Team vs Wasps

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Team vs Wasps

Post by WhitecapTiger »

markharbtiger wrote:Yes indeed WhiteCapTiger, I too will be cheering for the London team tomorrow...as no points for Exeter means we could not be caught for 4th place (I think). My suspicion is they will manage at least a LBP hence will make the final game of the season more spicy.
In that instance I think we'd only need a LBP at home to Stains.....if I see a Tigers team go out to secure a LBP at home to them I'll spit feathers :smt005
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

Immense! Totally immense! So proud of them. Will admit that before the game I thought a LBP was ambitious. Please may this sort of form continue! Has a forth placed team ever won the Premiership?
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Any news on Geoff Parling?
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Parling rib cartilage injury.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

beech wrote:
What's new pussycat - Wasps know now. Fantastic display apart from Bai who was a disgrace.

L Smith

Absolutely classless of Wasps to play that when Tigers ran out.
I bet someone is smiling like a cheshire cat after making a mess in the neighbours back garden!
Cheery chappy
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

:smt040
The Boy Dave wrote:
beech wrote:
What's new pussycat - Wasps know now. Fantastic display apart from Bai who was a disgrace.

L Smith

Absolutely classless of Wasps to play that when Tigers ran out.
I bet someone is smiling like a cheshire cat after making a mess in the neighbours back garden!
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
brooksey845

Post by brooksey845 »

Still speechless on a fantastic performance from the lads. Cockers emotion at the end pretty much summed up how all us supporters must of felt!
Tiger Cub

Post by 1979 »

Incredible, no less than I hoped for but didn't the boys deliver it! Massive credit deserved for the effort by the 'remaining' squad to put us in a position to compete for top 4 anyway but that was incredible....well done boys!
All over them with 15 and held our own with 14, Bai was definitely yellow as it was reckless, think he hit the shoulder not the head as described by the commentators but still reckless and in all honesty I'd have been livid if it was on one of our players so right call I suppose.
Couple of officiating gripes that I'm happy be be shouted down over but are we the only team that gets penalised for high tackles and non straight throws.....seems to me that we can be dragged down by the eyebrows and they can throw straight to the fullback from line out with no objection where as we have to throw to them and tackle below the ankles (particularly if you're Goneva, ok to tackle him round the face though!) not to receive punishment!
Thought Goneva was committed, looked awful in slow mo but if that was late Lawes would be in jail by now! In real time Goneva had his head down and launched before Joe released the ball. Sorry to see him go off (from a rugby point of view) but don't think it was citeable.....let's keep the game safe but not take the passion or enthusiasm out if it.
Anyway absolutely incredible performance from the Tigers, Exeter away, Bath at home, Wasps away and Only team to beat Toulon in the CC sitting well for top 4 in 3rd at the minute....not bad for the sh@!est team ever to grace the premiership!! :smt039 :smt005

I love Tigers #bestrugbyteamnotbought!.......#justsaying!!...........#drunk :smt035
Tiger Cub

Post by 1979 »

Cockers did look a bit distant at the end, perhaps the knockers are right he's just not engaging with the club!!!!! :smt030
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Marcharbtiger, you are psychic
"Positive thoughts lads: Let's hope there is an awesome, season defining 2nd half and we win with 14 men..."
How did you see that coming???!!!
Just got home to Aylesbury to see you have all posted all the things I was going to say except for two comments back down the canal path in The Greyhound:
1) "We did well , 14 of us against 16 of them"
and even better
2) " if I'm going to buy a Tigers season ticket, I want a heart monitor with it too!"
And one final one from my Pests pal ....."we were s***e"!
Grinsteadtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Grinsteadtiger »

Watched the game on BT can only say how bad was that!?? Passion everywhere passes caught tries scored not what Tigers are used to doing. Players getting cards high tackles going unpunished.People saying how emotional Cockerell was at the end.Looking forward to next week when things return to normality. I.e.no playoffs no Europe next year and of course Cockerill will still be there.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

From the Wasps Unoffy:
"Well there was a game that shows how far we have to go to get to top 4 quality. Fair play to Tiggers, they saved their best performance by a country mile to beat us today. And also showed exactly how to manage a game when down to 14 men.

We by comparison looked like a team with huge talent, but unaccustomed to this part of the season and all that it contains. We tried to force the game, went wide to early without deserving it, and then cut back through the centre when the Tiggers cover was already there.

I have no complaints at all about the result, I hope our lads will look at the game, and realise if we are to move forward next season then our game management and coolness under pressure will have to improve. Bath were given that lesson at Quins last year, and this year was our turn.

On a plus though, what a wonderful sight seeing our ground full to the rafters with all the Wasps flags waving."

Difficult to disagree with any of that!!
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

tigercaspian wrote:Marcharbtiger, you are psychic
"Positive thoughts lads: Let's hope there is an awesome, season defining 2nd half and we win with 14 men..."
How did you see that coming???!!!
Just got home to Aylesbury to see you have all posted all the things I was going to say except for two comments back down the canal path in The Greyhound:
1) "We did well , 14 of us against 16 of them"
and even better
2) " if I'm going to buy a Tigers season ticket, I want a heart monitor with it too!"
And one final one from my Pests pal ....."we were s***e"!
Tigercaspian - LOL! Don't think so but nice to be have what I hoped for! What a great afternoon! And this will make the game against that lot due south of us next week even more interesting :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Definitely performance of the season, whole team were outstanding, stand out was morris, tait, thorn, munipola and big Dan, Bai's red card was deserved, bloke lost his head when wasps were clearly infringing at the break down time and time again, thought burns and youngs controlled the line well and we throughly deserved the win. Have to say Barnes had a shocker, very biased towards wasps and let them get away with murder at the breakdown, beat saints next week and sets us up nicely for the play offs!!!
Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sajerj »

fentiger wrote:Parling rib cartilage injury.
He went off under the HIA rule didn't he ?