2014/15 Rumours/Contracts/Signings part 4

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: 2014/15 Rumours/Contracts/Signings part 4

Post by darganj »

Roberts is a poor signing for Quins. He will struggle to play 10 games for them next year
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Hardly a case of missing out either - it was a done deal months ago.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Stringers off to Sale for next season. There goes RB's hope of Stringer coming to us for a brief stint next season.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Hepetema is off to NZ shame we never got to really see him. I like him though he had potential. Don't know club prob Auckland IMO. Bowden connection.

Fortunately Roberts is looking very handy and we have Bryant and Thacker coming up.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

RagingBull wrote:Hepetema is off to NZ shame we never got to really see him. I like him though he had potential. Don't know club prob Auckland IMO. Bowden connection.

Fortunately Roberts is looking very handy and we have Bryant and Thacker coming up.
I agree RB really thought he could have something..no doubt he will be smashing up Super rugby in a year or two
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Tom Bristow ---> Wasps.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

RagingBull wrote:Hepetema is off to NZ shame we never got to really see him. I like him though he had potential. Don't know club prob Auckland IMO. Bowden connection.

+1 :smt023
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

In the post match interview of Ben Youngs by BBC Radio Leicester, Ben thanked some of the players who were leaving at the season and mentioned Salvi, Parling and Goneva ?? Have I missed something but is Goneva transferring to France to start his delayed contract ??
This leaves another gap in the squad - Is he now the twentieth to leave this season?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Maybe he meant Gibson?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

This seasons leavers?

Scully, Tait, Bristow, Hamilton, Gibson, Parling, Salvi, Hepetema, Mele, Briggs, Barbiere, Thorn, Deacon, Price, Peterson, Mafi, Matera

I make that 18 out, have I missed anyone? How many are already confirmed as coming in?
Last edited by sapajo on Sun May 24, 2015 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

sapajo wrote:This seasons leavers?

Scully, Tait, Bristow, Hamilton, Gibson, Parling, Salvi, Hepetema, Hooker, Mele, Briggs, Barbiere, Thorn, Deacon, Price, Peterson, Mafi, Matera

I make that 18 out, have I missed anyone? How many are already confirmed as coming in?
18 out, but really only 8 or 9 have have had any major part this season and two left before the season even began. There are a lot of locks in that list but our lock roster for next year seems reasonable (Slater/Kitchener/de Chaves/Fitzgerald - with 6s to cover). Gibson (Williams) and Salvi (O'Connor) have replacements coming in and Pearce has almost convinced that he is a viable 1st XV player. Briggs has been replaced and Betham has come in for Scully it would seem. Bristow, Hamilton and Hepetema haven't really played this season if at all. One wonder if another 9 will come in alongside Sam Harrison.

Tait is possibly the only player on that list where there is no obvious replacement coming in or up from the academy - but that said he's a versatile player who is difficult to replace like for like. (Mitigated by the eventual appearance of Camacho?)
Last edited by Hot_Charlie on Sun May 24, 2015 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="sapajo"]This seasons leavers?

Scully, Tait, Bristow, Hamilton, Gibson, Parling, Salvi, Hepetema, Hooker, Mele, Briggs, Barbiere, Thorn, Deacon, Price, Peterson, Mafi, Matera

I make that 18 out, have I missed anyone? How many are already confirmed as coming in?[/quote]

Sapajo, there's a summary on page 1 of this thread, although needs a little updating.

Of your list, I'm not sure who 'Hooker' is, and neither Mafi, nor Matera were signed for this season. Also need to add Pohe to the leavers. So at the moment I make that 16 current players leaving; and I think 7 new faces joining. There'll probably be one or two more on both sides of the equation, but there's certainly a big turnaround, and a likelihood of a leaner squad overall.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

MurphysLaw wrote:

Sapajo, there's a summary on page 1 of this thread, although needs a little updating.

Of your list, I'm not sure who 'Hooker' is, and neither Mafi, nor Matera were signed for this season. Also need to add Pohe to the leavers. So at the moment I make that 16 current players leaving; and I think 7 new faces joining. There'll probably be one or two more on both sides of the equation, but there's certainly a big turnaround, and a likelihood of a leaner squad overall.
Sorry about "Hooker" it was my jogger as I could not remember Briggs's name but failed to remove it when I remembered! I believe Mafi was still under contract at the beginning of the season and Matera was due to sign a new contract but that went pear shaped when he got injured in the Tri Nations. Thanks for your help.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

sapajo wrote:
MurphysLaw wrote:

Sorry about "Hooker" it was my jogger as I could not remember Briggs's name but failed to remove it when I remembered! I believe Mafi was still under contract at the beginning of the season and Matera was due to sign a new contract but that went pear shaped when he got injured in the Tri Nations. Thanks for your help.
16 out and 7 in, even excluding promotions from the Academy looks like a smaller squad for season. Doesn't this mean that we are more susceptible to injuries? and before we even start it seems Morris won't be fit (if it's the same ankle he broke before it was 6 months the first time).
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

sapajo wrote:
MurphysLaw wrote:

In the "Seasons leavers" include Burke & Blake coaches - ( although did not see Blake in the box yesterday) Mafi I believe left before the start of the season & was not in UK, However we still need I believe new contracts on Bell who tried hard yesterday, Catchpole, Roberts & would love to see Tait back in the squad.