Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

drc_007
Super User
Super User

London Irish v Tigers

Post by drc_007 »

Some good news

Players released to Aviva Premiership clubs: Brad Barritt (Saracens), Kieran Brookes (Newcastle Falcons), Danny Cipriani (Sale Sharks), Calum Clark (Northampton Saints), Alex Corbisiero (Northampton Saints), Nick Easter (Harlequins), Kyle Eastmond (Bath Rugby), Danny Care (Harlequins), Tom Croft (Leicester Tigers), Alex Goode (Saracens), Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints), Stephen Myler (Northampton Saints), Geoff Parling (Leicester Tigers), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens), Tom Wood (Northampton Saints), Tom Youngs (Leicester Tigers).
Tigerbeat

Re: London Irish v Tigers

Post by Tigerbeat »

Two out of three aint bad!!! Parling is injured?
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Was pretty close to playing last week, might want him to get a run out before the next international.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Tom Youngs can make a difference. Not that Briggs played too badly last week. But Youngs is a class act. Parling/Croft obviously will also would be useful.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Tom Youngs play is quite astounding for me sometimes the amount of work he gets through...will be a huge boost

I just hope he can tighten his throwing a little and he can oust Hartley!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

OTY is streets better than the Stains head job-except in the gentle art of throwing in.
And thats what gives the resident nutcase his head start, apparantly.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

I swear Oty had the best percentage for completed line outs last season so he can't he that bad . I could be wrong though or it may have been the season before either way he offers a lot more than Hartley
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

So it is Wayne Barnes on the whistle and Paul Dix & Ashley Rowden on the touches. Yes we really do need a good win but the Wayne factor troubles my expectations.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

amazing tiger wrote:I swear Oty had the best percentage for completed line outs last season so he can't he that bad . I could be wrong though or it may have been the season before either way he offers a lot more than Hartley
There have been churlish suggestions that when he's throwing to Tigers' players, his throwing is fine. Most of the butchered line outs from OTY have been when throwing to Lawes, Woods et al.
I'm never going to be anything but partisan to OTY so I'll leave it up to the conspiracy theorists to decide if there is any substance.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

L Smith wrote:
amazing tiger wrote:I swear Oty had the best percentage for completed line outs last season so he can't he that bad . I could be wrong though or it may have been the season before either way he offers a lot more than Hartley
There have been churlish suggestions that when he's throwing to Tigers' players, his throwing is fine. Most of the butchered line outs from OTY have been when throwing to Lawes, Woods et al.
I'm never going to be anything but partisan to OTY so I'll leave it up to the conspiracy theorists to decide if there is any substance.
It makes sense that Hartley connects better with Lawes and Wood, while Youngs connects better with Parling and Croft.

Also, the coaches job is to make a judgement on selections. Not everyone is going to agree, especially those of rival clubs. But the results are speaking for themselves at the moment. Let us see how the Ireland match goes.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I presume that Bai will be on the bench to cover Freddie at 10, so Roberts and Catchpole in the centres?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

tigerburnie wrote:I presume that Bai will be on the bench to cover Freddie at 10, so Roberts and Catchpole in the centres?
Loamanu is fit ready for selection along with scully
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I expect Bai to start and move to fly half if Burns gets injured
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

Tigerbeat wrote:I expect Bai to start and move to fly half if Burns gets injured
Agreed ! :smt026
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Would go for maybe:
1) Ayerza, 2) Youngs, 3) Mulipola
4) Kitchener, 5) De Cheves
6) Croft, 7) Salvi, 8) Crane
9) Harrison, 10) Burns
12) Bai, 13) Catchpole
11) Goneva, 14) Thompstone, 15) Tait

16) Thacker, 17) Rizzo, 18) Balmain, 19) Parling/Whetton/Peterson, 20) Pearce, 21) Mele, 22) Roberts, 23) Morris/Scully/Loamanu