Saracens v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Saracens v Tigers

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I think the thing that is still bugging me, is the fact we had 2 weeks to prepare for this game. Back moves, forward moves and team continuity.

Now off for a Saturday night shift...oh the hits just keep on coming.

The only shining light from the game was the commentary of a player running into De kock....I think it was Morris and went "Morris bashes De kock"...at least that made me smile. :smt002
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Exeter have got to play Saints, Sarries, Wasps and Sale so fourth place is still within the grasps of Tigers.
Saints also play Sarries.
Not been a great season but the game at Wasps will be the defining game as to whether Tigers get into the play offs!!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

h's dad wrote
Your opening comments about George Ford being allowed to leave show a lack of comprehension that distracts from anything of merit in the rest of your post
Really, allowing a young mecurial talent (as identified by all on here) to only sign a one year contract and further hone his skills and experience before turning his back on us is good business management? with your understanding of a Director and the need for them to assume responsibility!! it ill behoves you to assert my lack of comprehension. It's amazing how many on here infer inside knowledge that the rest of us don't possess then produce absolutely no supportive evidence.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Spicer wrote:For once I am unemotional about all this. I expected to lose to Sarries away and we did. We are not a top team this season.
My god. A realist!

Disappointing, but expected, and far better than last season!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

ellis9 wrote:Right, time for my moan and it's not at the team, it is at some of the most idiotic, pathetic and downright stupid comments on this forum.

We have had:
-People saying we have the worst backs in Tigers history
-The players show no passion or desire
-Our season is over
-People who cannot wait until next season
-Apparently a "Club our size" should be in the final every season and winning it pretty much, if not every season!

Well, we currently find ourselves in 4th position. The lowest position we will be after the weekends games will be 5th. We have won only one less game than both Bath and Saracens and we have lost only one more game than Saracens and the same amount as Bath.

We can still finish in the top 4.

I don't think I have ever seen Tigers players with no passion or desire. We may have been poor today but you are completely insane to suggest the players were not trying.

We do not currently have the worst backs 11-14 in Tigers history, it is not easy when we keep having to play different players most weeks.

Our season is over? No it clearly isn't. We can still get a top 4 position and still win the final at Twickenham.

People cannot wait until next season? See you next season then. Don't bother turning up to matches for the rest of this season if that's how you really feel.

A club "our size" should be in the final and winning it most seasons? What godforsaken right do Tigers have to be the Champions every or most seasons? None! Just because we are the biggest club in England it does not mean we "should" be winning the title every year. What sort of idiotic, arrogant statement is that?!

I am completely fed up of so called supporters throwing everything and anything they can think of that is negative towards our club.

We were minutes away from a Premiership Final last season and can still make one this season. Until it is mathematically impossible that we cannot qualify in a top 4 position, then our hunt to win the trophy back is still on!
:smt023
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Really, allowing a young mecurial talent (as identified by all on here) to only sign a one year contract and further hone his skills and experience before turning his back on us is good business management? with your understanding of a Director and the need for them to assume responsibility!! it ill behoves you to assert my lack of comprehension. It's amazing how many on here infer inside knowledge that the rest of us don't possess then produce absolutely no supportive evidence.
Have you thought that maybe Ford only wanted to sign a 1 year contract?

This is exactly what I mean when I say there are too many negative comments and too many digs at the club. God forbid, we cannot blame Ford, it was all Cockerill's fault, he is the DOR. Absolute rubbish!!
scrum1/2
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by scrum1/2 »

Had the edge in the scrums and lineouts, had plenty of the ball, lots of huff and puff but no real line breaks. Last year Goneva woud have gone over a couple of times. Pretty similar to all season we get into the 22 and then knock on. We don't tie enough of the defence into the breakdown area and lots of times today Sarries were able to blanket the field with their defence and not having Manu to punch through and Allen to control midfield is costing us dear this year. We cannot keep saying we've got players out - today we had a lot back and still could not convert any chances in the first half which ultimately cost us the game. Need to get the forwards to pull in more players and the backs to run better lines to create gaps - only hope Mauger can bring this with him next year as he was brilliant at creating space as a player! We also need to keep 15 players on the field for the whole game when playing away! Sarries took their chances today and we didn't, they looked threatening when breaking, we didn't, they looked like they enjoyed defending and we didn't - will continue to support but we need to improve quickly to stay in top 4 and maybe this year we don't deserve to as other teams have played better all season?
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Smudge wrote:TB wrote :
Offer something constructive for a change if you can.
I think you sit on line waiting for any criticism to pounce on.

Do you seriously think the team played well today either forwards or backs? Seriously?
That's OK then. They were brilliant of course. (Too many deep fried mars bars to blame for your blind unquestioning allegiance)
In all the years I have been involved with Tigers we have pretty much always had
a strong and well organised pack. It has been the Tiger's way.

On paper, we put out a near first choice pack today yet they didn't function,
anything like they should have so who should we look to for the reason?
I would say the pack leader and the forwards coach. Maybe it was the waterboy's fault TB?
They lacked leadership, organisation, grunt, know how and the Tiger's will to win.
You can make all the excuses you like for him but those who know, know who to blame.
Was it Richard Cockerills fault that OTY was yellow carded, or Niki Gonevas, did us playing for a quarter of the game with a man down away from home on a synthetic pitch we are not used to doesn't have any bearing on the result? It is always Cockers fault, you probably blame him for warm beer or cold pies, or the wrong weather, or the traffic outside the ground? You are showing just out of touch you are with reality, we conceded points heavily with a player in the bin, then get another when we are trying to get into the game. Were either "one for the team" or were they plain daft?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
covrich

Post by covrich »

In 2015 we have done very well with our results, masters of winning ugly I dare say.

But today....., today we got taught a lesson by a better side.

Being realistic I was really hoping for a LBP today.

I think unfortunately we are currently a grade behind Saints Bath and Sarries and I know I will get shot down for this I think Wasps will put us away at the Ricoh and quite possibly take the 4th spot as I can see them winning all four of their final games..
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Personally I think ATM we will beat Welsh and Saints at home but Wasps will beat us and most likely deny us a LBP.

Just my 2 cents, our away form is to poor ATM and wasps attack is extremely good.

Maybe if Allen and or Manu is back who knows.
leic

Post by leic »

Are back line are useless, feel the club is on a real downer, losing star players, in fact I'm really depressed! how many world class players our we signing?!?!
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

In the words of Richie Benaud Australia losing a wicket is not a disaster, by the same token Tigers losing a game of rugger is not a disaster. :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Regarding George Ford, his father's guidance could have gone like this. Stay another year at Tigers then if Bath think you are worth the risk you can come to us, with a huge salary increase.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Here are the last 10 years results away to Sarries with their scores first as home side:-

Dec 2013 49-10 Lost
Sept 2012 9-9 Draw
Feb 2012 19-20 Won
Oct 2010 26-20 Lost
Jan 2010 15-22 Won
Apr 2009 13-16 Won
Oct 2007 26-19 Lost
Nov 2006 22-16 Lost
Apr 2006 12-13 Won
Apr 2005 19-17 Lost

Played 10 Won 4 Drawn 1 Lost 5
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

tigercaspian wrote:Here are the last 10 years results away to Sarries with their scores first as home side:-

Dec 2013 49-10 Lost
Sept 2012 9-9 Draw
Feb 2012 19-20 Won
Oct 2010 26-20 Lost
Jan 2010 15-22 Won
Apr 2009 13-16 Won
Oct 2007 26-19 Lost
Nov 2006 22-16 Lost
Apr 2006 12-13 Won
Apr 2005 19-17 Lost

Played 10 Won 4 Drawn 1 Lost 5
So it's only been the last 2 years where we have come away with nothing. :smt009
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Not sure the LBPs were in place 2007 & prior ??