Salvi

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wolftiger

Re: Salvi

Post by Wolftiger »

[quote="Then there's a 3rd group of us - a tiny minority, who can see he's pretty pants at others.[/quote]

RC said at the Open Forum he was open to suggestions and for someone to come in and freshen things up, I.e. Mauger. He did not have all the answers. Can only assume you were not there or did not listen. Ever tried to speak to him at what he's "pretty pants at" - you may be surprised at how the conversation goes.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Wolftiger wrote:[quote="Then there's a 3rd group of us - a tiny minority, who can see he's pretty pants at others.
RC said at the Open Forum he was open to suggestions and for someone to come in and freshen things up, I.e. Mauger. He did not have all the answers. Can only assume you were not there or did not listen. Ever tried to speak to him at what he's "pretty pants at" - you may be surprised at how the conversation goes.[/quote]

Yep, I've never seen or heard Cockers exaggerating what he knows about, in fact he's often very self depreciating.
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Forgive me if I've got this wrong but I thought this thread was titled 'Salvi'. It seems that most threads nowadays get hijacked and end up as the subject-matter 'Cockers'!!!
Give blood, play rugby!!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

You may be right Wardy, but it probably reflects general concerns over this seasons Tigers performances, demonstrated by our dreadful points difference, regardless of our position in the league.
Valhalla I am coming!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

How did Salvi play yesterday? What was his body language like?
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

He seemed his usual self didn't notice anything untoward at all from him on the sidelines or when he came on..Didn't have a great game but then no-one did..
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by 1966 »

kornboy130 wrote:What we have is two camps of people:

Those who blame Cockerill for a lot of faults at the club.
AND
Those who praise Cockerill for the trphies won etc during his tenure.

Then there's a 3rd group of us - a tiny minority, who can see he's pretty great at some bits and pretty pants at others and would like to see him continue being good at some bits and be better at his weak points - of which a few come throguh from time to time.
Alternatively, there are some of us who recognise both his positives and negatives but see us becoming less competitive season on season due to the weaknesses outweighing the positives.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Wolftiger wrote:
Then there's a 3rd group of us - a tiny minority, who can see he's pretty pants at others.
RC said at the Open Forum he was open to suggestions and for someone to come in and freshen things up, I.e. Mauger. He did not have all the answers. Can only assume you were not there or did not listen. Ever tried to speak to him at what he's "pretty pants at" - you may be surprised at how the conversation goes.
You've selectively deleted part of my post in which I stated he was great at some things - so quite why I'm bothering to reply to someone so inept at making their own point I'm not sure.

However just to reiterate - if you don't delete parts of my posts - it seems you're telling my Cockers agrees with me - that he has his strengths and weaknesses - and he realises this. The people who think like me want him to stay, want him to continue what he does best (winning trophies) but for him to work on some areas which we can see (youth development and more recently playing style) and some which we hear about but can't say for sure as we aren't there (some bits seem to filter out regularly about a "my way or the highway" mentality).

But sure, you keep selectively quoting my posts to make it seem like I said something I didn't.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

1966 wrote:
kornboy130 wrote:What we have is two camps of people:

Those who blame Cockerill for a lot of faults at the club.
AND
Those who praise Cockerill for the trphies won etc during his tenure.

Then there's a 3rd group of us - a tiny minority, who can see he's pretty great at some bits and pretty pants at others and would like to see him continue being good at some bits and be better at his weak points - of which a few come throguh from time to time.
Alternatively, there are some of us who recognise both his positives and negatives but see us becoming less competitive season on season due to the weaknesses outweighing the positives.
A fairer conclusion than "he's all bad" or "he's all good" - naturally I think we'd like to see his positives outweigh his negatives (I, for the record, believe they do - but would prefer this to be even more so the case).
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Anti Cockers v Pro Cockers :smt015 :smt015 :smt015 :smt015

Anyway anyone want to talk about why we're losing one of the best open sides in the league when he's in his prime (the man does not look 29!).
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

This thread has totally lost its course. Please keep the discussion on the Original posters topic.
The thread will be locked otherwise.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

chipnchase wrote: Anyway anyone want to talk about why we're losing one of the best open sides in the league when he's in his prime (the man does not look 29!).
We don't know if we are losing him.

If we lose him I very much suspect it is for budget reasons.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

who's on the rugby hour this week? could be an interesting show..
cheers
Rich
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

It would be extremely disappointing to lose Salvi - he's a proven performer in the Premiership (whereas any new signing can be a risk) and he clearly wants to stay at the club.

I can understand that Mauger wants to bring in some of his own players, but someone like Salvi definitely needs to be secured as part of the squad going forwards.

To be honest, every team could do with multiple opensides in the squad and it's even possible to play with multiple openside in the XV (like Sale and Quins this season). Gibson has been covering 7, but if we lose Salvi then we're down to picking Barbieri (if he stays) as back-up. We'd need O'Connor to be every bit as indestructible as Salvi has proven to be.

In short, even if we're signing O'Connor there would definitely be a place for Salvi in the squad too.

If the reason we can't reetain him is because we signed Opeti Fonua, I will be very annoyed. We don't need even more No8s (Crane, Pearce, possibly Barbieri and then Fonua?) and he's not really managed to stand out for London Welsh - mediocre in a sea of mediocrity.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Well the player has to have one thing on his mind the security of hios family. If he has received a much better offer from a French club then given his age he would be mad to turn it down.