Tait.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Tait.

Post by floridaboy »

Its now official on Bayonnes web site, Matt Tait has signed!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Tait.

Post by sapajo »

floridaboy wrote:Its now official on Bayonnes web site, Matt Tait has signed!
Shame he has definately been our best back this season and is getting better each game!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

For him personally I think it's an excellent move and we do have good cover in Bell & Niall Morris and Scottie Hamilton. Tait seems to have faded from Lancaster's thinking so he is making the wise move and thinking of his family's security first. I wish him the best of luck in his new venture.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I too congratulate Matt, maybe going one season too soon as he's playing well for us. Wish him all the best.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Really unlucky with injuries, how many more caps should he have had? I think we will really, really miss him and I wish Lancaster had picked him, then he would probably have stayed. Bell is promising, Morris steady, and Hamilton and bit long in the tooth now. None of them has the X factor Tait has.
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

since Tait was bought in injured and didn't play for us for ages he really has stepped up the mark and eared his place as good replacement for Geordie, sometimes Taity is guilty of trying to do too much on his own but overall a real asset and a joy to watch. Best of luck to him now but even tho I rate Scotty; he is getting on now, not played this season (?) possibly good for the 60 minute replacement if needed. Bai is good too .
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

sapajo wrote:
floridaboy wrote:Its now official on Bayonnes web site, Matt Tait has signed!
Shame he has definately been our best back this season and is getting better each game!
I'd merely say he's been busy and much, much better than previously - but definitely not the best back by any means - I'd put Youngs, Scully, Harrison, Thompstone and Williams ahead of him: the first two by some margin.

Nevertheless, very sad to see him go.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."