Saints game in May

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Saints game in May

Post by Tigerbeat »

InGuinnessVeritas wrote:
kingol22 wrote:The last game of the season before the CAT stand was opened was played over there, think it was Bristol although I'm not sure.
You are correct, it was the 73-3 tonking of Brizzle. What made me smile was the futile attempt of the stewards to stop a heap of Tigers supporters moving from one end of the ground to the other at half time so they would get a better view of the tries Leicester scored.
Last game was the play off game in May 2009......last league game was against Bristol.

http://www.leicestertigers.com/rugby/1s ... =2008-2009
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

palletman wrote:Going on the last posting in my opinion the club, TIGERS, should come clean regarding this thread/rumour NOW. Have we not had enough messing around this season with Kick Off's and match-day movements!
Why do tigers need to make a statement ? Do they need to comment on idle gossip ?

Tickets being sold clearly say H&B Standing terrace, I persume that means they are planning on holding it at Welford road
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

Tigerbeat wrote:
InGuinnessVeritas wrote:
kingol22 wrote:The last game of the season before the CAT stand was opened was played over there, think it was Bristol although I'm not sure.
You are correct, it was the 73-3 tonking of Brizzle. What made me smile was the futile attempt of the stewards to stop a heap of Tigers supporters moving from one end of the ground to the other at half time so they would get a better view of the tries Leicester scored.
Last game was the play off game in May 2009......last league game was against Bristol.

http://www.leicestertigers.com/rugby/1s ... =2008-2009
And we thought pedantry was dead!

The last game of the season was against Bristol. The play-offs are an unnecessary blight after the season has finished in which four teams, by virtue of their final league positions, are compelled to compete in three more revenue-generating matches.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

One man's pedantry is another man's attention to detail :smt002
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

L Smith wrote:One man's pedantry is another man's attention to detail :smt002
And, in the past, when people like BJ and others pointed out such things, they were slated for being pedants.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Just because you don't like the play offs, it doesn't mean you can just pretend that match didn't take place! Maybe it was an oversight on your part originally but to say it doesn't count as they are a money making scheme (which I am not denying) is stupid.
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

It boils down to the question are the play-offs part of the regular season or just an addition? I believe it is the latter and therefore I agree with Kingol22 that the Bristol match was the last of that season.
divingrob

Post by divingrob »

Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

Shows despite what we sometimes think they are watching and listening