Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Salvi

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Has the forwards budget been shot?
4 definite outs, Briggs, Deacon, Parling, Gibson. Plus Price, though I'd imagine to lesser value contractually obviously.
Assuming there may have been the odd contract hike, but only 3 announced incoming's so far.

4 more undeclared as staying or suspected as off, Thorn, Croft, Barbieri, Salvi.
Plus the two projects unclear what's happening, Whetton & Peterson.
Mafi already long gone.
There must be still some left in the budget is assume for Salvi, or a replacement, along with renewals or replacements for those on that list.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

RC isn't to blame however by going public rather than just sticking to a nice safe 'The player and the club are still in ongoing negotiations' it could have saved yet another airing of dirty laundry.

RC isn't to blame though as he hasn't made the call AM has, A contract was tabled by RC accepted by Salvi and then withdrawn by RC when he came back from a break in Oz. Its safe to say its not a happy relationship.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

So many Cockers-haters wanted things to change at the'club that can never succeed'. Suddenly the club offers AM carte blanche as Head Coach (a mistake IMO). He starts making decisions, which the club implements. Same Cocker-haters now start whingeing about people leaving. If AM has as good a 7 as Salvi or better, why should he pay a larger wage to the guy he can dump (or who initially dumped himself)?
BTW Deacon retired, Parling got a bigger offer (it is a marquee signing apparently), Salvi thought he could do better....it goes on. The club moves quickly to fill the gaps. Issue?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

The one thing we can all be sure of is this has gone wrong.

The defensive response of the Welford Rd PR machine makes it very clear that RC has given the fans an incorrect answer at best.

If either is being flippant they're disrespectIng the fans who want Jules to stay.

Either way this will not help the dressing room and will affect morale.
Farmboy

Post by Farmboy »

Parling unable to be marque signing for Exeter. Doubt Cockers has much to do with the offer to players apart from saying who he would like & in what order
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Farmboy wrote:Parling unable to be marque signing for Exeter.
Why? Clubs are allowed two marquee players, only one of which has to have played outside the Premiership in the last 12 months,
Farmboy

Post by Farmboy »

Unless the rules have changed the 1st Marquee could not have played for another PRL club in the preceding 12 months(so could be an existing player), the 2nd has to come from outside the Aviva.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
Why? Clubs are allowed two marquee players, only one of which has to have played outside the Premiership in the last 12 months,
I suspect my informant, who works for Chiefs (!) may have got his info wrong in that respect, will 'FaceBook' him for clarification. Certainly seen as a key signing for next couple of seasons. Also Rowe is beginning to have Craig-like delusions apparently (though he doesn't invest his own money in the club in the manner of sugardaddies) which are getting on the staff's nerves there!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Also Rowe is beginning to have Craig-like delusions apparently (though he doesn't invest his own money in the club in the manner of sugardaddies) which are getting on the staff's nerves there![/quote]

With the Tigers business model we have much to be grateful for :smt003
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Marquee signings can not be signed from another primiership clubs.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

RagingBull wrote:Marquee signings can not be signed from another primiership clubs.
* unless selected and included in a national playing squad of any country participating in the RWC2011.
(For clarity only, Parling was not in the 2011 squad (I believe)).
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

jgriffin wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:
I suspect my informant, who works for Chiefs (!) may have got his info wrong in that respect, will 'FaceBook' him for clarification. Certainly seen as a key signing for next couple of seasons. Also Rowe is beginning to have Craig-like delusions apparently (though he doesn't invest his own money in the club in the manner of sugardaddies) which are getting on the staff's nerves there!
Dean Mumm then, I suppose. My informant admits he believed it was going to be Parling and pleads ignorance, which given his position in the club, is a lame excuse.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Farmboy wrote:-
Doubt Cockers has much to do with the offer to players apart from saying who he would like & in what order
You can not be serious!
A life long Tiger
Farmboy

Post by Farmboy »

IMSVHO would have thought SC is contracts man with discussion with RC
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

My understanding is that RC and SC get together after RC has identified gaps in the squad, and allocate fixed sums for each position, based on the current going rates in the Premiership. These can also be used to determine the extent of any contract offer to existing players, taking into account their record with the club, injuries, international call ups, etc. the highest rated players are props, particularly tight head, the lowest those good lookers in the back line who are "ten-a-penny". If Salvi's demands are above the fixed sum plus an added performance percentage, they will not be met, neither would any other player's.

It is a rigid system which prevents the club being held to ransome over wage demands, and goes some way towards explaining why we have a larger squad than most clubs, but also why, when we do not appear to be in contention or when there is discontent in the ranks, players look elsewhere where they can command more.
Valhalla I am coming!