Re: Saracens v Tigers

Post by TigerLad »

Marcos injured aswell. Looks bad aswell. That could be season over. :smt022
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

Can anybody tell me why we not putting Marcus on a stretcher instead of causing further damage to him making him walk
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

19-6 with conversion to come. We are some distance behind the top teams. We have to improve for next year or it's going to be another failure of a year.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Another?

With which season are you referring to be a failure?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

The trouble now is when we do get breached in defence we can't catch up with our Attack.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

ellis9 wrote:Another?

This one and last year. Not winning the league has to be considered a failure for a club of our size. Possibly scraping a top 4 place is absolutely a failure. We are being outclassed by a better team again and that's not good enough. We have to improve.
dj_joem
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by dj_joem »

Side to side we go where we stop nobody knows. Meh.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

TigerLad wrote:

This one and last year. Not winning the league has to be considered a failure for a club of our size. Possibly scraping a top 4 place is absolutely a failure. We are being outclassed by a better team again and that's not good enough. We have to improve.
In which case we have had a fair amount of failures in the past 10/12 years.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

TigerLad wrote:

Apologies. I didn't realise this season had finished and the trophy handed out to the Champions.

I am sure my calendar says today is the 11th April; Or does the season now finish on th 11th April?
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

RagingBull wrote:
TigerLad wrote:

In which case we have had a fair amount of failures in the past 10/12 years.
Absolutely. And we've come back stronger afterwards. Hopefully we do next year and that's what I'm saying.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Lots of passion and effort from Tigers today. LBP looking unlikely.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

ellis9 wrote:
TigerLad wrote:

Apologies. I didn't realise this season had finished and the trophy handed out to the Champions.

I am sure my calendar says today is the 11th April; Or does the season now finish on th 11th April?
Being realistic though we are some distance from the better sides ATM. If we can scrap our way through and win then great but it's highly unlikely. All I'm saying is that we've got to improve for next year.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I'm afraid to say you could see this coming. I'm not going to knock the players and coaches for this performance because I believe they do their best every week, but 5 wins have papered over some pretty big cracks. I think this game puts where we are in perspective. I'd still expect us to finish 4th and reach the playoffs but nothing beyond that. Of course people will point to our injuries but Saracens aren't at full strength today and in the modern game you don't get 23 first-team players fit. Of course we'd be better with Manu, Croft and Slater… but if I'm honest we still wouldn't be good enough to beat the top AP teams or get past the last 8 in Europe. I really do see next season as pivotal in terms of where we are going...

My thoughts are with any of our travelling supporters. I was there the other year when they thumped us 40-something and my advice is just get home and down to a decent pub as fast as you can!
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

For me the most telling statistic is that only London Welsh have scored fewer tries than Tigers. That to me is a disappointing season ...