Whatever next?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Whatever next?

Post by MrPartridge »

Standing on the terrace yesterday as I do most home games I witnessed a rarity: one Tigers fan turned around to another after about 70 minutes and told them to 'be quiet'! Seriously!

On a wider point I thought the atmosphere yesterday was really poor. Very little chanting and the crowd only came to life in the last 5 minutes.

I couldn't help but smile after the game when I noticed in the bar a placard entitled something like: '10 virtues of Tigers fans' states '1. We are loud and proud'.
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Whatever next?

Post by APJones »

first half was quite noisy :smt026 but 2nd half first 30 minutes only the Sale fans had something to shout about. Last ten minutes was tigers again but too little too late for a TBP. :smt039
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I agree - very quiet - hardly anyone joining in the chanting that was started - but then again I despair at the tigers crowd most of the time - rarely is their any genuine passion shown and then only against the really big teams and when it is close.

I think the genteel who prefer the library atmosphere seem to be on the rise as the we move away from the people who have true knowledge of the game and many seem to fail to realise that the more noise you make the better the team will play.
Last edited by mightymouse on Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

MrPartridge wrote:Standing on the terrace yesterday as I do most home games I witnessed a rarity: one Tigers fan turned around to another after about 70 minutes and told them to 'be quiet'! Seriously!

On a wider point I thought the atmosphere yesterday was really poor. Very little chanting and the crowd only came to life in the last 5 minutes.

I couldn't help but smile after the game when I noticed in the bar a placard entitled something like: '10 virtues of Tigers fans' states '1. We are loud and proud'.
Just out of curiosity and for clarification, was the person asked to be quiet purely because they were shouting loudly in support of Tigers or, were they spouting continuous drivel and making witty (in their opinion) comments about the ref, oppo players etc or maybe talking complete horlicks?

If the former then tell me where you stand and i'll lend my foghorn to the cause! :smt003
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.