County Cup finals

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

County Cup finals

Post by MJ Chairman »

Anyone who may be interested the Colts and 1st team finals take place tomorrow, Tuesday April 7th at the Tigers ground.
Colts game is between South Leicester and Hinckley and due to kick off at 6, with the senior game due to kick off at 7.30 , between South Leicester and Syston.
There is usually a small admission fee but can't tell you what that may be.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Re: country cup finals

Post by h's dad »

Admission is a fiver. 'Attendance' expected to be in the order of 15,300 (including season ticket holders).

Edit: as a premium double header, season tickets may not be valid for this fixture.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: County Cup finals

Post by MJ Chairman »

Double victory for South 10-9 in the Colts against Hinckley, and 34-27 against Syston and a hugely biased ref who shouldn't be allowed to ref any higher than vets.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Syston came back superbly in the mens game.
I saw the second half of the Colts match and Hinckley were denied a clear try by the officials, it was shocking officiating!
Cheery chappy
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Syston did come back well, helped by a couple of very dodgy try decisions. I was too far away to see the Hinckley try decision but they did seem confident. The actions of their full back though were just stupid and deserving of a yellow card.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

I was right in line and it was clearly a Hinckley try, so obvious.
Agree regarding the actions, very silly, but brought about by very poor officiating.
Cheery chappy
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Was the attendance good?
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Quite a few sat in the crumbie and the terrace was busy, it looked good.
Sorry do not know exact numbers :smt003
Cheery chappy
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

MJ Chairman wrote:Syston did come back well, helped by a couple of very dodgy try decisions. I was too far away to see the Hinckley try decision but they did seem confident. The actions of their full back though were just stupid and deserving of a yellow card.
I couldn't see clearly the first claims for the Hinckley try but after the play on the ball was definitely grounded over the line. Despite this though, Hinckley fell down in a number of areas and really didn't deserve the win on the day.
Syston battled hard as underdogs and did well to take the lead after half time. I think it was closer than many expected at that point.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

I couldn't see clearly the first claims for the Hinckley try but after the play on the ball was definitely grounded over the line. Despite this though, Hinckley fell down in a number of areas and really didn't deserve the win on the day.
Syston battled hard as underdogs and did well to take the lead after half time. I think it was closer than many expected at that point.
From what I saw of the Colts game Hinckley dominated possession and territory and should've put South away but still the try not being given was the most shockingly poor piece of officiating I have seen in a while. I thought Hinckley were very hard done to.
South Colts try came from a kick with the sun shining over the top of the clubhouse end blinding the defender in 22.
The mens game was very entertaining.
Cheery chappy
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

The Boy Dave wrote:
From what I saw of the Colts game Hinckley dominated possession and territory and should've put South away but still the try not being given was the most shockingly poor piece of officiating I have seen in a while. I thought Hinckley were very hard done to.
South Colts try came from a kick with the sun shining over the top of the clubhouse end blinding the defender in 22.
The mens game was very entertaining.
With a name like Massarella you would think hinckley would be home and dry. I've just realised the senior official for the senior game was Mr Garner.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Both also share the inability to ref the scrum as well as their name
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Never really took that much notice before.
Since when did definitely grounding over the line not become deserving of winning a game of rugby that was lost 10-9? :smt017
Cheery chappy
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

The Boy Dave wrote:Never really took that much notice before.
Since when did definitely grounding over the line not become deserving of winning a game of rugby that was lost 10-9? :smt017
Obstruction? Refereeing errors the other way? Abstract moral claims?
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

RagingBull wrote:Was the attendance good?
Around 1000 I was told !