Team V London Welsh.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Team V London Welsh.

Post by L Smith »

tigerburnie wrote:There's this misconception that we have poor back play, how many times this season have we paired two centres playing in position, rather than a winger or full back? How many times have we been able to field our first choice centres this year? We have two excellent fly halves, one of whom would be on the field and the other on the bench, if only one of them wasn't injured. We do seem to have had some very acceptable results from the team, from players playing out of position and from players who might be considered to be a fair way from first choice yet. Top 6 means our first objective of any season is reached, top 4 would be our next target, as a fan I hope we can make that with a win in Coventry and rather than slag the side and it's performance, I'll take the positive and optimistic position and support the side. Kicking them when they are down, whilst offering nothing by way of a constructive comment on how we might improve the situation in the next two games is both counter productive and futile.
At the risk of repeating myself for those who will not listen, we identified a problem in the coaching set up, the problem has been addressed. Players are leaving and new ones are coming in, is that what some regard as papering over cracks? Maybe if we shut the place down and sold it for housing you'd then be happy and have nothing to constantly whine about.
Sorry TB: I hadn't read your post before I submitted my opinions on Roly's post and the criticism of the team in general. I appear to have echoed your sentiments!
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

L Smith wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:There's this misconception that we have poor back play, how many times this season have we paired two centres playing in position, rather than a winger or full back? How many times have we been able to field our first choice centres this year? We have two excellent fly halves, one of whom would be on the field and the other on the bench, if only one of them wasn't injured. We do seem to have had some very acceptable results from the team, from players playing out of position and from players who might be considered to be a fair way from first choice yet. Top 6 means our first objective of any season is reached, top 4 would be our next target, as a fan I hope we can make that with a win in Coventry and rather than slag the side and it's performance, I'll take the positive and optimistic position and support the side. Kicking them when they are down, whilst offering nothing by way of a constructive comment on how we might improve the situation in the next two games is both counter productive and futile.
At the risk of repeating myself for those who will not listen, we identified a problem in the coaching set up, the problem has been addressed. Players are leaving and new ones are coming in, is that what some regard as papering over cracks? Maybe if we shut the place down and sold it for housing you'd then be happy and have nothing to constantly whine about.
Sorry TB: I hadn't read your post before I submitted my opinions on Roly's post and the criticism of the team in general. I appear to have echoed your sentiments!
No need to apologise, we agree................ :smt004
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

I doubt it, since it his highly unlikely that the team or management know or care what is being said by the likes of us.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Meanwhile getting back to the rugby (well sort of) - Did anyone see the alleged 'spear tackle' on Freddie just prior to one of our tries (Harrison's I think)? Freddie mentioned it in a post match interview on RL, but I've heard no more about it. Citing material or player over-reaction? If it happened when I think it did, the AR on the CAT stand side stayed behind play to watch for any 'afters' so saw something, but didnt raise his flag to indicate foul-play.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

there was a tussle on the ground between freddie and their 15, ended with freddie on top , then helping him up and going to kick the conversion.

not heard anything on a citing, nor #8 either and there wasn't a bt rugby tonight program last night so nothing was on there either.

but tbh the officials missed so much it wouldn't surprise me if that was missed too.
cheers
Rich
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

Freddie got tip (not spear) tackled up to the horizontal after the ball had gone, took umbrage and had handbags while the game went to the other end of the pitch. Nearly as hilarious as his handbags earlier with the Welsh 9 who wouldn't let him have the ball.

Perhaps Freddies energies would be better spent trying to organise an attack with ball in hand!
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Perhaps Freddies energies would be better spent trying to organise an attack with ball in hand!
Trouble is that's difficult when you are on the ground 30-40 yards behind the action. I thought Welsh were deliberately targeting Freddie with some of their antics (and perhaps Pearce too). I enjoyed the tussle with the 9 too....
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

i thought lw just came to spoil, they were slow to the scrum and lineout and niggly around the field..

BUT

we won with a 5 pointer and hopefully no injuries (fingers cross on Pearce)
cheers
Rich
Ian S
Tiger Cub

Post by Ian S »

ellis9 wrote:I've yet to see a valid reason as to why we are in decline which is why I asked why YOU think we are in decline.
I genuinely think you are joking and on the wind up,it really does not warrant an answer. Even Tigerburnie would struggle to put a case forward that would say we were not in decline. But keep posting as some are quite amusing. :smt001
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

Ian S wrote:
ellis9 wrote:I've yet to see a valid reason as to why we are in decline which is why I asked why YOU think we are in decline.
I genuinely think you are joking and on the wind up,it really does not warrant an answer. Even Tigerburnie would struggle to put a case forward that would say we were not in decline. But keep posting as some are quite amusing. :smt001
It is true we are not as good as we were, but other teams are better than they used to be. Not so long ago Blackburn rovers won the premiership, Carlisle were in the first division, Leicestershire CC won games! Things change accept it and if that is true then our "decline" can change too, I would like to think it will start at the beginning of next season, new coach, several new players, new style to be sure, NEW KIT, change is coming, will it be enough, I don't know, but that's the wonder of sport and supporting your team.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

.. as pearce said though in the merc piece - we had the class to turn it around in the 2nd half...
cheers
Rich