Tait might not be off? Now staying!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Tait might not be off?

Post by RagingBull »

From what I have been told the club won't sanction him.

Depends on injury then.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

floridaboy wrote:
JackFlashJonny wrote:Manu won't be back for a long time which is why I think we are now looking at Tait as a 13 too...

I have it on good authority that Manu re-injured his groin during his fracas and won't make the RWC..which is why SL banned him because if he was able to be fit he would of gone..Plus if you look at the pictures of him at the Worcester match last night he looks more like Henry he is rather overweight..

I am worried it is a case of too much too young in both terms of Rugby played & weights done & that coupled with perhaps not looking after himself properly (that is just my opinion it may not be true) plus the Polynesian healing time means he is out for the most of 2015 I think..
I too was told by someone close to Tigers, that we perhaps wont see Manu until well into 2016!I just hope this just my mate being his normal grumpy self!
His name's not Noddy or Bill is it? :smt001 :smt002
Grinsteadtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Grinsteadtiger »

Agree with Jack Flash. I have been wondering for sometime what effect all of the game time, bulking up, gym work etc has on the youngsters that are coming into first class rugby these days. My youngest played for a local club and county upto the time he was injured andleft with a weak ankle. Some of the his he took as a 17 year old made me shudder (he played outside centre/wing). This was some 13 years ago. I appreciate that things have progressed emensly since then etc. I believe that Cockers had/has the correct approach to bringing on young players. Some may say that he is too cautious however he took time before he allowed Manu to enter the bear
pit of first team rugby. He was great the first season and then opponents sussed him out. Injury after injury has followed. Was it too early for his body to cope? These young guys are only in their late teens and early twenties how many are we going to see have their careers finish early? I know that alk clubs have conditioning coaches etc who should know what they and doing with these youngsters but it frightens me when I see talk of 16/17 year olds playing in top class teams. I don't care how good,fityou are being hit by someone at full pelt who is possibly three times your weight hurts. Manu is an exceptional talent just hope he and the Club have the patience to make sure he has fly recovered before he makes a comeback. I believe Cockers values the players to ensure this will happen
jonnyatom5

Post by jonnyatom5 »

I heard this but don't know if it's true, so please put the record straight ...
Simon Cohen was Tait's agent before he became CEO of Tigers. He was also Wilkinson's too.
If so, do you think this has any baring on Tait possibly staying now?
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Tait is staying according to everyone I have spoken to and it was mentioned by the commentators during the England game yesterday...

Great news :smt023
covrich

Post by covrich »

Like many I only heard commentary from The BaaBaas game so is this official? I would be delighted for us and him if he was to stay.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I'm not quite as fond of Taity as many seem to be on here. Although fair dues he's been looking pretty good in a poor back line this season. And we could sure do with some consistency with fit players next season. No doubt he will be well rested for next season also.

Don't know if it was mentioned earlier in the thread but Cohen said on the rugby hour he would definitely either be going to Bayonne or staying. He won't be going anywhere else. Though to temper that he said the contractual/legal matters weren't as straightforward as some might think. They was no release clause. Still, I see it hard to believe Bayonne will force him to go, even if they still can afford and want him.
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

ourla wrote:I'm not quite as fond of Taity as many seem to be on here. Although fair dues he's been looking pretty good in a poor back line this season. And we could sure do with some consistency with fit players next season. No doubt he will be well rested for next season also.

Don't know if it was mentioned earlier in the thread but Cohen said on the rugby hour he would definitely either be going to Bayonne or staying. He won't be going anywhere else. Though to temper that he said the contractual/legal matters weren't as straightforward as some might think. They was no release clause. Still, I see it hard to believe Bayonne will force him to go, even if they still can afford and want him.
I was told on Saturday by someone close to the club that Tait will still be a Tiger next season !
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Crumblies wrote:A shame we can't inject the pace he once had. .....

For me he will never be the complete OC again, but as we have discovered in the last few games, a useful option if needed. But at fullback I think he is still amongst the best in the premiership, and have a feeling he will work very well with Aaron Mauger. ....
Couldn't disagree more - he's played by far his best Tigers rugby in the few games he's had at 13.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Tait on the BBC Leics this morning was quoted as saying he would definitely be playing in the AP next season, but declined to name a team.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

DickyP wrote:

For me he will never be the complete OC again, but as we have discovered in the last few games, a useful option if needed. But at fullback I think he is still amongst the best in the premiership, and have a feeling he will work very well with Aaron Mauger. ....
Couldn't disagree more - he's played by far his best Tigers rugby in the few games he's had at 13.
I agree with you DickyP but you can see he is all class with dancing feet just doesn't have the acceleration or pace to get away anymore..his pace made him world class but without it he is still a very very good player and by far and away our best back this season..
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

JackFlashJonny wrote:
DickyP wrote:

I agree with you DickyP but you can see he is all class with dancing feet just doesn't have the acceleration or pace to get away anymore..his pace made him world class but without it he is still a very very good player and by far and away our best back this season..
I don't think you can say he's ever been world class. Really nice guy and a top bloke but sadly hasnt been the source of exciting I think we all hoped he would be. Someone summed it up nicely earlier, looks good in a bad backline.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Seems Tait was initially not offered a new contract! I wonder why :smt017

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leice ... story.html
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

sapajo wrote:Seems Tait was initially not offered a new contract! I wonder why :smt017

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leice ... story.html
didn't he agree to move quite early?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I think so, bit it transpires it was after he was told his Tigers contract would not be renewed.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity