Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Tait might not be off?

Post by RagingBull »

So excited I forgot about this thread.

Excellent news for him hopefully he will impress as his form @13 And 15 has been brilliant.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

Could England chance influence him to stay?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

This has been tweeted:-

gavin mortimer ‏@gavinmortimer7 39m minutes ago

A well-placed source has told me Mathew Tait won't be coming to France because he's "already negotiated a better deal to stay at Tigers."
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Brilliant if true!!!!
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

RagingBull wrote:Brilliant if true!!!!
+ 1

Everything crossed until it's confirmed. :smt023
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

That would put a smile on my face. :smt003
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

+1
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

northerntiger wrote:+1
I'm sure whoever we bring in next season we will see a faster game from Tigers, this would suit Tait, lets hope all we are hearing is true and he is still here next season
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

To quote a cricketing parlance:

'Form is temporary, but class is permanent.'

A shame we can't inject the pace he once had. However his rugby brain is as quick as it ever was.

For me he will never be the complete OC again, but as we have discovered in the last few games, a useful option if needed. But at fullback I think he is still amongst the best in the premiership, and have a feeling he will work very well with Aaron Mauger.

Excellent news if true.
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

Crumblies wrote:To quote a cricketing parlance:

'Form is temporary, but class is permanent.'

A shame we can't inject the pace he once had. However his rugby brain is as quick as it ever was.

For me he will never be the complete OC again, but as we have discovered in the last few games, a useful option if needed. But at fullback I think he is still amongst the best in the premiership, and have a feeling he will work very well with Aaron Mauger.

Excellent news if true.
+1 :smt039
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Simon Cohen said on radio Leicester last night that Tigers are hoping to retain Tait.

He doesn't have a get out clause in his contract with Bayonne however and Cohen said there are complications to resolve.

Let's hope they can be resolved and he does indeed stay!
Soggypitch
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Yeah I don't think he'll go now with Bayonne's relegation and doubtful future. If he can bulk up a bit and retain his speed, I see his future with the Tigers in a centre position with either Niall Morris or Tommy Bell at fullback.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

If we could retain Tait, then throw the 2nd marquee spot at a quality 12, someone to bring so added guile rather than brute force, I'd be very happy with how we're shaping up.
Tait, Morris and Bell is a very tidy (and versatile) contingent.

9. Youngs, Harrison.
10. Burns, Williams, Bai.
12. New signing, Allen, Roberts.
13. Manu, Loamanu, Smith, Catchpole.
11/14. Betham, Goneva, Benjamin, Thompstone. (Camacho?)
15. Tait, Morris, Bell.

Got to be happy with that. Maybe a need for another older head at 9 strictly for depth during international periods as Youngs will be with England, and in all possibility Harrison could break Saxons, and bring Tresidder and Bryant into the mix.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Manu won't be back for a long time which is why I think we are now looking at Tait as a 13 too...

I have it on good authority that Manu re-injured his groin during his fracas and won't make the RWC..which is why SL banned him because if he was able to be fit he would of gone..Plus if you look at the pictures of him at the Worcester match last night he looks more like Henry he is rather overweight..

I am worried it is a case of too much too young in both terms of Rugby played & weights done & that coupled with perhaps not looking after himself properly (that is just my opinion it may not be true) plus the Polynesian healing time means he is out for the most of 2015 I think..
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

JackFlashJonny wrote:Manu won't be back for a long time which is why I think we are now looking at Tait as a 13 too...

I have it on good authority that Manu re-injured his groin during his fracas and won't make the RWC..which is why SL banned him because if he was able to be fit he would of gone..Plus if you look at the pictures of him at the Worcester match last night he looks more like Henry he is rather overweight..

I am worried it is a case of too much too young in both terms of Rugby played & weights done & that coupled with perhaps not looking after himself properly (that is just my opinion it may not be true) plus the Polynesian healing time means he is out for the most of 2015 I think..
I too was told by someone close to Tigers, that we perhaps wont see Manu until well into 2016!I just hope this just my mate being his normal grumpy self!