Super User

Re: Salvi

Post by fentiger »

MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

From the merc report..."Where Richard Cockerill was correct that there is always the possibility of reaching an agreement with Julian in respect of a new contract, there never has been, and is not now, any agreement as to the terms of that contract.

"Unfortunately, therefore, a conclusion to any contractual negotiations is far from being reached."

Salvi starts Sunday's Aviva Premiership fixture at Newcastle from the bench.

So no agreement. Let's hope that all parties can sit down, in private, and come to an amicable situation.

In the meantime, apparently Salvi is on the bench for the Newcastle game. Just hope that he is in the right frame of mind, as we are going to have a fight on our hands.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

This whole thing reads pretty badly to me. The reported wording from the fans forum that there is a final deal on the table seems to be a little way from the truth and it seems that the club has been called out on it. To me it comes across as the club doing a bit of a PR exercise in implying that they would love to keep Salvi but he will not accept the money whereas Salvi seems to want it to be known that he is being dumped.

Now this is all heresay and supposition and I really hope that a deal can be done but thate Tweet seems to suggest a pretty irreversable breakdown (You do not make a public statement like that if you are trying to build bridges and seal a deal). Sadly it all seems a bit reminiscent of the Castro situation.

I hope I am wrong, after reading all the comments about the fans forum I was actually feeling pretty optimistic and hope that feeling continues.

(By the way, how would you feel if you were Gibson and it was made public that you really did not want to join your new club anymore. Not going to go down well with the fans and I suspect that I would be fuming if that was done to me)
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

re gibbo, worse that you agreed with Tigers to delay the announcement, but then saints announce it anyway. nice bunch aren't they?
cheers
Rich
darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by darganj »

All of this sounds like Salvi is making use of the statement made at the fans forum to make him sound like the good guy and RC the bad guy.

With the signings that have been made in the forwards and the expected big money signings in the backs, it would be surprising if Leicester kept Salvi as well.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

darganj wrote:All of this sounds like Salvi is making use of the statement made at the fans forum to make him sound like the good guy and RC the bad guy.
Or maybe RC started it by trying to make himself sound like the good guy and JS the bad guy...

Neither RC nor JS has succeed in what they do (and they both have succeed) by taking a step backwards. Trouble is RC is in management now .. and the rules are a bit different.

My take... it doesn't matter who said what to whom nor when .. JS is going, but RC needs to ensure the list of disgruntled leavers does not get out of hand. He is developing the wrong sort of track record. That said .. it is all about results and the squad next season which even without JS may yet win real competitions.. (ie excluding the Low Value cup).
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

rdracup wrote:RC needs to ensure the list of disgruntled leavers does not get out of hand. He is developing the wrong sort of track record.
Do we have a confirmed list of disgruntled leavers that RC is responsible for? I am talking about players on record saying they were unhappy how RC treated them.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Another bit of Stirling man management by RC again.

It can read as being a little sarcastic, is Julian now calling RC's bluff after the club withdrew their offer of a contract?

A little birdy mentioned that Mr Mauger plans to bring in a new 7 from NZ and Saalvi is no longer required.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Welcome back to the Cockers haters! :smt039
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

You would have to think Todd?

Has anyone seen him in Super rugby recently?

Anything to write home about?
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Is RC actually involved in how much we offer players? Or is that all done above him, he just chooses who he would like etc?

And also don't forget that there is an agent involved here as well! I very much doubt its between RC and JS.
Wolftiger

Post by Wolftiger »

RC's comments were made in answer to a question in an Open Forum and with the Club CEO sitting next to him. Yet his detractors on here, would rather believe Salvi's Twitter comments. Why not wait until the Negotiations are over & the Club finally announce whether he is going or staying!
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

It's all going to come back to the legal interpretation of the wording on the Salvi's original contract. As we know he had the 3 year contract but the third year was an option which he could opt out of and he did that.

Tigers therefore don't need to provide any offer UNLESS of course, he then asked to remain at Tigers and they had to re-engage contract talks.

Do Tigers want him to stay and can they afford to keep him - O'Connor coming in plus needing the cash for the back line?
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Wolftiger wrote:RC's comments were made in answer to a question in an Open Forum and with the Club CEO sitting next to him. Yet his detractors on here, would rather believe Salvi's Twitter comments. Why not wait until the Negotiations are over & the Club finally announce whether he is going or staying!
It's got nothing to do with taking sides - it simply comes down to interpretation and tending to your audience - which has likely lead to this rather unsavoury situation.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="chipnchase"]Another bit of Stirling man management by RC again.

It can read as being a little sarcastic, is Julian now calling RC's bluff after the club withdrew their offer of a contract?

A little birdy mentioned that Mr Mauger plans to bring in a new 7 from NZ and Saalvi is no longer required.[/quote]

Well, well... Jules McSalvi, a Stirling man. If the Scots selectors knew that he'd be in the team in a jiffy :smt002

It's funny how some posters are quick to blame, especially Cockers, when the facts just aren't known.
Here's an alternative, theoretical scenario. Jules, led by his agent, gets a sniff of more money from certain French clubs. Asks Tigers to match it. Cohen says it's too much, and so Jules and his agent play hard ball.Negotiations break down, and so not wanting to miss out, Tigers sign O'Connor. Jules has had his bluff called. Probably a load of hog-wash, much like some of the other unfounded tish being spouted.
Whatever the truth of the matter, the tweet from Jules looks unprofessional.
I hope that there is still space for Jules, and that the parties can come to an agreement.