The streaker

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: The streaker

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

youngtiger wrote:The stewards were rubbish ...
Agreed. The ones in front of the Cat Stand prior to kick-off are always quick enough to move people along if they hesitate or pause for a photograph but how long did it take them to appear when the streaker reached the touchline?
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Well, Mrs GS was shocked, she didn't know where to look for the best. Personally I was highly amused by the display on the big screens as he disappeared down the tunnel - 'SHHH, Kicking in progress' A bit tough, he only ran on the pitch.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Just need to treat him like any other flasher. Basically he is an exhibitionist pervert, drunk or sober.

Hopefully he will never be allowed to show his face or anything else at a sports ground ever again.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Hala'ufia. As others have said he could get a ban for flattening the flasher, the tackle on Pearce and the cheap follow up shot on a defenseless player on the round.
rich1576

Post by rich1576 »

Whether the streaker was wrong or just a bit of harmless fun, what Hala'ufia did was completely disgraceful and could have caused serious injury to the man, which on the streets could have been deemed as assault
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

rich1576 wrote:Whether the streaker was wrong or just a bit of harmless fun, what Hala'ufia did was completely disgraceful and could have caused serious injury to the man, which on the streets could have been deemed as assault
In defense of the disgraceful Halaufia, at least he attempted to wrap his arms around the streaker: unlike his synical shoulder barge on Pearce.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

GS wrote:Well, Mrs GS was shocked, she didn't know where to look for the best. Personally I was highly amused by the display on the big screens as he disappeared down the tunnel - 'SHHH, Kicking in progress' A bit tough, he only ran on the pitch.
GS, that made me smile... :smt003 ..
There is never any points for 2nd place...
MarkyH

Post by MarkyH »

Apparently the streaker had just misheard the crowd chanting 'Cockers out!'

I'm here all week...
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

MarkyH wrote:Apparently the streaker had just misheard the crowd chanting 'Cockers out!'

I'm here all week...
:smt042
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

MarkyH wrote:Apparently the streaker had just misheard the crowd chanting 'Cockers out!'

I'm here all week...
:smt023 Love it!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/londo ... 7322019329

Thats a very big hit for no reason what so ever. The streaker shouldn't of been on the pitch but halaufia is a thug, hopefully he gets a long ban for this and the incident with Pearce.
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

Tyzot wrote:Just need to treat him like any other flasher. Basically he is an exhibitionist (YEP) pervert (That's an opinion, I'd call him an idiot, attention-seeking, pathetic even, but being naked, even in public, is not inherently perverted, IMHO) drunk or sober.
kingneptuneii wrote:No so sure about calling Eminem a poet.... :smt005
kingneptuneii wrote:
:smt002
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

Hala'ufia (in this tackle) wrapped his arms, therefore it was a legitimate tackle, unlike the dangerous tackle he made later!

You enter the field of play, you expect to get tackled!

Maybe he wanted to experience what it is like being tackled by a professional rugby player nowadays? In which case he got what he wanted (deserved)!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

No sympathy with the streaker who perhaps will sober up and feel a few bruises.

History suggests that players who tackle streakers or others who invade the pitch get themselves into bother and given his later red card he's in bother already.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I wasn't at the game…

My only observation… looking at the photos from various websites… 99% of the crowd are smiling at his 'invasion of the pitch'… Not sure whether that is a reflection on the streaker or our play in the first half!?

As for the laggards… imean stewards… did any get near the invader? I'm not sure that a player should have been left to resolve the situation...
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

What probably narked Hala'ufia was that the streaker came on when a penalty kick was being lined up, which also justified the extra slap he rightly deserved.

As for those putting blame on the stewards, do you really expect a dayglo clad herd to go chasing at the drop of a hat (or trousers) and catch him? - get real! He headed for the opposite side where he was apprehended by stewards, job done.