chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Kings of the North

Post by chipnchase »

Flash

Re: Kings of the North

Post by Flash »

I'm pretty sure Tiger's are in the Midlands but I suppose that wouldn't lead to their "catchy" competition name.
kingneptuneii
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kingneptuneii »

if the Trophy presentation doesnt consist of a large number of burly beaded yorkshire men in fur and armour, holdingtheir broadswords in the air and denoucning the RFU for "ruling over us from some flowery seat in the south" and shouting "king of the north! King of the North!" then I will deem the whole exercise a miserable failure
Never mind the ball, get on with the game!!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

kingneptuneii wrote:if the Trophy presentation doesnt consist of a large number of burly beaded yorkshire men in fur and armour, holdingtheir broadswords in the air and denoucning the RFU for "ruling over us from some flowery seat in the south" and shouting "king of the north! King of the North!" then I will deem the whole exercise a miserable failure
Ay up, thee needn't wurry thee sen lad. A'l be thee'r at top ov t'ill wi mi sord in mi 'and and mi legs akimbo. :smt027
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

:smt037 :smt037 :smt037
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

kingneptuneii wrote:if the Trophy presentation doesnt consist of a large number of burly beaded yorkshire men in fur and armour, holdingtheir broadswords in the air and denoucning the RFU for "ruling over us from some flowery seat in the south" and shouting "king of the north! King of the North!" then I will deem the whole exercise a miserable failure
As a Game of Thrones nerd sadly I must correct you as it is in fact 'King in the North', must have changed for copyright reasons ;-)
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Be careful, there is a Yorkshire First political party, as well as a North party with candidates at this election. Some have been known to be burly and carrying a full set of flat vowels.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

One of the big attractions of Europe and the LV= is/was playing someone other than Premiership clubs. This is going to feel a bit same old, same old. A bit 6 pre-season friendlies. 10 out of 10 for putting on something to replace the LV=. Maybe 3 out of 10 for the actual competition. Hope it is only for one season.

Now if it had been Tigers, Saints & Wasps - Masters of the Midlands? - no chance of accusations of "friendlies" :smt003
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

Sale and Newcastle - riveting.
kingneptuneii
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kingneptuneii »

chipnchase wrote:
As a Game of Thrones nerd sadly I must correct you as it is in fact 'King in the North', must have changed for copyright reasons ;-)
DAMN! I was hoping I'd be the biggest GoT geek on the forum, and as such my quote would be met with general merriment of those with a passing interest! without anyone reading too far into it! :smt005

aw well, back to my dornish red!
Never mind the ball, get on with the game!!
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

I think I'm with doublecarpet here . . . Sale and Falcons aren't really the most interesting opposition. Saints and Wasps would have been better. Oh well, out of blind loyalty and a lack of imagination to go do anything else, me and mine will be there to cheer us on!
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Stains and Wasps would have been entertaining and would have made sense. Newcastle and Sale are the least attractive fixtures in the league. If this is an RFU led regional idea, we've been absolutely shafted. Could we not have got Stains and Pests in a midlands league? I'd pay to see that. Although I suppose I am paying for this even if I don't want it.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

TigerLad wrote:Stains and Wasps would have been entertaining and would have made sense. Newcastle and Sale are the least attractive fixtures in the league. If this is an RFU led regional idea, we've been absolutely shafted. Could we not have got Stains and Pests in a midlands league? I'd pay to see that. Although I suppose I am paying for this even if I don't want it.
Yes but we might win this one :smt003
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

They're doing regional competitions and we don't get to have our own mini tournament with Wasps and Saints!? I'm literally seething!

I hope we win it though so we can be Kings of somewhere we're not even from.
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

I have to say I was expecting something a little more impressive :smt015