Movers and shakers dilemnas

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Movers and shakers dilemnas

Post by loretta »

ourla wrote:I screwed up. It's this week.

Seems there is some availability in FL but in the middle rather than at the edge. So I am thinking it would be an improved viewing position (a lot nearer the pitch but slightly towards the tryline) but without such easy access in and out. Basically I'd have to shuffle past 7 or 8 people rather than 2 or 3. Not sure that is such a big deal. The critical thing is the view of the match I am thinking. Pondering over me coffee before making a final decision.
I know some people who have just moved from that area, but only to bring together a splintered social group. No problems with the view at all, I know this for a fact because it's where I sit!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

I have shaken and been moved :smt002
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Doghashadhisday wrote:I have shaken and been moved :smt002
Ditto, gone into the lower tier for better view, sacrificing my close to the stairwell place in the upper tier. Will report back on the success or otherwise in 6 months!

Did occur to me that it would be nice to view availability online like you can do for individual match tickets. Having to rely on the office staff to relay any options available isn't the best. Not that they aren't helpful. It would just be nice to look at the section and see the green dots for yourself.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I am in DL and like you I moved down 3 seasons ago for a better view. The view is great but trying to exit my row onto the exit staircase is painfully slow. Needless to say seats near the staircase are like rocking horse poop.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

sapajo wrote:I am in DL and like you I moved down 3 seasons ago for a better view. The view is great but trying to exit my row onto the exit staircase is painfully slow. Needless to say seats near the staircase are like rocking horse poop.
Yeah I've mentally prepared myself. That said my row is around the staircase level so might not be too bad at a push. Going to try and chill though.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

ourla wrote:
sapajo wrote:I am in DL and like you I moved down 3 seasons ago for a better view. The view is great but trying to exit my row onto the exit staircase is painfully slow. Needless to say seats near the staircase are like rocking horse poop.
Yeah I've mentally prepared myself. That said my row is around the staircase level so might not be too bad at a push. Going to try and chill though.
My row is opposite the half way line tunnel side staircase, the reason its extremely slow is because the supporters higher up get onto the staircase first and are then held in place awaiting the exit of the disabled supporters crossing the base of the staircase.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Three of us are in GL. Might look into moving into FL and a little lower if possible.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Iain wrote:Three of us are in GL. Might look into moving into FL and a little lower if possible.
No brainer really. Get the best seat in your price range.

I actually did the online chat thing to find out what was available. When I was happy they then called me and we confirmed it all on the phone. Then got a confirmation email a bit later. New cards to arrive mid-August.
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Movers and shakers dilemmas

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

I had a phone call on my mobile from 'Matt at the Tigers' earlier this afternoon. He asked if I would be interested in moving to the new stand with its comfy seats and exclusive bar. I explained I don't like being behind the posts, I currently have a season ticket on the 10m line and, since I drive to the matches, I don't drink at Welford Road.

Ten minutes later, my landline rang. I answered it and the voice said, "Hello, is xxxx (my wife) there?" I replied, "No Matt, she isn't and she doesn't want to move seats either." He seemed somewhat surprised I knew his name even though he hadn't mentioned it.

Perhaps they are having problems trying to fill the seats. Unfortunately, I forgot to ask him for a free white shirt!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Movers and shakers dilemmas

Post by Bill W (2) »

InGuinnessVeritas wrote:Perhaps they are having problems trying to fill the seats. Unfortunately, !
And I thought it was jsut me!!

:smt003
Still keeping the faith!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I don't mind sitting behind the goal. Sometimes it is interesting to watch the game from a different perspective and see running lines and gaps appearing.

I think the club have been ambitious in pricing this as a Gold seat however. If you want to sell an exclusive lounge with comfy seats then use it as corporate hospitality. That's where the big bucks are and where they sell. Ordinary fans by and large do not give a damn about exclusive lounges and comfier seats.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Iain wrote:Ordinary fans by and large do not give a damn about exclusive lounges and comfier seats.
I'd agree on the former. Not so sure on the latter. People who go to the stadium in MK often comment on the comfy seats.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

ourla wrote:
Iain wrote:Ordinary fans by and large do not give a damn about exclusive lounges and comfier seats.
I'd agree on the former. Not so sure on the latter. People who go to the stadium in MK often comment on the comfy seats.
Are you seriously telling me most of us would stump up an extra £100 or so on our season ticket for a padded seat...? I know I wouldn't. I'd be happy if my seat was comfier but it's not something I'd pay extra for. I suspect most of us agree.
Tenax

Post by Tenax »

The €5 cushion I bought in Treviso a few seasons ago still works well for me.
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

I have to say I'm hacked off by a lot of the inverted snobbery I read on here sometimes about things such as the new lounge. I have been a season ticket holder for many years and have been in every part of the ground over those years. And, shock horror! I have signed up for next season to transfer to the new Clubhouse. I work hard and, with my wife, as we are now a little more mature in years also, I have chosen to spend my spare money on a little comfort when supporting my beloved Tigers, as oppozsed to a new car, etc. This is neither corporate hospitality like the 1880 nor does it make me, in my opinion, any less of a supporter than anyone else!! :smt023