Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Dan Cole

Post by tigerburnie »

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leice ... story.html

Have to agree with every word of this, Dan has come back well from his injury and at times works as a second 7 for us in the loose and gives us an extra edge.Relieved when the 6nations finished with our lads all in one piece, now for the playoffs.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Dan Cole

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

I'm sure that someone will correct me, but from what I recall he tends to be the last of the front rowers to be replaced by England, which underlines how important they see him as. He always puts in a shift, does his work around the park and in tandem with Marcos and OTY they form one of the best front rows around and Coley is one of our genuinely world class players.

As you say, he's come up really well following two fairly quickfire injuries. Let's just hope that he stays fit down the stretch for us.
Flash

Post by Flash »

I might be biased but Tiger's easily have the best front row in the AP.

His injury probably did him a favour, it meant England had to use other tight heads and while he is arguably the best in the world at least he doesn't have to play nearly every minute of every England game like he seemed to before his injury.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Agree with all that said. Dan turns 28 in May I think so with a bit of luck he'll stay at home till after the next world cup then head off to the south of France for a well deserved pension top up.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

His injury did England a favour in that it forced them to use Wilson and Brookes, who have proven themselves and gained experience which will benefit them, Cole and England.

We must remember not to grind Cole into the ground at Tigers.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

mol2 wrote:His injury did England a favour in that it forced them to use Wilson and Brookes, who have proven themselves and gained experience which will benefit them, Cole and England.

We must remember not to grind Cole into the ground at Tigers.
Well, we've seen Balmain step up and Mulipola was already a regular. Cole's injury may have given him a good long rest in a big year for him, and forced both club and country into exploring other options to make him less invaluable.

He's still easily the best tighthead available to both Leicester and England, but at least Cockerill and Lancaster can have faith in his understudies to perform too.