Birthday Messages

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Birthday Messages

Post by sapajo »

I rang Tigers today, to request a birthday message for my daughter on our last home game against Saints. I was told that would be fine but it will cost 15 pounds for the privilege. Tigers will be charging to use the stadium toilets next. Happy days
Last edited by sapajo on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Birthday Messages

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Wow this is bad craic...is £15 really going to make much of a difference? If it was going to charity I would understand but come on that is poor..
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

Thanks for the info, Sapajo. It's my birthday two days before the Saints match and my wife was thinking of doing the same as you. I'll tell her not to bother now.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

I must say that is pretty mean. :smt013
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

InGuinnessVeritas wrote:Thanks for the info, Sapajo. It's my birthday two days before the Saints match and my wife was thinking of doing the same as you. I'll tell her not to bother now.
Have a Happy Birthday Jon, :smt030 but how many years ago was it that Tigers sent Season ticket holders a birthday card that arrived on the day.
Nowadays you cannot even get free Tigers Car stickers but I am told Saints are handing out free ones and expect Warps to follow suit.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

There are some things that simply shouldn't be charged for and this is one such thing. It should be something that the club are happy to do on a first come first served basis. Creating bad feeling amongst the people who pay the wages for the sake of a couple of hundred quid is marketing gone mad.

If the club wishes to save money they could (by agreement) send joint correspondence to season ticket holders located at the same address. It would save the club a lot more than what they get from this stupid charge.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

sapajo wrote:I rang Tigers today, to request a birthday message for my daughter on our last home game against Saints. I was told that would be fine but it will cost 15 pounds for the privilege. Tigers will be charging to use the stadium toilets next. Happy days
So it seems there is another thing to slag the club off for. FYI this is not a new thing, the Tigers have always charged for a message to be put up. After all it is a business and someone has to pay the electric bill. A cheaper option would be to buy a card or if you want to swell the Welford Road coffers buy a gift from the shop (or maybe ask for a free gift).
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Doghashadhisday wrote:[ the Tigers have always charged for a message to be put up.
Really? I wonder do you work for Tigers? as the Ticket Office told me today that a charge has been levied for the last 5 years. Fact is as I informed them I have arranged and had said birthday message for my daughter for the last 2 consecutive years and it cost me nothing. Needless to say they could not explain this :smt017 Someone is telling porkies and it is not me :smt013

Furthermore both my wife and myself are gold season ticket holders and as such the club get enough of our money to justify a birthday message without levying any charge.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

sapajo wrote:
Doghashadhisday wrote:[ the Tigers have always charged for a message to be put up.
Really? I wonder do you work for Tigers? as the Ticket Office told me today that a charge has been levied for the last 5 years. Fact is as I informed them I have arranged and had said birthday message for my daughter for the last 2 consecutive years and it cost me nothing. Needless to say they could not explain this :smt017 Someone is telling porkies and it is not me :smt013

Furthermore both my wife and myself are gold season ticket holders and as such the club get enough of our money to justify a birthday message without levying any charge.
No I don't work for the Tigers but I have had messages put up and been charged for. It used to be £10 but obviously it's gone up if they are saying £15. Perhaps Tigers should charge you for the previous 2 years. As for being a gold season ticket holder, bully for you but it doesn't give you the right to expect anything other than stated in what is included in your ticket. You have paid to watch the Tigers play. If you want to see someone's name up in lights it seems reasonable to have to pay for the service.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Doghashadhisday wrote:
sapajo wrote:

No I don't work for the Tigers but I have had messages put up and been charged for. It used to be £10 but obviously it's gone up if they are saying £15. Perhaps Tigers should charge you for the previous 2 years. As for being a gold season ticket holder, bully for you but it doesn't give you the right to expect anything other than stated in what is included in your ticket. You have paid to watch the Tigers play. If you want to see someone's name up in lights it seems reasonable to have to pay for the service.
I agree to disagree :smt023
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Doghashadhisday wrote:
sapajo wrote:

I don't really agree that it is reasonable. All it costs is a bit of time for someone who is already doing announcements and controlling the big screens. Announcements such as birthdays make people feel good (generally) and helps with the family/community atmosphere. Charging £15 seems mean to me and is not good PR.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

I don't necessarily agree, however, with the new marquee player allowance and the Deso pitch, the cash has to come from somewhere. It's not like we're going to be holding any concerts any time soon, is it...
Expect to see a few whip rounds on the terrace next year :smt002
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Supply and Demand.

If 24000 punters want messages posted game time will have to be reduced to zero and opening and closing times moved forward and back.

So limit demand by applying a charge. At £1000 demand would likely be close to zero. £15 sounds about right (Is their birthday not worth £15)
Still keeping the faith!
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Bill W (2) wrote:Supply and Demand.

If 24000 punters want messages posted game time will have to be reduced to zero and opening and closing times moved forward and back.

So limit demand by applying a charge. At £1000 demand would likely be close to zero. £15 sounds about right (Is their birthday not worth £15)
I think you are correct in your assessment of possibly why a charge is imposed. However, given the potential income (peanuts), and given the fact that someone has already pointed out that it could be done on a "first come first served" basis,(and maybe restricted to S/T Holders) it surely confirms that it is the Monkeys who are making the decisions.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I've never put anything up on the board. I just assumed there was a charge though. Why wouldn't there be...?

Something else that people feel the need to moan about, something else to showcase the sense of entitlement people have.