Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 2014/15 Rumours/Contracts/Signings part 3

Post by JackFlashJonny »

ourla wrote:Saints sign young prop Paul Hill from Yorkshire:

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-union ... -carneigie

This guy looks very promising seems all the young talent wants to go to Saints nowadays...Mallinder at al definitely winning the signature stakes at present if you ask me
darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by darganj »

Agreed. I suppose it comes down to the question, do people care more about their current club and having a weaker England side, or would they prefer less teams which are of a provincial nature and a stronger England side?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JackFlashJonny wrote:

This guy looks very promising seems all the young talent wants to go to Saints nowadays...Mallinder at al definitely winning the signature stakes at present if you ask me
What?

Saints signing have been some promising youngster but considering Manoa is leaving they have yet to replace him and that is a massive thing.

Exeter for me are winning it ATM.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

RagingBull wrote:
JackFlashJonny wrote:

What?

Saints signing have been some promising youngster but considering Manoa is leaving they have yet to replace him and that is a massive thing.

Exeter for me are winning it ATM.
Exeter yes but I wasn't really including them more along the lines of we are no longer the East midlands club that people want to come to they are most wanting to go to the champions down the road..it is a strange feeling for us :smt037

But granted Rob Baxter has been smashing it :smt023
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Who has Saints signed that we could have done with signing ATM?

Brookes ---> we have Cole, Mulipola and Balmain
JJ Hanrahan ----> We have Burns and Williams
Gibson ----> Yes shame we couldn't keep him but Williams is interesting replacement.
Paterson ---> we have signed a respected Super rugby lock in Fitzgerald and we have Slater, Kitchener and De Cheves.
Kessell --> We have Youngs, Harrison, Mele and young Tresidder
Howard ----> Yes I would of liked him but we need to be looking at a starter @ Center and Wing which Betham will be.
Harris ---> We have Ayerza, Rizzo, Mulipola and Brugnara.
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

RagingBull wrote:Who has Saints signed that we could have done with signing ATM?

Gibson ----> Yes shame we couldn't keep him but Williams is interesting replacement.
Paterson ---> we have signed a respected Super rugby lock in Fitzgerald and we have Slater, Kitchener and De Cheves.
Howard ----> Yes I would of liked him but we need to be looking at a starter @ Center and Wing which Betham will be.
Totally agree, Saints are signing a few, but very few of those would get a look in at Tigers ATM.

I think our signings are of a better quality and I also agree losing Manoa is huge and no sign of a rplacement UNLESS, like us, they are waiting for someone to arrive after the World cup !!
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

floridaboy wrote:
RagingBull wrote:Who has Saints signed that we could have done with signing ATM?

Totally agree, Saints are signing a few, but very few of those would get a look in at Tigers ATM.

I think our signings are of a better quality and I also agree losing Manoa is huge and no sign of a rplacement UNLESS, like us, they are waiting for someone to arrive after the World cup !!
Personally I think you are both missing the point there..I am not stating I would want these signings..More along the lines of these signings are complementing their existing squad well and given the strength they have is worrying..plus it has been a while since a bight young talent headed Leicester's way that is all..who was the last really..Gibson? Apologies if I am way off the mark here but mulling it through none spring to mind :smt017
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

JackFlashJonny wrote:
floridaboy wrote:

Personally I think you are both missing the point there..I am not stating I would want these signings..More along the lines of these signings are complementing their existing squad well and given the strength they have is worrying..plus it has been a while since a bight young talent headed Leicester's way that is all..who was the last really..Gibson? Apologies if I am way off the mark here but mulling it through none spring to mind :smt017
No, you are right and I get what you are trying to say, I just feel that as I live in Northamptonshire I have to have some bragging rights, and I can sit in the pub and state that I feel that our recent signings have a bit more quality that theres!!
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

JackFlashJonny wrote:..plus it has been a while since a bight young talent headed Leicester's way that is all..who was the last really..Gibson? Apologies if I am way off the mark here but mulling it through none spring to mind :smt017
Burns has been a little slow burning (that was an accident) but is starting to get there.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

JackFlashJonny wrote:http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2588 ... 13,00.html

Fofana has re-signed with Clermont..Puts to bed the strong rumour he was coming here :smt003

Fofana & Tuilagi :smt045 That would have been the stuff of legend
it would be a very low 'passes per season' stat for the centres at the end of the year... :smt002
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JackFlashJonny wrote:
floridaboy wrote:

I don't count strengthening there depth as winning the signings race.

When burns unofficially signed he was considered a bright young talent, Owen Williams the season before. Wuss seem to think we have an excellent signing in Mike Williams who rejected Bath for us.

The fact is I would hold judgement until Manoa's replacement has been filled as The recent games have shown they are not a complete team as it is and considering how much Monoa does I bet Saints fans are desperate to see his replacement.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

He really has been a colossus for them...I doubt they can replace him hence why Mallinder and West have talked about having 3 players instead of him..
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JackFlashJonny wrote:He really has been a colossus for them...I doubt they can replace him hence why Mallinder and West have talked about having 3 players instead of him..
He is starting to sound like cockerill then ;)

Lose one excellent player replace him with an old journeyman and a youngster who might have potential.

;)
jauzy19
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by jauzy19 »

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Thanks Jauzy19 good stuff :smt023