Seremaia Bai - suspended for 3 weeks!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Seremaia Bai - suspended for 3 weeks!

Post by Iain »

He is a lucky boy that his team mates pulled out the stops to win in spite of his stupidity. What on Earth was he thinking? A man signed supposedly as an experienced head in the backs to provide a bit of added leadership and he goes and does something as brain dead and thuggish as that? I suspect and hope he's had a real rollicking for that. That's probably his season now too when he could have played an important role.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Seremaia Bai

Post by WhitecapTiger »

A moment of utter madness (borne of frustration maybe) which detracted from an, up to then, great performance - his drive which helped set up Goneva's try epitomised his workrate, his earlier ruck work was great in slowing down wasp's recycling.

Let's see if these no arm torpedoes that hit rucks week in week out are similarly dealt with from now on.

As an aside...does anyone know if the TMO watches the footage with TV commentary audible? Sometimes the reaction of commentators is so emotive it could (could it?) influence a decision. (Not arguing that Bai didn't deserve a red by the way - correct decision)
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

WhitecapTiger wrote:A moment of utter madness (borne of frustration maybe) which detracted from an, up to then, great performance - his drive which helped set up Goneva's try epitomised his workrate.
It nearly cost us the match and I think upto then a BP win was on the cards.
WhitecapTiger wrote:Let's see if these no arm torpedoes that hit rucks week in week out are similarly dealt with from now on.
Plenty of those on display yesterday as they were used to fell our players, Mulipola a case in point. These no arm tackles were metered out by invariably the same culprit and Barnes chose to ignore it.
WhitecapTiger wrote:As an aside...does anyone know if the TMO watches the footage with TV commentary audible? Sometimes the reaction of commentators is so emotive it could (could it?) influence a decision. (Not arguing that Bai didn't deserve a red by the way - correct decision)
Dayglo and Healey did their level best to act as the TMO and Citing Officer.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

sapajo wrote:
WhitecapTiger wrote:As an aside...does anyone know if the TMO watches the footage with TV commentary audible? Sometimes the reaction of commentators is so emotive it could (could it?) influence a decision. (Not arguing that Bai didn't deserve a red by the way - correct decision)
Dayglo and Healey did their level best to act as the TMO and Citing Officer.
Agreed, Oz more than Dayglo IMO. That's why i asked if TMO has TV audio feed.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I am fairly certain they don't have the commentary. Austin said straight out before the card was out that it was a red, as did I. There's no defending this one.

Though don't be surprised if we appeal the length of any ban, since there is pretty much nothing to lose in doing so at this stage of the season. We will probably internally suspend him for the saints game and hope for leniency.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Iain wrote:I am fairly certain they don't have the commentary. Austin said straight out before the card was out that it was a red, as did I. There's no defending this one.
Thank you Iain. Who's defending it?
Yorkshire man
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Yorkshire man »

Just a thought here, is he contracted beyond the end of the season. If he is not he may be yet another one that we never see again in a Tigers shirt.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I thought he signed a two year deal?

He was outstanding up until the point of madness. It was madness born from frustration as Barnes allowed Hughes to flop over the ball repeatedly in quick succession. Someone needed to put him in place that just wasn't the way to do it.

Agree fully on the no arm hits on Mulipola's knees.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

sam16111986 wrote:I thought he signed a two year deal?

He was outstanding up until the point of madness. It was madness born from frustration as Barnes allowed Hughes to flop over the ball repeatedly in quick succession. Someone needed to put him in place that just wasn't the way to do it.

Agree fully on the no arm hits on Mulipola's knees.
Agree entirely about Hughes. From my viewing of the ruck on the big screen believe I saw a Wasps arm interfering from the floor, something Barnes allowed them to get away with all afternoon. I'll watch the recording tonight to see if my early impression is borne out.

The no arms tackling of Muli around the ankles is dangerous and is obviously deliberate. Barnes should be ashamed (not possible I know) to have allowed it. OTY showed how to do it, bravely, in fairly targeting and so often halting Johnstone, who was completely nullified.

As for the last scrum, if the Insects' props can't take Marcos' power and go backwards, how can Barnes reasonably penalise us, beyond Barnes being incapable of reason when it comes to reffing us?
What should Marcos do,stop pushing straight?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

He had signed a 2 year deal according to French press.
Nostradamus

Post by Nostradamus »

He won't be around at the start of next season with the ban he is going to get for that hit
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

I am in no way condoning what Seremaia did and he deserved the red for the outcome rather than the intent. I dont think he went in to headbut the player which is what the red was for. He went in to clear out as a lot of players are allowed to do these days by flying in with the shoulder but got it wrong.

Before people get up on their high horse and make it sound like its the end of the world remember Hughes knee to Norths head and Vunipola head clear out of Tait.

We should be talking about the whole team's display including Bai's and giving them praise for once as people have been ready to criticise too often.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Nostradamus wrote:He won't be around at the start of next season with the ban he is going to get for that hit
No defending what he did, but wasn't a precedent set earlier in the season with B Vunipola?
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I could wile away the hours
Conferrin' with the flowers
Consultin' with the rain
And my head I'd be scratchin'
While my thoughts were busy hatchin'
If I only had a brain....
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Bai made a mistake no questions asked, his reaction after told the story, his ban should amass non more than Chris Hala'ufia who gets 5 weeks for assaulting Pearce off the ball, bloke has a history of crazy violent attacks, Bai to me looks like a bloke who will hold his hands up and say it was a mistake, Rush of blood to the head and let's move on.