Saracens v Exeter

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Saracens v Exeter

Post by biffer »

Can't trust Sarries to do anything right. Saints will be right IP for next week so they don't have to play UA in the semis
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

biffer wrote:Can't trust Sarries to do anything right. Saints will be right IP for next week so they don't have to play UA in the semis
Sorry but what? IP and UA? :smt017
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

ellis9 wrote:
biffer wrote:Can't trust Sarries to do anything right. Saints will be right IP for next week so they don't have to play UA in the semis
Guessing,"up" & "us".
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Realistically, Sarries are going to get 5 points.

I expect Exeter to win too.

That means that a Tigers win of any sort would put us in 3rd place and avoiding Saints until the Final.

I feel that Saints may save a few of there frontline players from risk of injury for the semi. Bragging rights or not, the Champions will have the bigger rights.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

I would be happier if we finished 4th as a trip to FG I think would be "easier" than a trip to The Rec.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Nailsworthstiger wrote:I would be happier if we finished 4th as a trip to FG I think would be "easier" than a trip to The Rec.
Have to pray that Sale beat Exeter and a Tigers loss is the only way this could happen!!

Prefer the win and then back in the road!!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

Agree Tigerbeat, I wouldn't want to leave it to chance... but just saying. We have a better record at FG than The Rec
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

L Smith wrote:
ellis9 wrote:
Guessing,"up" & "us".
Aye. Predictive text!!
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

biffer wrote:Can't trust Sarries to do anything right. Saints will be right up for next week so they don't have to play us in the semis
Not so sure. If they could knock us out by beating us next week then they might be more up for it and see next week as an opportunity to take out a big rival, but the fact that they would also need other results to go against us might tip the balance. With top spot secured, I think they'll be more interested in resting players prior to the semis and will field an understrength side.

I did think going full strength against Welsh was an odd call - they could have rotated heavily and still secured the BP win, leaving them top spot and with key players rested for a week. That would have seen them able to treat the last match as a chance to take us out of the equation, but still be safe in the knowledge that they have 1st place tied up.

I'm not sure they will see it the same way now, and with a shallow squad in places (they can't really afford to lose the likes of Myler, Day, Manoa or another winger for example) they will probably rotate against us and give us a great chance to secure the win at WR.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

4071 wrote:
biffer wrote:Can't trust Sarries to do anything right. Saints will be right up for next week so they don't have to play us in the semis
Not so sure. If they could knock us out by beating us next week then they might be more up for it and see next week as an opportunity to take out a big rival, but the fact that they would also need other results to go against us might tip the balance. With top spot secured, I think they'll be more interested in resting players prior to the semis and will field an understrength side.

I did think going full strength against Welsh was an odd call - they could have rotated heavily and still secured the BP win, leaving them top spot and with key players rested for a week. That would have seen them able to treat the last match as a chance to take us out of the equation, but still be safe in the knowledge that they have 1st place tied up.

I'm not sure they will see it the same way now, and with a shallow squad in places (they can't really afford to lose the likes of Myler, Day, Manoa or another winger for example) they will probably rotate against us and give us a great chance to secure the win at WR.
I agree with all that and reckon Saints will field a mixture of 1st and 2nd team players, quite rightly, why risk injuring key players in what is bound to be a FULL ON local derby?
Hartley is certain to be rested, they can't risk him having another red mist moment!!
We can win away at The Rec, if we continue with last Saturday's form and keep up the momentum against Saints on Saturday.
Who will play at 12 if Bai is banned? Is AA close to a recall? If not could it be Loamanu or possibly Bell? Tait is doing a fine job at 13.
Soggypitch
blocky_head7
Tiger Cub

Post by blocky_head7 »

I have to say I am absolutely gutted that I am required down south to be a grading examiner for potential new black belts in TaeKwon-Do. I want to be there to finally hear Welford Road with a cracking atmosphere...I am hoping for those that are going it will be as good as it was when we scored that 4th try against Ospreys in what was the Heineken Cup, or when Manu used Chris Ashton's face as a punch bag!
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Soggypitch wrote: Hartley is certain to be rested, they can't risk him having another red mist moment!!
That'd be really funny though. I'd almost accept missing out on the playoffs for him to get a red card at WR
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

blocky_head7 wrote:I have to say I am absolutely gutted that I am required down south to be a grading examiner for potential new black belts in TaeKwon-Do. I want to be there to finally hear Welford Road with a cracking atmosphere...I am hoping for those that are going it will be as good as it was when we scored that 4th try against Ospreys in what was the Heineken Cup, or when Manu used Chris Ashton's face as a punch bag!
I'm sure you can examine remotely from a pub showing BT Sports?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

I am calling on Voldemort to select his very best 23. It will not matter; we will win at WR.
I might be wrong but I think it was February 2007 since Saints beat us here.
Clearly, if I'm wrong, (on either the result or the date of the last WR loss), then Noddy has hacked my account!
:smt024 :smt030 :smt039
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

going to be very close but if we play like we did against wasps we should win. atleast the fate is in our hands. come on tigers!!! :smt001