Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

h's dad
Super User
Super User

Re: Team vs Wasps

Post by h's dad »

Noggs wrote:What a fantastic game.

I have to admit that when Bai was red carded I thought is was all over as I couldn't see us maintaining the lead with 14 men for the whole of the second half let alone scoring another try. How wrong I was.

The work rate was fantastic and the impact from the bench immense. The red card and the third try decisions were both correct IMO and I thought the officials in general also had a good day.

If we play the same way next week Northampton will have a game on their hands. :smt023
I'm sure you guys are all right and I will be convinced when I see it on television.
Next week depends on whether Cockers would rather be away to Bath or Saints (or indeed, whether 4th is still in the balance).
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

A tremendous effort by the whole squad - where has that been all season??!! :smt026
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Highlights and full match available on www.premiershiprugby.com videos

Watching again and with the benefit of knowing the result you can appreciate the effort even more....mainly because there's no need to watch through fingers or to chew your fingernails to the quick!
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
LeicesterImp

Post by LeicesterImp »

Really enjoyed the trip over to the Ricoh yesterday. Brilliant performance from the whole team. I did not expect them to start so brightly but this meant Wasps were always on the back foot.
I liked aspects of the match day experience like the fan village and I thought the beer stands were organised. 4 quid was a bit pricey for a plastic cup but it did stop the messing around for change which some of the Tigers bar staff really do struggle with!
They are trying hard at Wasps and I think it will be a success but sometimes they seemed to be trying too hard and the attempts were cringey eg "here's a new chant lets practice it...."
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

Superb performance, my most enjoyable day out of the season, it almost made me forget Llanelli! I just wonder whether we can reproduce that intensity for the next 3 games.
Incidentally, Goode's 3rd pen (after Bai's dismissal) was wide. If you have it recorded, watch in slow motion.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

Great performance the work rate was fantastic!! The bench also made a great difference. Bring on next week
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Just watched the game for a second time. Where has that been all season? I wouldn't call it pretty. In fact some of it, Mr Bai was just stupid!

But it had Oooomph. It had guts, It had that inner cussedness. If we'd have lost that one, we'd have done it with balls. Not gone out with a whimper.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

I think people are getting carried away a bit. It was the same old same old. No game plan B, it was all just pick up and run into defenders and go to ground. I blame Cockers and his tactics and yet again we failed to get a bonus point. Its just not good enough. Where is the free flowing rugby? Just look at Wasps and the shed load of tries they have been scoring all season. We should be playing like them :smt003
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

It was heads up rugby, although Bai almost squandered the efforts of the first half.
And a glimpse of the Tigers spirit that we once took for granted. Perhaps the low of London W has finally produced some real soul searching.

Is all well? We beat a mid table team and played well. It might have saved Cockers from the sack but to use the cliche - One swallow doesn't make a summer.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

I think Dog is being ironic
MICKW

Post by MICKW »

Brilliant match. Best we have played all season. Enjoyed the afternoon out but it was spoilt by the so called Tigers fans who sat near me.
They were more interested in the beer, chips, Leicester City football score and going to the toilet.
I apologised to the man next to me who was a Bath fan but goes to watch the Wasps as he lives nearby. We must have stood up 20-25 times to let them out, but what was really bad was one of them used the F word on several occasions. There were a number of children sitting the otherside of these so called rugby supporters.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

I was not too impressed that when Wasps were kicking for goal, the screen showed "Respect the kicker Shhhhh" but not when Tigers kicked! No class.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Bai's hearing is tomorrow, at....... Coventry! You couldn't make it up!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »