Team V London Welsh.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

covrich

Re: Team V London Welsh.

Post by covrich »

Youngs did really well there.

well 5 points in the bag but that was again a really iffy performance..

Two games left and we must be better than that
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

After that i would go with @ Wasps

1) Mulipola, 2) Youngs, 3) Cole
4) Parling, 5) Thorn
6) Gibson, 7) Salvi, 8) Crane
9) Youngs, 10) Burns
12) Bai, 13) Tait
11) Goneva, 14) Thompstone, 15) Morris

16) Ghilrandini, 17) Rizzo, 18) Balmain, 19) Kitchener, 20) Pearce, 21) Harrison, 22) Bell, 23) Scully
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

RagingBull wrote:After that i would go with @ Wasps

1) Mulipola, 2) Youngs, 3) Cole
4) Parling, 5) Thorn
6) Gibson, 7) Salvi, 8) Crane
9) Youngs, 10) Burns
12) Bai, 13) Tait
11) Goneva, 14) Thompstone, 15) Morris

16) Ghilrandini, 17) Rizzo, 18) Balmain, 19) Kitchener, 20) Pearce, 21) Harrison, 22) Bell, 23) Scully
Is there an alternative to Rizzo I thought he was abject
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

Has anyone been crocked today to add to the list?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Pearce maybe.

Brugnara looked good when he came on I though. Bristow I think has left.

Not sure though heard in passing..

Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

5 points but my god we look poor.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Phew................Time for a pint. No Remy today. Sounded iffy. Didn't see it at all so thanks to all those who kept the updates flowing.

Sounds like we need some work.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

If we play like that again we won't get another point this season. The first half performance was possibly the worst I've seen at WR. There were boos as the players left the field at half time. Second half was a slight improvement, I think we were up by 7 when their 8 got red carded and then Welsh seemed to pack in. A result like that against possibly the worst team in premiership history who had 14 men for the last 25 minutes is shocking. As I say if we play like that versus wasps they'll put 40 on us.
Latecomer

Post by Latecomer »

I said it could be a record score or an arm wrestle and we got the latter thru our own making. Bad sign when a streaker is the only highlight of the first half. I said we shouldn't field a weaker team, but we get yet another different centre combination when Bai and Smith are both available, silly mistakes (Burns kicking ball dead when going for five metre line out), knock ons, inability to hold onto the ball, silly penalties and we make Wlsh look good. At this rate we won't make the playoffs.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

RagingBull wrote:Fonua just manhandled Salvi.

Good try by him.

Looking forward to seeing him @ Leicester (Of course fitter).
He looked like he was blowing bubbles after 10 minutes. If he has a decent pre-season, loses some flab and adapts to the Tigers' way, he could be a real weapon for us next year.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Wasn't able to attend today due to cricket ground prep commitments so the first thing I looked for was the number of points we got from the game. Five. Brilliant then. And back in 4th place. So now the pressure is on Exeter to conjure a win against Wasps but a draw would suit us very well.
Happy that we didn't play brilliant, sparkling rugby yet lost or didn't get that bonus point
If we won ugly as several of you have said then I'll settle happily for the 5 points thank you!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

The first half was so dire that the streaker is to be congratulated for giving Tigers' long-suffering fans something to cheer about.

Personally thought the 10-12 axis was dead in the water. We shifted the ball out, Welsh drifted and covered, yet there were massive holes around the tackle area - it was like the worst of the MOC pat-a-cake era.

We all enjoyed the tackle on the streaker by Halufia. Some of the Welsh players were roaring with laughter.

However IMO Tigers lost focus, and were shambolic when Welsh scored.

The Ystradgynlais lads did well in the GarryOwen Challenge at half-time and looked much better than Tigers at catching and holding on to the ball.

Welsh were barely coping in the second half and the Halufia sending off was stupid. Big cojones to Pearce for getting up and definitely not milking it. IMO Shazam upped the tempo and with 14 men Welsh drifted out of it.

MOTM for me was Pearce. Bell looked very competent, Burns less so.
Few Tigers players showed up well; Catchpole was anonymous, Morris and Scully had some flashes amongst the dross.

The game had more scrums than I ever remember. Wrigglesworth was pants, but then he was reffing bottom-of-the-table dross IMHO. Tigers are really not a Top4 team, and IMO as expressed before by me, Top 6 will be a just result, Top 4 an astonishing bonus.

I will be sorry to miss the Stains game, but the prospect of earning ££ in Cardiff that weekend won out.

Thanks to all this season, especially those who helped when Mrs G was taken poorly (Tricia, Gary & Andy).
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

I really like Pearce. Big and strong with nice hands. Huge testament to his character after that hit, to not only get up as quickly as possible, but to shake the hand of Haulifia (?) shows what kind of man he is. Tough but fair. I love that.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

jgriffin wrote:The first half was so dire that the streaker is to be congratulated for giving Tigers' long-suffering fans something to cheer about.

Personally thought the 10-12 axis was dead in the water. We shifted the ball out, Welsh drifted and covered, yet there were massive holes around the tackle area - it was like the worst of the MOC pat-a-cake era.

We all enjoyed the tackle on the streaker by Halufia. Some of the Welsh players were roaring with laughter.

However IMO Tigers lost focus, and were shambolic when Welsh scored.

The Ystradgynlais lads did well in the GarryOwen Challenge at half-time and looked much better than Tigers at catching and holding on to the ball.

Welsh were barely coping in the second half and the Halufia sending off was stupid. Big cojones to Pearce for getting up and definitely not milking it. IMO Shazam upped the tempo and with 14 men Welsh drifted out of it.

MOTM for me was Pearce. Bell looked very competent, Burns less so.
Few Tigers players showed up well; Catchpole was anonymous, Morris and Scully had some flashes amongst the dross.

The game had more scrums than I ever remember. Wrigglesworth was pants, but then he was reffing bottom-of-the-table dross IMHO. Tigers are really not a Top4 team, and IMO as expressed before by me, Top 6 will be a just result, Top 4 an astonishing bonus.

I will be sorry to miss the Stains game, but the prospect of earning ££ in Cardiff that weekend won out.

Thanks to all this season, especially those who helped when Mrs G was taken poorly (Tricia, Gary & Andy).
Good summary JG. However you forgot Tait's excellent performance with ball in hand. In Manu and Loamanu's absence I would like to see him retained there for the remainder of the season as we have plenty of other options at full back. I believe that Goneva outside him could profit from his line breaks.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete »

I really like Harrison. When he comes on we look a different team..........