle
+1

I think Ellis makes an interesting point… why risk Hartley at this stage in the season…?
Because if playing him constitutes a risk, why play him ever?!
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man