5 Laws you'd like to see changed in rugby

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 5 Laws you'd like to see changed in rugby

Post by biffer »

GETHIN EXILE wrote:One change I think should be considered is the substitution of yellow carded front row players. I have felt for a long time that when a team has a front row player yellow carded and a scrum is called the other side should have the choice of which player is replaced by the incoming front row player. It would make for a very interesting game if the non offending team could nominate say the fly half as the player who has to go off rather than the offending team taking a flanker off and then putting a winger onto the flank especially if the scrum was in the first minute or two of the sin bin period.
I'm not comfortable with the team picking which player, I think that's unfair. But I think they should be able to say if it's a forward or a back.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Jonathan Davies should not be allowed to comment on Wales.....
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Cheering when Wales score isn't exactly impartial is it? :smt018
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

TigerLad wrote:Cheering when Wales score isn't exactly impartial is it? :smt018

It's not the impartiality that's the problem, it's the way he pretends he's being even handed when he's not. Brian Moore is proudly English and makes no bones about it but is as critical of England as he is of anyone else.
Reggie
Tiger Cub

Post by Reggie »

Jonathan Davies always spoils my enjoyment of a game, and it's not his impartiality that does it but his shouty way of stating the bleeding obvious, describing exactly what you've just watched on the screen or repeating (usual several times) what his co-commentator has just said. He rarely offers any sort of insight. :smt013
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Reggie wrote:Jonathan Davies always spoils my enjoyment of a game, and it's not his impartiality that does it but his shouty way of stating the bleeding obvious, describing exactly what you've just watched on the screen or repeating (usual several times) what his co-commentator has just said. He rarely offers any sort of insight. :smt013
This is it for me too. From a pundit I want to be educated on what I might not be aware of from having never been a pro.

If I want a mad bloke jumping about telling me what I'd just seen I'd listen to the bloke next to me in the pub.