Team vs Wasps

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Team vs Wasps

Post by L Smith »

Doghashadhisday wrote:If the starting team can dominate and tire Wasps I think our bench can go on to win the game. If we starve their backs of the ball then we are in with a shout. Come on Tigers
This may work if it rains. Time for us all to do a rain dance in the car park tomorrow :smt051
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

baz1664 wrote:Parling could be playing 6 in an attempt to stop the Wasps big man Ashley Johnson. From looking at the Tigers team it looks like Cockers is looking to dominate the set piece. If we keep it close for 60 minutes then I think we have a chance, the likes of Ayerza, Loamanua and Slater coming on after 60 and the introuduction of Harrison could turn the tables.
No still don't get it - I would have thought Pearce would have been the better option then, not much smaller than Parling, more mobile and has played more at 6. Is he injured?

Would have also thought that if trying to win the set piece that Parling would be a much better option running the line out?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Parling will still be running the lineout.

Re Pearce he could well be out He was injured against Welsh and he might not have fully recovered.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

This is a brutally stifling team, built for a narrow win or loss. Perhaps a couple of players being saved for Saints game, as an LBP plus a win at WR will do OK.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

jgriffin wrote:This is a brutally stifling team, built for a narrow win or loss. Perhaps a couple of players being saved for Saints game, as an LBP plus a win at WR will do OK.
Not sure how you work that out? If Wasps win tomorrow and we get a LBP that means at best we will be equal on 61. Therefore if they get a TBP on the last day and we don't (quite likely I would say) then they finish above us. And that discounts them getting a TBP against us - which agreed in a tight game they might not.

In short, that would be a very risky strategy. I suspect that is not our strategy. We should be and I believe will be going all out for a win tomorrow. It's just a case of what tactics and personnel give us that chance. Clearly try to outdo them in open play would not be a good idea. They know it, we know it. Bring it on.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Pearce injured following that hit from Halla whats his name!!!
Less is more....
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Based on those sides the Tigers will be lucky to get anything out of this game too much speed in the off-load and too quick on the outsides. Playoffs look really doubtful!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
brooksey845

Post by brooksey845 »

Surprised at the choice of Parling at 6 but think it might be a case of getting your best players and it is hugely tactical. I can see the Tigers playing an incredibly frustrating game tomorrow to try and slow down Wasps ball as much as possible at Ruck & Maul and really target the Wasps line out and really put pressure on Simpson who thrives off quick ball. The pack that is starting is still world class even with Parling at 6 and my money is him having an absolute stormer tomorrow. It might of made more sense putting Kitch at 6 as he seems to have more pace but hey im not cockers i think Parling will cover the 6's duties on defence and Kitch may play the Croft role as he is fantastic in open play/ ball in hand on attack.

Going to be less than 7 points and could go either way but keeping the faith come on you Tigers!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

My thoughts are that by starting Geoff at 6 if a lock gets injured early Parling can move to second row and Gibson come in at 6, avoiding forcing Ed Slater to play more minutes in his first match after injury than is wise.
brooksey845

Post by brooksey845 »

johnthegriff wrote:My thoughts are that by starting Geoff at 6 if a lock gets injured early Parling can move to second row and Gibson come in at 6, avoiding forcing Ed Slater to play more minutes in his first match after injury than is wise.
That is incredibly viable/ true as well!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

brooksey845 wrote:
johnthegriff wrote:My thoughts are that by starting Geoff at 6 if a lock gets injured early Parling can move to second row and Gibson come in at 6, avoiding forcing Ed Slater to play more minutes in his first match after injury than is wise.
That is incredibly viable/ true as well!
Nice to see us play Parling in the position we signed him in rather than his part time position at lock... :smt002 :smt003 :smt003
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

Exactly he came as an all rounder 6 who played a little lock
Tiger Cub

Post by 1979 »

Little concerned about the lack of pace in the back row. Perhaps Pearce is injured as I'd have thought he'd have been the obvious choice for more mobility whilst still maintaining bulk in the back row assuming that's what Cockers is trying to do by not playing Gibson at 6 as surely the most obvious choice.....or perhaps I know nothing as often suggested by my wife!! :smt003
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Knightonian wrote:Exactly he came as an all rounder 6 who played a little lock
And he went and ruined it getting capped by England and the Lions... Some people...
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Anyone notice that

Parling is parking if you replace the l with a k.......

And........

Parking rhymes with Marking.......

So that means he will be marking someone.........

Stay tuned for more info on this breaking news........