The streaker

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: The streaker

Post by L Smith »

Norfolk & Goode wrote:What probably narked Hala'ufia was that the streaker came on when a penalty kick was being lined up, which also justified the extra slap he rightly deserved.

As for those putting blame on the stewards, do you really expect a dayglo clad herd to go chasing at the drop of a hat (or trousers) and catch him? - get real! He headed for the opposite side where he was apprehended by stewards, job done.
My friend says that Stewards are discouraged from chasing streakers at sporting events, as it draws the process out. Also, if you upload footage of stewards chasing streakers and put some benny Hill music on as a soundtrack, it looks hilarious. :smt003
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

I used to steward Test Matches at Lords. We were always briefed not to run after pitch invaders as that risked turning it into a kind of Benny Hill chase which would get the crowd on the side of the invader. Instead we were to walk slowly towards the invader and encircle them and quietly lead them off. No fuss, no spectacle, no 'WAHAY's from the crowd. Never got to put it into practice though. No surprise really given the average age of MCC members.
Surreytiger

Post by Surreytiger »

I hope both Hala'ufia and the streaker receive bans. Hala'ufia has no right to attack a member of the public.The streaker should never be allowed to attend a match at Welford Road again.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

A lot of fuss about nothing.

There have to be idiots to make the rest of us look sane :smt002
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Absolutely no criticism of the stewards, the streaker will made sure that there was no steward near when he invaded the pitch, I do not blame the Welsh eight for tackling the idiot either he did not hit him full force. The miscreant was apprehended as soon as he was clear of the pitch and hopefully will be suitably encouraged not to repeat his action.
My real complaint is that since Erica why is it that streakers always seem to be blokes?
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Let's not blame the stewards - their role is to help guide visitors to their seats and usher those leaving in the right directions not to be security guards. If we start needing that something is going badly wrong.
One pillock should not change that.
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

mol2 wrote:Let's not blame the stewards - their role is to help guide visitors to their seats and usher those leaving in the right directions not to be security guards. If we start needing that something is going badly wrong.
One pillock should not change that.
Very well put sir!
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Why are we still talking about the streaker? :smt017
kingneptuneii
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kingneptuneii »

JackFlashJonny wrote:Why are we still talking about the streaker? :smt017
beacuase its the only part of the game worth talking about!!
Never mind the ball, get on with the game!!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Surreytiger wrote:I hope both Hala'ufia and the streaker receive bans. Hala'ufia has no right to attack a member of the public.The streaker should never be allowed to attend a match at Welford Road again.
The streaker had no right to be on the pitch, he was trespassing. If someone trespassed on my property I would do something similar or more to get them out. In my view, if someone does something they shouldn't be doing then whatever happens to them, they thoroughly deserve it.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Two wrongs don't make a right!
Cheery chappy
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

The Boy Dave wrote:Two wrongs don't make a right!
Correct but the 2nd wrong wouldn't happen if the 1st wrong didn't :smt023
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Correct but the 2nd wrong wouldn't happen if the 1st wrong didn't
Indeed!
Not a situation that I would wish to tackle but it takes all sorts.
Hala'ufia seems to want to smash everything and anything, a trait that Welsh need if it possesses the intelligence to keep itself on the pitch but personally he is far from being my favourite player if I am being honest!
Cheery chappy
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Is it me , but in second picture in this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/32399028 , the aforesaid gentleman looks remarkably like Cashton ??
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Ha, the grimace! :smt042
Part of me wishes Hala'ufia hadn't done it and another is glad he did. :smt037
Cheery chappy