Jordan Crane

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Jordan Crane

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Well done to Jordan on reaching the 200 game landmark for the Tigers on Sunday against Irish. A true asset to the club. Perhaps the sort of player the other players want in the trenches but not everyone's cup of tea on here. Great servant of the club. :smt038
dunks43

Re: Jordan Crane

Post by dunks43 »

Strange how tigers are saying its his 200th game, yet his biog on the tigers site says he's already played 202 games

But cant fault his dedication though, tigers through and through
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Every club needs its grafters. Gets a hard time from those who struggle to appreciate the mountain of unfashionable work he gets through in the tight. A player who would give everything to the club, and I'm disgusted by the disrespect he gets sometimes.

Congrats Jordan! :smt038
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and for me he is not good enough to be Tigers front line no.8..I don't think that is disrespectful its an opinion however congratulations to him on the achievement and I wish him all the best! :smt023
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

dunks43 wrote:Strange how tigers are saying its his 200th game, yet his biog on the tigers site says he's already played 202 games

But cant fault his dedication though, tigers through and through
The biog inexplicably includes the three pre-season friendlies prior to the 2012-13 season.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

JackFlashJonny wrote:for me he is not good enough to be Tigers front line no.8..
You'd think after 200 games he would have been found out wouldn't you :smt002 :smt003 :smt030

Well done to the man on making the landmark and captaining the side on the day. Let's hope the team can bring home the bacon!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Great asset to the club. He has a far greater skill set than he sometimes displays but this probably accounts for why he makes so few errors. I'm sure there are plenty of 8's with whistles and bells who look good on a highlights reel but are prone to brain farts at key moments (& none of them will have scored the winning penalty of a Heineken Cup Semi, either!).
Well done JC.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Darc Tiger wrote:Every club needs its grafters. Gets a hard time from those who struggle to appreciate the mountain of unfashionable work he gets through in the tight. A player who would give everything to the club, and I'm disgusted by the disrespect he gets sometimes.

100% agree with you. :smt038
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

TigerLad wrote:
Darc Tiger wrote:Every club needs its grafters. Gets a hard time from those who struggle to appreciate the mountain of unfashionable work he gets through in the tight. A player who would give everything to the club, and I'm disgusted by the disrespect he gets sometimes.

100% agree with you. :smt038
Me three. Well done Craney
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

He has always given his all to Tigers and look at his attitude last week. Super. His dive onto the clever chip over our defence saved a try and possibly the game. I am a huge fan and have watched many
away games when he has gone off, to then watch the pack struggle defensively. Well done to an underrated player. Doubters should watch his incredible work at the base of the scrum. Protects scrum half too and usually one of the best 8s in defence. For Saxons, years ago he was superb at offloading before going to ground but this is't Tigers'way. All the best for Sunday.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Every time I watch Crane, he seems to (a) run a bit and go to ground (b) protect the ball in scrum like it was a new born babe. As Ian C implies, the scrum half must be a happy lad with that!
As an ex and not very good full back I probably shouldn't be allowed to comment on his capabilities but 200 games for the club is a terrific landmark so congrats indeed without reservation!!
My favourite memory of Crane(sadly for all you forwards) remains his winning penalty kick!!
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

I don't think we can over state how important it must be for the rest of the team to look around and see that blue scrum cap and dyed blonde hair every game throughout the years. He is undaunted no matter the opposition or the weather. He's taken a pay cut for this club and he epitomises the grit and toughness this club is all about. Congrats Jordan! :smt038
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

This is a funny one for me. In one breadth I admire his commitment to our cause but in other aspects his play is very one dimensional. Get the ball make a metre go to ground and repeat. Sorry to say he never lived up to his potential.
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Massively under rated player on here. I remember being at Murrayfield for the HC final, and when Crane went off injured it was a game changer.
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

I too am a fan of JC. Has been a great servant and don't forget folks he also scored the try that helped win us the final against the Oirish.

The knee injury he sustained halted his true progress and probably played his best which got recognition for his England caps prior to it. Still I think he is our best No.8