Arrgh!!!
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Ref for Saturday

Post by fentiger »

He used to suffer from indecision, now he just can't make his mind up........ :smt017
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Incompetence personified.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

sapajo wrote:Incompetence personified.
He speaks very highly of you :smt003
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

If the refereeing performance is even an issue for discussion on Saturday then we'll have far more to worry about than the referee.
Jose
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jose »

Agreed - European games and top of the table clashes the referee can be a worry. If we can't take Wigglesworth out of the equation vs London Welsh then we really do have issues.
Joe The Tigers Fan
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

It's bad enough him being the referee but I agree we should be able to take him out of the equation.

I only hope he doesn't have the same 2 touch judges as last time he was here. I've seen more life in Ginns and Gutteridge.

For those from out of town or unfamiliar with Leicester Ginns and Gutteridge are local undertakers.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Jose wrote:If we can't take Wigglesworth out of the equation vs London Welsh then we really do have issues.
Please, how can you take any Referee "out of the equation" ?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Please, how can you take any Referee "out of the equation" ?[/quote]

Pea extraction under a local.
Tomorrow we have Tim Wigglesworth with assistants? Nigel Carrick + Simon McConnell with TMO Grashoff.
On 15th March v Exeter LV he was attended by Nigel Carrick + Ian Tempest with TMO Grashoff.
On 10th October we suffered Tim Wigglesworth V Harlequins but unsure if any of his regulars were there too.
Planet Rugby expect us to win by 35 points !!! Hope this is bettered.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Mr Wigglesworth ,Sir ,
if you read our posts can I welcome you to Welford Road in the respectful way we should welcome all refs.
For all your knockers we require you to be fair and decisive.
So for once in your career do the fair and decisive thing.
Rest your demons. Have a good one and build your confidence.

If you do not read our posts.......OOOOMMMMGGGG its him again....
palletman

Post by palletman »

When will you learn, leave the referee alone, the game has not started yet.
You get what you deserve in life and having shots at referees is not a good idea. They are human and make mistakes and also the grapevine will be telling him that the Tigers are having a pop at you! AGAIN!
Many many months ago I posted in defence of Wayne Barnes after he was slatted off on this forum! Where did he pop up next? France V Ireland I think in the Six Nations last time around. Then following that he has refereed around the globe in lots of top games! Not bad for a bad referee according to some of you who constantly post at times rubbish comments on here!
I suspect that given a whistle and the full knowledge of the laws of the game as well, those that complain on here would not be able to handle the pressure of refereeing as well as having man management skills.
Having refereed to a high level in football over the last 30 years I can assure you that comments like posted on here do not go down well with officials should one be aware of them. No referee in any sport sets out to be biased or give decisions that go against one team or the other. Far from it as making wrong decisions makes the game stressful and difficult to handle.
LEAVE THE OFFICIALS ALONE and let the players manage him on the pitch to what ever level they can get away with!
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Football ref - nuff said .
And yes some of us have been refs for Rugby and coached and played.
I also coached competed and managed in other sports at National level.

To assume that we who may make comment and do not have the necessary man management skills is at least an arrogant assumption.

Constructive criticism of poor game control by whoever is in my case justified. Do not all competitive clubs hold post match analysis.
I am sure no offence is taken by pointing out some ones short commings.
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

I went yesterday with a degree of trepidation of how Mr Wigglesworth would officiate the match. All in all, I think my fears were justified.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

I was amazed when he blew up for a crooked feed at a scrum. Having seen some earlier ones go in at 45 degrees, it must have been really bad.

Is throwing in straight at the line out going down the same path? There were some pretty bad ones that didn't get pinged. Is this something that the assistant referees can't let the ref know about? I don't think I have ever seen one raise it. They are ideally placed.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

To be honest, Wrigglesworth could do nothing about either sides inability to hold the ball in the tackle or pass level - his problems with the scrum were exacerbated by the fact there were so many of them. This was further exacerbated by Welsh's delaying tactics - the repeated scrums at the end were so predictable I managed to call two on the trot as to what would happen next.
He was slack, but I don't think any worse than any other ref we've had. Most of the refs are guessing at the scrums, and it's not helped when your TJ/ARs don't do their job for offside defence.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.